Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Consultation on a Micro-generation Support Scheme (MSS) in Ireland

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

We don't all have access to your hard drive ;)

Im an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

MAULBROOK wrote: »
    Im an idiot.

No worries, gotten stung with that one before :)

If you're using Firefox then you need right click the link to the pdf and copy it there, not the address bar when you open it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

MAULBROOK wrote: »

I like how they kept pointing out that no supporting evidence was submitted for many of the suggestions

Fair enough but I don't remember there being a facility to upload any reports or papers to support anything we said :p

Also in the case of battery storage through something like V2G, there are any systems in mass deployment yet so there isn't a lot of evidence to be provided

I think the best summary I can give is "we heard your answers but ignored most of them that didn't agree with our views"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

They have literally said people said this but we don't agree with it and here is the reason why. So regardless what was suggested they are acknowledged that it doesn't matter and they believe different. Here is a small exert as an example
    "There was widespread opposition to the proposal that access to the scheme would be
    subject to a property meeting a minimum post-works BER requirement, though this is a
    necessary measure in line with the energy efficiency first principle. Similarly, many
    respondents suggested that the proposed caps on installation sizes and export volumes for
    which the CEP would be paid were overly restrictive, but such proposals are intended to
    encourage self-consumption and minimise the risk of over-remuneration."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My main takeaway from reading it is that they have been given a very clear signal that tieing an ever increasing BER to the scheme is not desired if they want to see widespread uptake.

<20% agreed with tieing the BER to the scheme.

If they end up ignoring that overwhelming input it’s just a whitewash.

The wording they used is ominous with the “no evidence provided” comment being repeatedly used. That wasn’t requested. They looked for input/opinion, not a dissertation.

I must have missed it but what July is the FIT coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭silver_sky

KCross wrote: »
    My main takeaway from reading it is that they have been given a very clear signal that tieing an ever increasing BER to the scheme is not desired if they want to see widespread uptake.

From reading through it, my thoughts are that they don't want to see widespread uptake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Exactly, they don't want the "headache" of variable consumer fed power into the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Treppen

slave1 wrote: »
    Exactly, they don't want the "headache" of variable consumer fed power into the grid

In a couple of years data centres in Ireland will account for a third of the electricity demand. I think they're going to have to do something about the carbon cost and fines.

Is it that "variable" from there the when would have thousands of homes feeding in and being in line with weather/sunshine changes. I think it'd become predictable enough.

But when would feed in tariffs happen?
    July of some year in the future apparently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭niallers1

Second half of the year...

Steps Necessary for Delivery Timeline Lead Status

Launch finalised policy and pricing support regime Q2 2021 DCCAE Due H2 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭dubbrin

Don't see any incentive here to take up a plan such as Energia's......... There's no way I could make these numbers work here. Add the battery only -> €6k. Would ye fup off. We're on our own lads n lasses

Energia’s Solar Energy Plan:

We have this product offering available in 3 different options:

1. Full Package - Smart Battery + Solar PV: €14,000 for 2kWp Solar and 4.8kWh Smart Moixa Battery (€2,400 grant available).

2. Smart Moixa Battery only: €6,000 for 2kWp 4.8kWh (€600 grant available).

3. Solar only: €8,000 for 2kWp (€1,800 grant available).

To avail of Grid you must have a Moixa battery installed by Energia. This is subject to survey and possibly planning permission.

Energia will pay you for excess electricity you return back to the grid at a rate of €0.074 (that’s 7.4c) per kWh which is paid out as a credit on your bill every January and July.

EAB (inc. VAT):

➜ Grid Dual Fuel €1,743.35 (Discounts: 36% elec/35% gas)

➜ Grid Electricity €1,016.57 (Discounts: 36% elec)

Discounted Unit Rates:

Grid Dual Fuel: :

➜ Electricity – 17.16 c/kWh

➜ Gas: 4.80 c/kWh:

Grid Electricity: :

➜ Electricity – 17.16 c/kWh

*If you have a Day/Night meter, above 3,000kWh day usage and 2,000kWh night usage every two months you will be charged 28.70 Ex VAT, 32.57 Inc VAT day rate per unit(kWh) and 13.98 Ex VAT, 15.87 Inc VAT night rate per unit (kWh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Thankfully that is their own plan and not the true fit. At those rates and having to buy their battery you are going to lose money and not gain it!

I really really hope some won't be fooled into that €14k deal, but inevitably some will

Well that Budget went well for FIT

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

What did they do or maybe better asking what did they not do?

First €200 earned is tax free, which suggests anything above €200 will be subject to tax at an individual’s marginal rate

I didn't think it was possible but they have managed to create a sun tax. Bravo lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Nice, so after €200, you get taxed the usual 50% so the 5c you will get becomes 2c, f*ck politicians

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Although at 5c, you'd be exporting 4000kwh.

And if your exporting more than that.. you'd more likely be a business, and then the electricity bill would be an expense. It would all cancel out.

Yeah, I doubt many are exporting more then 4000kWh back to the grid over the course of a year.

..and I bet you they will put the onus on tax collection on the electricity suppliers so those getting FIT will be paid net

Yeah for sure won't be exporting 4000kwh but 5c would be pretty pathetic, at least 50% of the average unit rate would be somewhat fair.

5c would be pretty much in line with my expectations

It'll be lower than the cheapest night rate for sure

• Advertisement

In line with rip-off Ireland guidelines of course 😔

Car makers seriously need get their act together and make V2H/V2G the norm.

They have managed to do the impossible by taxing sunshine. Outstanding job lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

LOL - don't forget though that this scheme isn't specifically solar related, so they also, in that same fowl swoop put a tax on the very air we breathe (wind turbines)

Legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭jkforde

..meanwhile the incumbents are gouging and sabotaging a fledgling market.... and of course our well paid regulators are totally on the ball.... 🤣😭😩

got the D\N meter in today so my parking my interest in it for 12mths!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

Advertisement