Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I actually mentioned the Chilwell one but I haven't seen it, I'd just been told about it. I'll try dig out the other ones later. I think march got an assist that was in no way an assist and a similar happened later and it wasn't given or something like that. Around Christmas. I remember whinging on here about it anyway as I almost lost a h2h against someone with march over it.

Now with my new understanding of intended targets and that maybe I'd see it differently.

Yeah, people keep talking about how it wasn’t reaching Cavani without the keeper as if that matters. The rule is the rule. If people think that is applied inconsistently, and provide examples then cool, I am certainly not a spokesperson for the FPL rules committee, but so far the examples people have put forward have been nothing the same.

It’s a free game lads.

There’s no need for consistency or transparency.

It’s a free game lads.

There’s no need for consistency or transparency.

If I hadn’t read the thread that this was said to you in, I would 100% have thought you were being genuine and started arguing with you haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pogba goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Pogba goal

Can bruno have the assist too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cavani almost from a Bruno assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This Fulham keeper is annoying the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, people keep talking about how it wasn’t reaching Cavani without the keeper as if that matters. The rule is the rule. If people think that is applied inconsistently, and provide examples then cool, I am certainly not a spokesperson for the FPL rules committee, but so far the examples people have put forward have been nothing the same.

In fairness I remember now and the Solly march one is against West ham. Soucek pretty much does what areola does and and dunk knocks it in. March got the assist, so it was consistently applied in that situation. It's possible my interpretation of the rule is better after tonight but I think tonight's is worse as areola knocks the ball a fair bit out to cavani I thought.

So maybe it is a bit more psychological and a poor understanding of FPL assist rules up to tonight on my part.

Surprised Rashford hasn't had a run out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Any assist for second goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Good documentary on Netflix about Cavani

In fairness I remember now and the Solly march one is against West ham. Soucek pretty much does what areola does and and dunk knocks it in. March got the assist, so it was consistently applied in that situation. It's possible my interpretation of the rule is better after tonight but I think tonight's is worse as areola knocks the ball a fair bit out to cavani I thought.

So maybe it is a bit more psychological and a poor understanding of FPL assist rules up to tonight on my part.

Can be a minefield at the best of times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

893bet wrote: »
    Any assist for second goal?

None.

Rashford and McTominay on

Martial and Greenwood off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bailly should have scored an og. Was millimetres away

Bruno off, Matric on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bruno subbed for Matic

FT 2-1

• Advertisement

On 54 with Salah, TAA, Wood, Grealish and Watkins to go. I've honestly had more points most single gameweeks so far. Trying not to panic.

On 54 with Salah, TAA, Wood, Grealish and Watkins to go. I've honestly had more points most single gameweeks so far. Trying not to panic.

How many doubles did you have? That is a really rough week.

How many doubles did you have? That is a really rough week.

In my defence I only had 8 but I still expected better. Naivety on my part as I've never kept this much interest in FPL... Didn't really plan for it, thought I could get away with it. Was at 218k coming in , gone down past 400k or something now.

Prefer the single gameweeks myself!! :D

And of course if any of those players add a couple of scores things then are a little brighter o guess.

99 (-8) Despite knowing this is a good return, feel bit annoyed

Rashford only getting 5 mins tonight
    Werner not starting either game
    KdB (c) going off on 59 mins and not really doing anything

Still have Lowton to come so hopefully hit the 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

In my defence I only had 8 but I still expected better. Naivety on my part as I've never kept this much interest in FPL... Didn't really plan for it, thought I could get away with it. Was at 218k coming in , gone down past 400k or something now.

And of course if any of those players add a couple of scores things then are a little brighter o guess.

Not a disaster, only halfway through the season

400k is still a fine spot to be in if you push on now. Chips left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

139(-4) with current bonus.

Kdb captain fail well compensated for by differential Gundogan points.

Sorry Jim.... :o

I’m getting dizzy from these heights, not usually this high this early in the season.

59k (after autosubs come in) with Salah (c) Grealish and Martinez to go. I’ll probably finish the week top 50k from there right? I feel like the main bench boost staples have played now, and Liverpool cleanie and Wilson are all I’m really up against now.

FHFC wrote: »

Unreal

Love how you didn't let on that you had 2 to play, so that Jim didn't feel any worse.:pac:

400k is still a fine spot to be in if you push on now. Chips left?

Triple captain and bench boost. Yeah I'm more disappointed by the fact I'd gone up slowly in the last 7/8 from 500k to that position and may have wiped it one week haha!

Going to just make my transfers this week and try to keep enjoying it but my head gets more and more fried every week! Next year I would target the DGW more.

• Advertisement

Love how you didn't let on that you had 2 to play, so that Jim didn't feel any worse.:pac:

No Liverpool among those 2 though. Highly captained and triple captained Salah can bring me down a peg or two.

Mother of jesus.

Well done.

No Liverpool among those 2 though. Highly captained and triple captained Salah can bring me down a peg or two.

1-0 Wood goal the way your week going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm up to 350k from 550k but will drop back a bit with just Salah and Martinez left. 8 green arrows in a row so on a good run.

It's actually 520k I've gone to! :O Chris wood hattrick against the pool and ill be right then :)

And yet my head to head FSA Championship match with el Tel is far from over.

A big show from Watkins can kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Up to 124 (-12) so officially 100 mark broke.

TC Salah, Robbo and Watkins to go.

Halved my OR to 360k this GW.

Got away to be honest by not any having United players tonight again, I would have snapped your hand off for Bruno only getting 5 points there if you told me.

It's actually 520k I've gone to! :O Chris wood hattrick against the pool and ill be right then :)

I have Wood too. Rooting for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I'm on 64 with captain salah and robbo to go, so there is a chance you'll pass me out at least

1-0 Wood goal the way your week going

Chris Wood goal you say

• Advertisement

Sawduck wrote: »
    I'm on 64 with captain salah and robbo to go, so there is a chance you'll pass me out at least

There's someone out there! Never know what could happen next. Liverpool covid cancellation is about the only other thing that could go wrong at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

92 (-4)

Martinez, Grealish and Salah to go.

Small green arrows to 92k.

Can't help but feel disappointed with what could've been :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

73 (-8) with Lowton, Salah and Grealish to go

It's actually impressively terrible considering I had 11 doubles!

Had been genuinely really pleased with my season until this week. Evidently worried by what to do this GW however by the sheer volume of posts I made in the run up!

Was at 97k beginning the week... I guess inside 300k by close of play on Saturday would be a win? Or have the massive scores here conflated my sense of doom?

If KdB is crocked then I'll be delighted to use the WC and worry about the rest of the season when I've got a more solid team... again I'll wait til everything is done first, probably!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

119 with 7 left to play. KDB and Rashford disappointing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

96 with Salah and Grealish left.

Still have Wildcard and Bench Boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

97 (-8) with captain Salah, Martinez and two point Wilson to play :) Up 150k to around the 600k mark now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's someone out there! Never know what could happen next. Liverpool covid cancellation is about the only other thing that could go wrong at this stage

I've 66 if that helps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

84 (-4) with Salah (c) and Grealish to go. ML rival up to 130ish. Some seriously fancy scores out there, well done to any of ye over the ton and beyond. Going into the GW, I was hoping for damage limitations and I’m currently on a small green arrow, so I’m putting it down as a decent one so far anyway. HEWT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

122(-4) with salah , wood, Martinez and Watkins to go. Maybe Watkins can finally get me a goal to cap off a great week to reward me for the non stop misery he has brought me the last 10 gws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

And yet my head to head FSA Championship match with el Tel is far from over.

A big show from Watkins can kill me.

I'm crossing my fingers for Robertson tomo.
    A win will still have me rock bottom of the championship at half way stage.
    126 (-4) moves me up to 662k atm

Advertisement