Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCO shoes, and then possible menswear bargain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

6541 wrote: »
    Any other brand thst is as good as old Echo ?

I have a pair of Columbia hiking shoes ordered. I'll report if I ever get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

Any other brand thst is as good as old Echo ?

Berghaus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Have to say I've had many pairs of Ecco over the last 5 years, all wore well and are easily the most comfortable shoe/runner I've owned, very surprised to hear about all these disintegrating soles, maybe I've just been lucky so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭vidapura

Well folks, whatever about Ecco, I am very pissed off with Lavins Menswear.

I ordered a size 7 in the Ecco track shoes.. and what arrived is Size 7.5

When I rang to query this with them they give me the runaround.
    Claiming crap about Ecco sizes. Which is neither here nor there as they advertised size 7 on the website.
    And 7 is what I ordered.

So I should have got a 7. What I got, as it says on the box itself, is EU 41 , Uk 7.5

They have refused to pay for the return postage citing their returns policy, despite the fact that they sent the wrong size and the fault is theirs.

So now I have to go to the hassle of returning these shoes AND have to pay for the privilige..

I really miss Amazon.. at least they know how to deal with customers properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭matzen

vidapura wrote: »
    So now I have to go to the hassle of returning these shoes AND have to pay for the privilige..

If you paid using a credit/debit card , just do a charge back. I'm assuming the order confirmation email states size 7 so shouldn't be an issue for the bank to do the charge back.

• Advertisement

Not sure I understand that... how do you do it?
    Is it disputing the charge ?

Like, they said they would refund the money I paid for the shoes ... its just the postage I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Like, they said they would refund the money I paid for the shoes ... its just the postage I'm out.

PayPal allows you to claim postage if you need to send something back also.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

When putting out the bin today I discovered my partner had thrown out a pair of Ecco shoes for the same reason as me! The soles are crumbling and the side is split!

What are the chances that two people in the same household have the exact same problem :mad:

Happened me with two pairs, always bought ecco, never again. Customer service didn't want to know, didn't have receipts. Every day is a school day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have bought 4 pairs of these in a row. They are the most comfortable and hard wearing shoes ever.
    Cheapest I ever saw was 155. They are 127 here.
    https://www.lavinsmenswear.com/p/ecco-track-25-shoe---coffee/831844coffee
    Thanks OP!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

kneemos wrote: »

Ahh now! Thats something I hadn't thought of!!!
    And I just checked it out and it looks like paypal will help me out.

Thanks @kneemos for that!
    Brilliant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭matzen

If you received the incorrect item and you have proof of that you can do a charge back if the seller doesnt help you out. Contact your bank for details. You shouldn't pay postage of your received an incorrect item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

matzen wrote: »
    If you received the incorrect iremand you have proof of that you can do a charge back if the seller doesnt help you out. Contact your bank for details. You shouldn't pay postage of your received an incorrect item.

Id also leave a review. Its poor customer service if you have received an incorrect item and have to pay postage to resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

Well folks, whatever about Ecco, I am very pissed off with Lavins Menswear.

I ordered a size 7 in the Ecco track shoes.. and what arrived is Size 7.5

When I rang to query this with them they give me the runaround.
    Claiming crap about Ecco sizes. Which is neither here nor there as they advertised size 7 on the website.
    And 7 is what I ordered.

So I should have got a 7. What I got, as it says on the box itself, is EU 41 , Uk 7.5

They have refused to pay for the return postage citing their returns policy, despite the fact that they sent the wrong size and the fault is theirs.

EU 41 is UK 7 Look up size charts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

EU 41 is UK 7 Look up size charts.

My current Ecco shoe say 41. UK 7.5. US 7

So a 7 in an Ecco is not 41

shoeboxlabel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

FWIW I have a pair of Ecco Track, bought 2 years ago - the soles are the same as they were when I got them, virtually no wear or deterioration. Says "Made in Slovakia" on the label.

There is however some scuffing on the toes - can anyone recommend a product to touch this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 81r2

loyatemu wrote: »
    FWIW I have a pair of Ecco Track, bought 2 years ago - the soles are the same as they were when I got them, virtually no wear or deterioration. Says "Made in Slovakia" on the label.

There is however some scuffing on the toes - can anyone recommend a product to touch this up?

If your shoes are similar to the picture, two posts back. Would show polish be the solution? https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=281184222

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

All prices gone up ! Dam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭corks finest

I have bought 4 pairs of these in a row. They are the most comfortable and hard wearing shoes ever.
    Cheapest I ever saw was 155. They are 127 here.
    https://www.lavinsmenswear.com/p/ecco-track-25-shoe---coffee/831844coffee
    Thanks OP!

I'd 2pairs similar didn't last pissing time, but I've walking shoes made in Malaysia (ecco) that I've for years so it's definitely down to quality control,
    I'm heavy on shoes /boots as I hike daily on cliff walks etc(pre covid) but some ecco products are well below par

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Just out of curiosity, during the sale, what price were Lavins (?) selling Ecco track for?

They used to be around €120 upto €150 soo anything under €100 is pretty good.

I have worn ECCO for 30 years. Great shoes....yes, quality probably isn't what it used to be...but nothing is nowadays (sigh)

Edit : I see people paid €55 then €85, then €127.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »

You can get Ecco aftercare stuff from their website:

https://ie.ecco.com/en-IE/Men/Accessories/Care

I used the revive cream in the past and it worked ok.

kneemos wrote: »

Yay, I got an email from paypal today approving my request for the refund of the €9 return postage.

Thanks very much @kneemos , I would never have thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Barefooted

The ECCO shoes that I received from lavins were not even close to size. I was given the option of paying for the return postage or keeping a pair of shoes that didn't fit!

I dealt with lavins based on some comments I read here on Boards. I'm normally an observer not a participant, but on this occasion I'm annoyed enough to register so that I can put my experience out there.

I don't want to initiate a plusses & minuses debate. I just want to state my experience.

Suffice it to say that I am now €10 wiser (the shoes only cost €50) and I know where I will not be returning to buy shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

So you registered to comment on a 3 year old thread 🤣

Did you buy using PayPal at all no?

At least I got some sort of satisfaction by getting the shipping cost back that way.

If you DID then you should really do that refund claim .. there's nothing to it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tall chapy

Had a pair of dress type shoes ' new york model I think. Had an embarrassing moment when I attended my uncles funeral in these shoes and the literally crumbled beneath my feet. I had only worn them 4/5 times over the 2/3 years I had them.Photos attached.

The Track model are good, they do wear if you wear them regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Happened across this thread, and as I was thinking of buying a decent pair of walking shoes for the winter, decided to have a look.

Not the best looking shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Timberland still make great quality footwear. ECCO are nowhere near what they used to be like.

MandM direct always have great value it the styles suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

That's exactly what happened my Ecco's, and they were still in the box.

• Advertisement

I've no where else to share this nugget.. so I'll just drop it here. The mention of MandMDirect put me in mind of it...

If you have trouble finding your size in shoes.. like I am a 6.5 mens shoe size. And I have a wide foot too...

Most mens shoe shops start at 7.5 or 8

So I have to look online.. and MandM and SportsDirect or Elverys can be happy hunting grounds for me.

But lately I discovered that my local Safety Direct is brilliant.. they have a ridiculous range of shoe sizes.. and not just in safety shoes.

I got a pair of Grisoft hiking Boots in size 40 in there.. non safety.. just regular walkin boots and they are dead comfortable.

And they were for like 80euros...

I also bought pair of safety wellies (I do actually need those) in a size 5 (!!) cos they were very wide fitting..

There was a Canadian lad in at the same time lookin for size 13.5 and he got sorted no bother too.. so it works both ways.

[small feet, mens small shoe size]

Advertisement