Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show-Friday 15th January 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Nice girl.

Nice woman. She's not 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

FFS more Death ? what is this show turning into ? RIP.RTE.IE ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

HBC08 wrote: »
    Brolly and Dunphy...
    Has a bigger pair of coonts ever been known to mankind?
    I'd like to hear Mcguigan talk about his boxing career ,im a few minutes behind but I'm guessing in not going to get that.

A lot backed them on the vote and comments over the controversy. They put it out there but weren't alone.

It was all news to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Brolly can’t set foot in castlebar the clown

The guy is a complete hypocrite - expects standards from the world around him . That he does not have to abide to.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Is installing that water slide around the apartment block not a fire hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

HBC08 wrote: »
    Brolly and Dunphy...

I think Dunphy is the worst kind of "run with the hare, hunt with the hound" type of journalists there ever was. One (of many examples) was how he criticized Jack Charlton's treatment of Liam Brady - and then somebody put up an article that Dunphy himself wrote dogging Brady on his Irish performances in the 1980s. Now of course he introduces Brady on his show as "one of the best footballers ever to come out of this country". He's actually worse than Tubridy, if that were ever possible.

I think if you listen to Mark Tighe's book on Delaney you get the most accurate impression of Dunphy. The audiobook is really good actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Not if it has water

Likely useful in a fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy has just issued a warning about misery in the next interview

How bad is this going to be

With him as the interviewer, fooking terrible!!!

You could tell Tubs McGuigan won his title beating Pablo Escobar and he'd believe you. Hasn't a Scooby on sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The guy is a complete hypocrite - expects standards from the world around him . That he does not have to abide to.

He’s a gombeen.

• Advertisement

As bad as if your stopcock were b0llixd

I think Dunphy is the worst kind of "run with the hare, hunt with the hound" type of journalists there ever was. One (of many examples) was how he criticized Jack Charlton's treatment of Liam Brady - and then somebody put up an article that Dunphy himself wrote dogging Brady on his Irish performances in the 1980s. Now of course he introduces Brady on his show as "one of the best footballers ever to come out of this country". He's actually worse than Tubridy, if that were ever possible.

I think if you listen to Mark Tighe's book on Delaney you get the most accurate impression of Dunphy. The audiobook is really good actually.

Dunphy is rank!!!

How funny. That's the one thing your're guaranteed to get on his show.

I can't stand Brolly, huge ego. Kisses the Dubs ars*s.

Dunphy doesn't bother me as much.

Arduach wrote: »
    You could tell Tubs McGuigan won his title beating Pablo Escobar and he'd believe you. Hasn't a Scooby on sport.

Or Mike Tyson :D

Get out the tissues and the Xanax, folks.

Is Katie Price coming on?

Like Tubridy I genuinely find Dunphy entertainment for the wrong reason’s

It’s brilliant entertainment

His football analysis was summed up with he guaranteed the nation that C.Ronaldo was a clown and would never amount to anything!

That and some other fella ran off with a young one.

Bizzare

This show is so depressing - the only way they can top it , is live from ICU next week.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Nice woman. She's not 16.

I call myself a girl and I'm just 60 I'll have ye know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Brolly can’t set foot in castlebar the clown

He can outside Ballina though where he has planning permission.
    Every time he has a go at Mayo lads online I cant understand why he's not called on the connection (not just planning permission)

• Advertisement

This show is so depressing - the only way they can top it , is live from ICU next week.

It will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Jaysus, are they going for the misery record tonight?!

Tubs even managed to make an interview with an up and coming superstar local actress into the grimmest thing ever. World's apart from her appearance on Graham Norton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Thank you very very much Mr. Toyman.

No, Claire Byrne has this covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Would end up as a Drugs shute lol

A friend of mine had a child recently in his late 30s.

His mother still isn’t 60

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

Barry’s sitting position is weird.

You Go Girl !

(Ryan's call the day after she died)

Ryan: "Hello is that Benny McGuigan".

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    No, Claire Byrne has this covered.

I'm not even sure if a joke - how mad the world is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Barney Eastwood his ex promoter died in March last year too.

obi604 wrote: »

He’s sitting on a stool or something I’d say.

(Ryan's call the day after she died)

Ryan: "Hello is that Benny McGuigan".

Howya, Benny. We’d love to have you on the show!!!!

obi604 wrote: »

I noticed that.

Looks like he needs advice from the etiquette thread on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ODriscoll

Assume it's well intentioned the ignorance!

But telling those effected by the abuse of mothers babies children in Ireland, to contact Barnardos!!
    which is an institution riddled with the abuse of children and Mothers.

BARNARDOS
    founded by a orange order bigot, a institution that has a history of systemic child abuse as bad if not worse history of the abuse of children.

This on wikipedia is only a basic intro into the systemic abuse of hundreds of thousands of children at Barnardos, another british founded institution (the Magdalene laundries were likewise not Irish in origin)
    Google to read the infanticide Foundling Hospitals in Ireland and the hundreds of thousands of children murdered by design to make proper protestants!

Some foundling hospitals reported death rates of up to 90%. Joseph Robins’s brilliant study of children thrown on charity from 1700 to 1900, The Lost Children, quotes this evidence from the Dublin Foundling Hospital in the 1700s: “Between burial days, the dead infants accumulated and the porter stated that he had buried as many as 13 at one time. So frequent were the burials that the field was completely bare of grass.”

None of this systemic state abuse of children in Ireland is new, it is more picking up the pieces carry on!

The point here is the selective finger pointing, when it's obvious to end abuse all must be known & exposed.

Highlighted by the continued ignorance / silence about the perverse history & perverse promoting of Barnardos

Barnardos have been up to abuse and cover ups to the similar time frame

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15326932.child-abuse-cover-up-claims-after-barnardos-admits-systematically-destroying-files/
    CHILDREN’S charity Barnardo’s systematically destroyed records at its residential care homes where child sex abuse occurred over three decades – but claimed to victims that files had been lost in a flood.

The organisation’s solicitor made the shock admission to the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry. Victims of abuse say they have been left “distressed” by the revelation that the charity had a policy of disposing of files when they shut care homes where abuse happened in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/court-told-how-barnardo-s-abuse-claims-emerged-1.979144

• Advertisement

The Saturday nights with dunne fighting well and mcguigan commenting on RTÉ were good times lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

At least Barry is not in the studio . Hes adhering to the covid guidelines unlike the other guests travelling the countryside to rte as they consider themselves as essential workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

Fcuk off Tubs you demented masochist.

It’s not difficult to imagine tubs has full leather get up with mask and all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Not if it has water

Likely useful in a fire

The odds of it splashing some plugged in electrical appliance is way too high for my liking.

Also your man doesn't mind having a house drenched in water, which is odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Barry is one of those people I can’t warm to. Don’t know what it is?

• Advertisement

The Saturday nights with dunne fighting well and mcguigan commenting on RTÉ were good times lads.

yeah very good point. We don't have any AJ vs Klitschko nights here, but they were about as close as it got.

Actually remember her in can't cope - she was a great little actress.

Jimmy Magee as well.

We did seem to have a high proportion of boxers to a country of our size

In fact nearly all sports

We have less people than London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks to be live.

Oh God :(

“I don’t want you to be in this much pain”

Lads this is disgusting stuff

How low can Tubs stoop

This is a bit odd - so many people die of cancer. They don't need to go on tv.

Ryan stop. Let him speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I just couldn't see Ryan in the suit Graham Norton is wearing on tonight's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Wtf, this is mental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement