Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

67(-4) with 3 to go. Seem to have all the points I gained with FH last week. Good score from Salah needed. Down from 101k to 200k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ElTel wrote: »
    I'm crossing my fingers for Robertson tomo.
    A win will still have me rock bottom of the championship at half way stage.
    126 (-4) moves me up to 662k atm

Fook. Didn't even notice Robbo. Him and Watkins Vs Wood plus 11 isn't great odds....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    Fook. Didn't even notice Robbo. Him and Watkins Vs Wood plus 11 isn't great odds....

Wood + 13?
    I've had Watkins as long as Busts so need Robbo to get it all probably. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

93 with Robbo, Grealish and Watkins left to play .... fingers crossed Robbo can bring me over the 100 and anything after that ... pure wishful thinking (would love Watkins and Grealish to go mental against Newcastle)....not happy ...just delighted !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

125 (-16)
    Two back to back good weeks at last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

85 on bench boost with clean sheets from Targett and Stones and Fernandes assist and Martinez save points this evening. Kicking myself I took out Anguiassa for Oriol Romeu when preparing for the double game week and loosing out on 8points. Still potentially 5 to go to hopefully get over the 100 mark which was the target for the double game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

60 (0) with Grealish, Robertson & Salah (c) to go.
    I've had better double weeks :mad:
    Dropped from 14K to 31K, but hopefully worst of the damage has been done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You should defo claw some of it back there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

104 (-4) on BB. 16 points from BB

Still all to play for Salah (c), Robbo & TAA and Watkins go.

Really need Salah to come up trumps. My Captain the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would imagine there's quite a few of us hoping you hit the ton this week as it'll mean some nice points coming still to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Bruno got the assist,then Cancelo should have. The lack of consistency is a nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=97&v=cH-IXgOZFSc&feature=youtu.be

siblers wrote: »
    If Bruno got the assist,then Cancelo should have. The lack of consistency is a nonsense

Yeah I would agree with that. Should be an assist as per the rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Looks to me more like the cross from Cancelo was deliberately kicked out away from goal before the goal was scored whereas the goal by Cavani this evening was more him poaching on the fumble but that could be just because I have Fernandes in my team and not Cancelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

74 after the auto sub comes in to play.
    Could have been worse but i might finish this GW below the average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Wow, this DGW highest score so far, 192 BB (-12)

OR prior to this GW was 2,287,178.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/3479928/event/19

Only Alisson to play, may break 200 if he can pull off a few saves and get into BPS also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shmeee wrote: »

Only Alisson to play, may break 200 if he can pull off a few saves and get into BPS also.

He nearly has triple my score. ****ing hell.

He took a -12 the week after using his WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

An 'ordinary' player who struck it lucky, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

JPA wrote: »

Very ordinary judging by his rank history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

JPA wrote: »

Nice to know I'm considered "ordinary" ... I'm not that guy but in and around similar ranking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

128 on wildcard with salah and lowton to go, HEWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Nice to know I'm considered "ordinary" ... I'm not that guy but in and around similar ranking.

Most of us are, most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

He also caught a lucky break with Meslier. He had him in on his wildcard for Leeds' double that never happened. He obviously planned on keeping Son in for this week I am guessing. Hence the -12. Would say it wasn't planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Not a great week.

71 with Salah TC, Robertson, Grealish and Martinez to play.

If only Villa kept a CS yesterday... but I suppose 1 thing is that I am very grateful KDB only got 8 points. I remember madness thoughts proposed of selling Bruno for KDB. That was madness then and would be madness still! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

117 brings me back into some private leagues. If Salah does nothing tonight then Cresswell was a brilliant captain choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

111 (-4) with 2 to play. Used my bench boost. My aim was to hit 130, I’ll take 120 now. I know I can’t complain too much but it feels like a wasted opportunity not owning certain big hitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

102 with Martinez, Robertson and Salah (C) left. Would be a nice time for a Liverpool clean sheet and a return to form for Salah, since the plan of switching him for KDB looks a bit borked.

Reading the scores in here have left me in a state of anger and despair

Reading the scores in here have left me a state of anger and despair

If you have Salah or Grealish or Robertson left to play dont despair too much.

Prime reason for high scores here are Stones, Dias, Gundogan. Thankfully they've played already, it can only get better for us non man city owners :pac:

PS rumour has it matip been training a lot now. If he starts in defence and Hendo and or Fabinho gets into midfield, then we could see old liverpool back

• Advertisement

If you have Salah or Grealish or Robertson left to play dont despair too much.

Prime reason for high scores here are Stones, Dias, Gundogan. Thankfully they've played already, it can only get better for us non man city owners :pac:

PS rumour has it matip been training a lot now. If he starts in defence and Hendo and or Fabinho gets into midfield, then we could see old liverpool back

I've Salah, Robertson, Grealish, Martizen and Wilson

Don't have Salah captained so I want him to blank :rolleyes:

The Villa Newcastle game will probably finish 1 nil to Newcastle with no Wilson involvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Would a Watkins and Wilson brace each be too much to ask? Gameweek a bit of a flop for me no Stones, no Antonio and TC KDB...

Assume he would get 9 at worst he only got 8

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Would a Watkins and Wilson brace each be too much to ask? Gameweek a bit of a flop for me no Stones, no Antonio and TC KDB...

Assume he would get 9 at worst he only got 8

I was hoping Bruce would be sacked by now. I think it's the only thing that could bring Wilson to life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I was hoping Bruce would be sacked by now. I think it's the only thing that could bring Wilson to life

Can't see Ashley paying him to go and then paying someone else to come in. He'll be happy just to keep Newcastle in the league.

I think Bruce has lost the dressing room, like weeks ago. That perf vs Arsenal was woeful, he'd bring on a 16 or 17 year old instead of likes of Hayden, Ritchie etc.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Can't see Ashley paying him to go and then paying someone else to come in. He'll be happy just to keep Newcastle in the league.

I don't think they will stay in the league with Bruce

• Advertisement

Ashley has had 10 managers in his time at Newcastle. I imagine he will find the money somewhere. Especially now, Newcastle not worth half of what he thinks it's worth in the Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I need a shed load of goals from salah this evening. I'm screwed arent I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »

In the same boat...I have him Triple captained...was convinced Liverpool would lay down a marker against United.

Am similarly convinced that Liverpool will lay down a marker tonight against Burnley tonight.

If they can't do it against Burnley then I suspect they may have lost their markers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

114 after last night.

Which I'm quite happy with, but can't help but lament the points I was counting in my head When Martinez had a CS, save points and 3 bps!
    Have gained points on every team so far in my main ML which is the best thing really, when half of the players used a chip or WC.

Need Salah to blank to continue this, which is not idea as a Liverpool fan! :D Hopefully some Thiago & Nat Philips goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This is probably the 3rd week in a row I’ve gone to the end of the GW & there has been an opportunity for me to make a massive impact on rivals & ML’s with Liverpool. I’ve lost H2H’s only needing 7 points aswell.

I have Trent, Robbo & Salah (c)

I’m not going say they owe but...... bloody hell come on Liverpool we need a massive one tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I don't think they will stay in the league with Bruce
    claw wrote: »
    Ashley has had 10 managers in his time at Newcastle. I imagine he will find the money somewhere. Especially now, Newcastle not worth half of what he thinks it's worth in the Championship

They've had a sh!t run of games though tbf - 4 of the last 5 were against "big 6 teams". It's probably going to be in their own hands as well when you see their last two games are Sheffield United and Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rikand wrote: »

Come on Mo and do what you done when I TC-ed you in 2018 against Cardiff.

1 goal and 2 assists!
    103 after it all. Salah TC giving me 45. Happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

They've had a sh!t run of games though tbf - 4 of the last 5 were against "big 6 teams". It's probably going to be in their own hands as well when you see their last two games are Sheffield United and Fulham.

I think it has been the 'performances' as opposed to the results that would cause concern. Both the teams you have mentioned have been far more impressive in the last few weeks. From an FPL persepctive you couldnt in all honesty have a Newcastle player anywhere near your squad, if they got Maximin back and Bruce out then they become interesting again.

I think there is this perception with Newcastle that they are better than they are. They have been ran into the ground by Ashley. Rafa did a great job with what he had to work with. I hope they turn it around as I have Wilson and they have other players who would be great options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm at 93 with Martinez, Grealish and Captain Salah still to go. Not world beating, but after last week's horror show I can live with it, it keeps my head comfortably above water with the office league, so it'll do. Glad I didn't TC, but that chip honestly just seems to exist to frustrate.

I wonder what the actual average in this week for the bench boost is. Obviously you get an incorrectly weighted view of it because the larger amounts of people you’ll hear talk about it will be people who did really well or spectacularly badly.

Wonder how many there are in between with the teen scores. That would be an extremely interesting stat if available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CSF wrote: »
    I wonder what the actual average in this week for the bench boost is. Obviously you get an incorrectly weighted view of it because the larger amounts of people you’ll hear talk about it will be people who did really well or spectacularly badly.

Wonder how many there are in between with the teen scores. That would be an extremely interesting stat if available.

It is extremely difficult to quantify becasue a lot of players on a BB dont bother to select an 11 for that week so the 4 players on the bench might not have been the actual 4 subs if they werent playing that chip. I have Allison and Antonio on my bench for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I need Matt Lowton to do a madness tonight, that's not too much to ask for right?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

CSF wrote:

The averages all available on fpl live .
    Right now the average for bench boost is 87. Wildcard average 85 and triple captain 74 .

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    The averages all available on fpl live .
    Right now the average for bench boost is 87. Wildcard average 85 and triple captain 74 .

That isn’t really the average for the bench boost though, it’s the average for the total scores who played the bench boost.

Those whose first 11 had great weeks and had terrible bench scores didn’t play a good bench boost in spite of their 100+ score

• Advertisement
Advertisement