Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play Gift Card

Options
  • 14-01-2021 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

There are plenty of old boards links about this but where would you buy a google play gift card with a euro balance ? Tesco uk do them but I presume when you buy in a game in euros there is currency conversion going on and your balance on the card remains in sterling.

Also I've seen An Post mentioned but there is nothing on their site. Can you just go into any post office, pay money and get a card ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There are plenty of old boards links about this but where would you buy a google play gift card with a euro balance ? Tesco uk do them but I presume when you buy in a game in euros there is currency conversion going on and your balance on the card remains in sterling.

Also I've seen An Post mentioned but there is nothing on their site. Can you just go into any post office, pay money and get a card ?

Physical Tesco’s sell them here also GameStop. The local CircleK sells them but not sure if others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Physical Tesco’s sell them here also GameStop. The local CircleK sells them but not sure if others do.

Thanks, nearest tesco is 30km away though. I see GameStop let you buy online:

https://www.gamestop.ie/giftcard/addtocart

Can their cards be redeemed where a google play gift card can be used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thanks, nearest tesco is 30km away though. I see GameStop let you buy online:

https://www.gamestop.ie/giftcard/addtocart

Can their cards be redeemed where a google play gift card can be used ?

They are gift cards for the GameStop store itself. They’ll only be redeemable in GameStop and not Google play store.

I’m sure there are places to buy these online but I don’t use Google Play I’m afraid.

Advertisement