Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 machine default printer

Options
  • 14-01-2021 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm using a Windows 10 desktop and I occasionally need to edit pdf files, so I have installed Foxit Phantom (I've always used Foxit in preference to Adobe).

However, I notice that the default printer keeps changing from my main office laser printer to Foxit Phantom. This is a pain in the Áras when I need to print something fast and a Foxit Phantom window pops up with the relevant document.

I have disabled the option to let Windows manage my default printer in Settings>Devices>Printers & Scaners and I've also checked the registry to ensure that the appropriate value is 1 at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows the LegacyDefaultPrinterMode"

Anybody have any idea how to inhibit Foxit Phantom from changing the default printer setting? (I assume it's Phantom that's doing it if Windos can't manage the default printer status).

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Personally I despise the Windows 10 Settings app. I prefer to use Control Panel.

Go to Devices and Printers and see if your printer is set as the default. There should be a green dot with a checkmark in it.
    If not then right-click > set to default

Ken

Advertisement