Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show-Friday 15th January 2021

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Well, as mod, I made two RT radio show threads due to the ongoing "politics" over it, but won't go much into that here, except that one way or another some folk are quite outraged that freedom of opinion is bring facilitated.

Has a boards.ie mod ever broke bad? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I have a big problem where RTE exploit people's emotions to get cheap plaudits, and Tubridy is the worst for this. The Toy Show is full of it. Suprising kids with their relations coming home unexpectedly / meeting a pop star / giving them a big prize etc then filming their reactions and broadcasting it. On youtube these are called "reaction" videos and are considered to a cheap and unoriginal way of getting clicks. But when Tubridy does it everybody goes "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, isn't that nice". It's also hugely irresponsible as you never know what sort of reaction the child could have with the shock. And if it's on live TV then it's gonna be on the internet forever.

They do the same with adults, like exploiting Barry McGuigan the other night. But the adults are old enough to decide for themselves if they wish to be fodder for an RTE show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Brace yourself tomorrow morning when Ryan reads out all the listeners e-mails.

“I was in tears on Friday night during Barry’s interview...”

:mad:

Brace yourself tomorrow morning when Ryan reads out all the listeners e-mails.

“I was in tears on Friday night during Barry’s interview...”

:mad:

"The reaction to our show on Friday night was quite unprecedented. All I can do to illustrate what I mean here is to read you out a few comments we received over the weekend....

...With all the depressing news around I was feeling quite sorry for myself Ryan; that was until you brought on the segment where Barry McGuigan showed us what sorrow is. Thank you Ryan, you have put my life in perspective...."

"The reaction to our show on Friday night was quite unprecedented. All I can do to illustrate what I mean here is to read you out a few comments we received over the weekend....

...With all the depressing news around I was feeling quite sorry for myself Ryan; that was until you brought on the segment where Barry McGuigan showed us what sorrow is. Thank you Ryan, you have put my life in perspective...."

Maybe that is what works for some people. For me when I watch a depressing story or somebodies sorrow it hardly makes me feel better about myself, but worse for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

walshb wrote: »
    This topic has been 24/7 since Tuesday...

It doesn’t need to be on again tI night.

But of course it is. It’s the Late Late!

Oh, so its annoying you since Tuesday?

What about the children who grew up abused and institutionalised and never knew where they belonged. ? What about their families?

For some it's taken a lifetime to be heard. Let's put years of abuse and wrongdoing to one side, since it's been 24/7 since Tuesday and as its now 3 days later and its Friday, it's time to get over it, so people can have some thing more entertaining to amuse them for the weekend, as they tuck into their spice bags and beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

This Friday night they are switching off a life support machine live in studio. Hopefully the patient will sign off before the end of the show.
    Brian Ormond is doing the honours

Advertisement