Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario 3D World / Bowsers Fury

Options
  • 12-01-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

(Mod: Posts extracted from News and Releases thread)

I think it's all Bowser's Fury content. Looks fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Mr E wrote: »

Looks so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Mr E wrote: »

Is it me or does it look like it's all happening in one world, kind of like 3D World X BoTW? It won't be of the same size, of course, but it looks like you don't have to select a level to enter. I imagine you'll be able to complete this section however you may please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Wow. Looks brilliant.
    Nobody does this better than Nintendo.

Now, how much extra content is it for people who've played the WiiU version?
    I'd imagine it's not that much.
    Unless Nintendo are feeling very generous.
    Please be generous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dang it! I want planning on buying this, since already completed it on Wii U. Will see how long the add on is before deciding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I didn't play the original version so really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

I didn't play the original version so really looking forward to this.

It's top tier Nintendo. One of the very best.

It's top tier Nintendo. One of the very best.

The wii u is the only Nintendo console I skipped so I'm looking forward to this on release date. I would love that steel book case above too

Looking at how Mario Kart and New Mario U are still doing, it's safe to say 3D World Switch will sell well at full price for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A bit more info from the website...
    https://supermario3dworld.nintendo.com/bowsers-fury/

It’s a real cat-tastrophe!

In this free-roaming adventure, you’ll travel to various islands in Lake Lapcat to collect Cat Shines to reignite lighthouses and clear darkened terrain. Watch out for Bowser, though!

Clash of the giants

When Bowser is in full Fury, he can be pretty scary. Luckily, Mario can match his might with the Giga Bell, which lets him transform into the mighty Giga Cat Mario and go toe-to-toe with the monstrous Bowser in a titanic battle of biggies.

Can I get a little help here?

Bowser Jr. to the rescue! Grab a buddy to play as Bowser Jr., who can fly around fighting enemies and discovering secrets in 2-player mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

This makes me want to hook up the wii u but that will ruin the new game but I dunno is browsers fury add on worth buying it again.
    I do remember playing it on the wii U controller and thinkin this would be awesome if I could just bring this bit further away from the console.

Bowser's fury looks like a very different game. 3D World is fixed perspective and roaming. BF is not fixed and different multiplayer too it seems. Also the names are so different.

Not sure why they are in the same "pack" apart from getting Wii u owners to buy again. Maybe BF was an incomplete game that they decided to ship with 3D world.

Anyway. strange. I think 3D land upgraded from 3DS to Switch would have been a better expansion. Still will wait and see what we are actually getting. Still looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bowser’s Fury looks like misplaced Odyssey DLC - Ninty really pulling out the big guns to re-sell us another Wii U port.

I think they are squeezing what they can out of current Switch + Wii u. I'd say their top dev teams are now working on their flagship titles for the next switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

Longing wrote: »

Is that 100 euro after the Brexit tax dance ?

48.74 Inc delivery to Ireland. Tempting.
    Tax not included though

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

CastorTroy wrote: »
    48.74 Inc delivery to Ireland. Tempting

Will that be the full price with shopto or are we on the hook for VAT do you know? I'd go for this for €50 alright, great game for handheld I'd reckon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've ordered one of those from ShopTo.
    Assuming I don't get nobbled for tax it should be a €15 saving.
    Fingers and toes crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

I wasn't even sure if anywhere here would have the steel case, but Symth's say their preorders will get one so at least they'll be available here.

Tbh €50 is usually my limit for spending on a game, and even then I rarely spend more than €30. I miss out on playing AAA games day one but sure I've enough in the backlog to be getting on with.

Nintendo seem to be the only ones who can make me break this, the swines :rolleyes:

The South Korean steel book inside is nicer but the uk/ireland outside is nicer ... perhaps ...
    Anyway - who am I kidding - 60 quid in Smyths ... too much pour moi
    It's about 55 quid delivered from amazon france.
    Funny, the Wii U version is 5 euro more expensive in amazon france :)
    Will skip the steelbook and wait for a review of bowser's fury.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mucashinto wrote: »
    I wasn't even sure if anywhere here would have the steel case, but Symth's say their preorders will get one so at least they'll be available here.

Tbh €50 is usually my limit for spending on a game, and even then I rarely spend more than €30. I miss out on playing AAA games day one but sure I've enough in the backlog to be getting on with.

Nintendo seem to be the only ones who can make me break this, the swines :rolleyes:

I know, same here.
    I never spend new game money unless it's Nintendo first party new game money

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Any reason why the steel book version won't ship to Ireland from Amazon.co.uk?
    Have a voucher I wouldn't mind using in this.
    If not I'll just take my chances on shopto.

Some previews are up now. I think BF is more than people think. Sounds great, can't wait to play it.

Preordered with Smyths a while back, happy to be getting the nice steelbook. Realistically it's not going to drop in price in 2020 so may aswell get it day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Longing

Preordered with Smyths a while back, happy to be getting the nice steelbook. Realistically it's not going to drop in price in 2020 so may aswell get it day one.

It might drop in 2021..:p

It might drop in 2021..:p

Dammit, still doing it in work too.

• Advertisement

I have to say, I can't wait for this.
    I've had a fortnight of no Switch gaming really, due to work stuff.
    The release of this in another two weeks is going to be the perfect tonic, I think I will play some Captain Toad to get me in the right frame of mind until then!

Advertisement