Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental market in Dublin for tenants

Options
  • 14-01-2021 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hey Everyone. Not sure if this fits in an existing thread or not so I'll make a new one. I'm moving out of my parents place for the first time (am in my late 20s) in Dublin and will be looking for something on the southside on a good bus route/luas line into the city centre. I've been looking around on daft etc for the last couple of days but had a few questions about the current situation wrt leasing. I'm looking just for a room in a house with similar age people. I'm guessing the rental market is less competitive at the mo owing to the pandemic, but in general are people finding it easier to find a place? I've a budget of <700e/month, but wanted opinions about the general state of the rental market now and how it'll be affected long-term by changes w/ people working more from home/down the country etc. I don't have to move for maybe another month or two so don't want to start paying rent now for a place I won't be in til Mar at the earlierst. TIA for any replies! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

RebeccaK21 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone. Not sure if this fits in an existing thread or not so I'll make a new one. I'm moving out of my parents place for the first time (am in my late 20s) in Dublin and will be looking for something on the southside on a good bus route/luas line into the city centre. I've been looking around on daft etc for the last couple of days but had a few questions about the current situation wrt leasing. I'm looking just for a room in a house with similar age people. I'm guessing the rental market is less competitive at the mo owing to the pandemic, but in general are people finding it easier to find a place? I've a budget of <700e/month, but wanted opinions about the general state of the rental market now and how it'll be affected long-term by changes w/ people working more from home/down the country etc. I don't have to move for maybe another month or two so don't want to start paying rent now for a place I won't be in til Mar at the earlierst. TIA for any replies! :)

At the moment you would have no problem. Most places will want you to move in quickly if there is a vacant place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

At the moment you would have no problem. Most places will want you to move in quickly if there is a vacant place.

I think you're in a good position. Supply isn't as good as this poster thinks but when I advertised a room in my place 99% of the replies were from people from overseas. There was still a strong demand.

My previous housemate was from down the country so went home a lot of weekends so it's taken some time to get used to living with someone who has nowhere else to go and no network of friends.

Advertisement