Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing a Brompton Bike (in Cork)

Options
  • 14-01-2021 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I don't see a lot of Brompton chatter here, but can anyone recommend a competent bike shop that has experience servicing brompton bikes?

For reference, my brompton bike was second hand when I got it, and is probably ~10-12 yo.
    I have done a lot of mileage on it, maybe 15-20,000 km total, and was not a light fella when I started doing this. Was a bit cavalier about servicing it. But got it serviced last year in waterford.

However the rear hinge is now gone on it, and its a process that is very brompton specific to service or replace (needs its own tool apparently that is quite expensive). Would like to get it done by professionals.

I am in Cork, and apparently Halfords are a service agent for bromptons. Would anyone recommend them, or another local bike shop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Might be a bit of a trek, but www.highnelly.ie in Co.Limerick would be highly recommended. Nobody with more Brompton experience in Ireland than them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

TooObvious wrote: »
    Might be a bit of a trek
    no, he said it's a brompton.

you have my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

TooObvious wrote: »
    Might be a bit of a trek, but www.highnelly.ie in Co.Limerick would be highly recommended. Nobody with more Brompton experience in Ireland than them.

i think my spares for my last service came from them. Will drop them a call.

Advertisement