Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SpeakerPhone

Options
  • 15-01-2021 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Redesigning my home work set up. I use Bluetooth neck ear phones for phone; and plug in Apple earphones for teams. I use both quite a lot.

Wouldn’t mind something cleaner - and good quality - for both so was thinking of a speakerphone.

Or maybe stick with better quality neck ear phones?

Appreciate any comments or recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Problem with speakerphones is there will usually be a slight delay and so echo likely to go back to other users on the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

Problem with speakerphones is there will usually be a slight delay and so echo likely to go back to other users on the call.

Good point. Thanks.

Would neck speakers have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most modern, properly designed speakerphones have noise cancellation that is able to handle this.

L1011 wrote: »
    Most modern, properly designed speakerphones have noise cancellation that is able to handle this.

Open to suggestions.

While I like the earphones - they can be a pain if I’m on the phone for a long time. But I like the clarity of hearing and to be able to move around. Maybe neck speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Polycom are probably the market leaders for standalone phones; that does not mean they're the best.

Jabra would probably be the market leaders for Bluetooth combined kit, that again does not mean they're the best.

I've used both without issue.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Polycom are probably the market leaders for standalone phones; that does not mean they're the best.

Jabra would probably be the market leaders for Bluetooth combined kit, that again does not mean they're the best.

I've used both without issue.

Thanks for that. Will have a look at those.

What about echo without Alexa, or HomePod from Apple. Are there good quality Bluetooth speakers with a microphone? I like how they look rather than the polygon stuff. But don’t need all the other necessary accoutrements.

Advertisement