Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pumping concrete through house

• 15-01-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Quick question there. Can anyone tell me if it's common for concrete to be pumped through a house for a back kitchen extension foundations / ground floor slab?

Town centre, mid terrace house, approximate distance from kerb to furthest point of proposed extension is approximately 18m. Distance from front door to back door approx 7m.

How long are the chutes on readymix lorries? When I think of concrete pumps (apart from the cost) I usually think of huge yokes going over houses or up onto bridge decks or multi-storey buildings. Would it be feasible for a domestic job like mine? I'm getting a bit old for labouring myself now. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Similar house to you. Pump cost ~600€ + concrete. Pump went over the house. All done in less than an hour. Had someone on the road directing traffic, and 3 good guys pushing/levelling mud.

My advice, just go over The house if you can..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭madmac187

pawdee wrote: »
    Hi folks. Quick question there. Can anyone tell me if it's common for concrete to be pumped through a house for a back kitchen extension foundations / ground floor slab?

Town centre, mid terrace house, approximate distance from kerb to furthest point of proposed extension is approximately 18m. Distance from front door to back door approx 7m.

How long are the chutes on readymix lorries? When I think of concrete pumps (apart from the cost) I usually think of huge yokes going over houses or up onto bridge decks or multi-storey buildings. Would it be feasible for a domestic job like mine? I'm getting a bit old for labouring myself now. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I’m an engineer qualified but concrete foreman as job, but yeah pumping through the house, that’s the norm, unless wheelbarrowing, you are looking for a line pump, or a concrete pump to run lines off the back of the pump. Concrete pumping limited are no.1 in Dublin. Give them 2 weeks notice at the minute. Prob bout 600yoyos but you won’t be broke up after. Pump over the house would be more expensive. If going through the house, just place ply under joints of pumps and ask the operator to turn the pulse down.

Advertisement