Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No notification for web login

Options
  • 15-01-2021 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to log into the 365 online site this morning, and I see the new 2 factor is now active.  I have the latest app, it's registered and working.  I get to the point where it's sending the notification, but nothing appears.  The website says that in that case log into the app and tap "Added online security", but that doesn't exist.  

So now I can't use the web portal at all.  And yes, notifications are allowed from the app.

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi stronglikebull

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

So sorry to hear it's not reaching you. It should be coming through as a push notification for you on phone or App. 

If you can give a call this morning to our colleagues on 0818200362 they can certainly help you with this. 

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Hi stronglikebull, 

Just coming back on this again. 

For the push notification that is not reaching you, on the login screen of the App, you will see directly under the login details - Added Online Security option. Click this and it will retrieve the push notification for you. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Hi stronglikebull, 

For the push notification that is not reaching you, on the login screen of the App, you will see directly under the login details - Added Online Security option. Click this and it will retrieve the push notification for you. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison
    Thanks, that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

I also tried the new website today and the notifications weren't coming through on my 'secruity device' and I too have notifications enabled. After much searching I found the added online security link on the log in page of the app, and not within the app where I had been looking

Casher wrote: »
    I also tried the new website today and the notifications weren't coming through on my 'secruity device' and I too have notifications enabled. After much searching I found the added online security link on the log in page of the app, and not within the app where I had been looking
    Thanks Casher for joining the thread. Happy to hear you have successfully logged in to the new site. 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 JimmyDeMechanic

Hi stronglikebull, 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison
    BOI, this is not push notification behaviour. Requiring the customer to click a link to get the notification is not how push notifications work. I should get the notification sent to my phone without having to interact with my mobile app. Every mobile banking provider I have used in the US, Ireland and Australia can send push notifications without asking me to click a link on my mobile app.

Will BOI be updating this behaviour to send me a push notification without requiring me to click a link on my mobile app??

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi stronglikebull, 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison
    BOI, this is not push notification behaviour. Requiring the customer to click a link to get the notification is not how push notifications work. I should get the notification sent to my phone without having to interact with my mobile app. Every mobile banking provider I have used in the US, Ireland and Australia can send push notifications without asking me to click a link on my mobile app.

Will BOI be updating this behaviour to send me a push notification without requiring me to click a link on my mobile app??
    I think the link is suppose to be a backup.

I'm not having to click on any link yet so far, when logging in I get a notification on my phone.
    I open the notification and swipe the confirmation and I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi stronglikebull, 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

Hi JimmyDeMechanic,

Can we ask have you tried the above steps to see if this works? As mentioned by Champ, this would only be necessary if you did not receive the notification automatically. If you try again and get back to us if we have any difficulty we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

The push notifications are still not coming through on my phone.  I open the app and the notification is in the Added Online Security section.  Has the push notification issue been sent to the app development team and is it being looked at?  Would be good to know this is going to work  

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

The push notifications are still not coming through on my phone.  I open the app and the notification is in the Added Online Security section.  Has the push notification issue been sent to the app development team and is it being looked at?  Would be good to know this is going to work  

Thanks
    We're sorry to hear you're still not receiving this push notification. Rest assured this is being looked into by our support team and we will provide an update as soon as one becomes available. You can certainly continue to log in using the app, and website using the "added online security" method.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
Advertisement