Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg 32LM6300PLA signal fault

Options
  • 13-01-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all I purchased this LG 32 inch tv model 32LM6300PLA about 9 months ago. It has recently developed a fault and the built in free to air stopped working all channels showing no signal.

Tried resetting to initial settings and an update to no avail, also the LNB and cabling is fine as i have had to set up a satellite box through the hdmi and it finds signal perfectly fine. I have also brought the tv upstairs and tried it on the cable there also shows no signal and wont find any channels on a search.

A small banner comes up on occasion saying along the lines on cable to lnb short check connection to lnb but neither up or downstairs cable has an issue have tried upstairs tv downstairs also as it has an built in freeview tuner and it worked fine.

Is there anything i could have missed or will i just have to try returning it to Store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

It's a very long shot but just closely examine the cable input to the TV (it'll be the screw type F connector) and check there's no stray wire or metal between the centre connection and the outer metal.

Other than that it sounds like a fault with the tuner and needs to be repaired/returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Just tried that there but its still not finding anything, i have a FTA box there that says the signal strength from the dish is 98% so it has to be the T.V i sent an email to the retailer but i think i might just ring them today and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

FTA and satellite are different. FTA uses an aerial and not a dish .

But if you have a FTA box and it tunes in and say channel 39 then the tv should also find it. Make sure that on the TV you are searching for digital tv and not analogue. Region set on the tv should also be set to Ireland (or germany) if Ireland is not present, just not UK

phester28 wrote: »

But if you have a FTA box and it tunes in and say channel 39 then the tv should also find it Make sure the on the TV you are searching for digital tv and not analogue. Region set on the tv should also be set to Ireland (or germany) if Ireland is not present just not UK

Sorry its a satellite tuner box i just guessing they where called free to air!

The channels on the box are the same as the tv before the fault. The built in satellite channels are not working / tuning in on the t.v. The region is set to ireland, astra satellite.

The satellite box works on the same cable to dish i just took it from tv and screwed it into box scanned for channels and set it up same as tv the only difference is the tv finds nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

But if you have a FTA box and it tunes in and say channel 39 then the tv should also find it. Make sure that on the TV you are searching for digital tv and not analogue. Region set on the tv should also be set to Ireland (or germany) if Ireland is not present, just not UK

FTA is a satellite term.

DTT ("Saorview"/UK "Freeview" in NI/border areas/East coast) uses an aerial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

I take your point but I have seen FTA used interchangeably on many occasions.

FTV UK, Saoireview - dvbt terrestrial (aerial Ireland)

In the case of a samsung multi tuner TV. You may have to set the aerial type to satellite in the menu for the saved channels to work again, or may need to rescan when you plug it in.

What does it show when doing a scan. We may be able to tell if it is scanning satellite transponders or an aerial type. If the former then you would have confirmed a fault

I take your point but I have seen FTA used interchangeably on many occasions.

FTV UK, Saoireview - dvbt terrestrial (aerial Ireland)

In the case of a samsung multi tuner TV. You may have to set the aerial type to satellite in the menu for the saved channels to work again, or may need to rescan when you plug it in.

What does it show when doing a scan. We may be able to tell if it is scanning satellite transponders or an aerial type. If the former then you would have confirmed a fault

Yep its set to satellite, it has saorview aerial and also cable setting, its scanning for satellite channels but goes through the list and finds nothing, i haven't bothered trying to tune the saorview as rte is relatively unwatchable in my mind anyway.

I have had mostly LG brand tvs and i brought down the one from upstairs and it works with the satellite feed as soon as it's connected. As does the satellite box that im current using as a back up as its a shared tv on the living room so it can't really be not working a bit worried the replacement may take some time to get also.

So i know i have signal getting to the tv, ive reset the tv to factory twice and updated it and still feck all sadly on any search.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Something that may not be being reset in the factory reset is the LNB power - this has to be on

You can also check that there is 13v or 18v being provided out the satellite port - if there isn't, there's no LNB power and you won't get signal.

Advertisement