Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I think there was a very similar assist given at the weekend in one of the games, the city game maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Bruno's intention that the ball is for Cavani, Martial or any united player to score?

It's such an inconsistent rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Hahahaha ah stop, he's about 2 yards behind the cross, he's never getting there. Happy with the points but chilwell should have had his against Fulham as well then. It's more about consistency than anything else.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure what game where you watching - the ball wasn't going to reach Cavani if the keeper didn't touch it.

I have Bruno so happy - but there is no consistency if that's an assist.

Sorry, ye are both right - dunno how my brain processed it so weirdly the first time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

keane2097 wrote: »
    Sorry, ye are both right - dunno how my brain processed it so weirdly the first time :o

Lol fair play. Was trying to figure out how you reached that conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No idea how that is an assist. The inconsistentcy is laughable.

I wouldn't be surprised if that had been say AWB crossing it instead, no assist would be given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have just seen the Mount goal. I’m not one for attacking lads on here, but you’re being completely disingenuous here if you believe these are the same with reference to the rules.

Do I think that the rule that allows Bruno’s be an assist is a bit silly? Yes. But Bruno is crossing to Cavani (unsuccessfully and poorly it should be noted), whereas Cresswell is never crossing to Mount in a month of Sundays. Which means that as per the rule, Bruno’s is an assist and Chilwell’s isn’t.

I mean they say it wasn't significantly altered in direction either, I mean if areola didn't touch it it literally was no where near cavani. I'm not disputing he was the intended target but there is no consistency in their decisions . There was another city one and a Solly march one there a few weeks back that different decisions were made in and it makes you think.

Would like to see those and try make a call. Let me know the games and I’ll try find a video. Have just seen the Chilwell people are referring to, and they aren’t being genuine with that. There is no way they can’t see the difference, with reference to the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I have him, like the rest of us, but that assist for Bruno is farcical.

Cavani isn't getting it without the push out by the keeper. End of.

May as well have given Chilwell's against Fulham.

Chilwell's definitely wasn't an assist. Clear as day the ball wasn't reaching Cavani too.

CSF wrote: »
    Would like to see those and try make a call. Let me know the games and I’ll try find a video. Have just seen the Chilwell people are referring to, and they aren’t being genuine with that. There is no way they can’t see the difference, with reference to the rules.

I actually mentioned the Chilwell one but I haven't seen it, I'd just been told about it. I'll try dig out the other ones later. I think march got an assist that was in no way an assist and a similar happened later and it wasn't given or something like that. Around Christmas. I remember whinging on here about it anyway as I almost lost a h2h against someone with march over it.

Now with my new understanding of intended targets and that maybe I'd see it differently.

• Advertisement

I actually mentioned the Chilwell one but I haven't seen it, I'd just been told about it. I'll try dig out the other ones later. I think march got an assist that was in no way an assist and a similar happened later and it wasn't given or something like that. Around Christmas. I remember whinging on here about it anyway as I almost lost a h2h against someone with march over it.

Now with my new understanding of intended targets and that maybe I'd see it differently.

Yeah, people keep talking about how it wasn’t reaching Cavani without the keeper as if that matters. The rule is the rule. If people think that is applied inconsistently, and provide examples then cool, I am certainly not a spokesperson for the FPL rules committee, but so far the examples people have put forward have been nothing the same.

It’s a free game lads.

There’s no need for consistency or transparency.

It’s a free game lads.

There’s no need for consistency or transparency.

If I hadn’t read the thread that this was said to you in, I would 100% have thought you were being genuine and started arguing with you haha

Pogba goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Pogba goal

Can bruno have the assist too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cavani almost from a Bruno assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This Fulham keeper is annoying the hell out of me.

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, people keep talking about how it wasn’t reaching Cavani without the keeper as if that matters. The rule is the rule. If people think that is applied inconsistently, and provide examples then cool, I am certainly not a spokesperson for the FPL rules committee, but so far the examples people have put forward have been nothing the same.

In fairness I remember now and the Solly march one is against West ham. Soucek pretty much does what areola does and and dunk knocks it in. March got the assist, so it was consistently applied in that situation. It's possible my interpretation of the rule is better after tonight but I think tonight's is worse as areola knocks the ball a fair bit out to cavani I thought.

So maybe it is a bit more psychological and a poor understanding of FPL assist rules up to tonight on my part.

Surprised Rashford hasn't had a run out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Any assist for second goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Good documentary on Netflix about Cavani

In fairness I remember now and the Solly march one is against West ham. Soucek pretty much does what areola does and and dunk knocks it in. March got the assist, so it was consistently applied in that situation. It's possible my interpretation of the rule is better after tonight but I think tonight's is worse as areola knocks the ball a fair bit out to cavani I thought.

So maybe it is a bit more psychological and a poor understanding of FPL assist rules up to tonight on my part.

Can be a minefield at the best of times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

893bet wrote: »
    Any assist for second goal?

None.

Rashford and McTominay on

Martial and Greenwood off

Bailly should have scored an og. Was millimetres away

Bruno off, Matric on

Bruno subbed for Matic

FT 2-1

• Advertisement

On 54 with Salah, TAA, Wood, Grealish and Watkins to go. I've honestly had more points most single gameweeks so far. Trying not to panic.

Advertisement