Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Would a Watkins and Wilson brace each be too much to ask? Gameweek a bit of a flop for me no Stones, no Antonio and TC KDB...

Assume he would get 9 at worst he only got 8

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Would a Watkins and Wilson brace each be too much to ask? Gameweek a bit of a flop for me no Stones, no Antonio and TC KDB...

Assume he would get 9 at worst he only got 8

I was hoping Bruce would be sacked by now. I think it's the only thing that could bring Wilson to life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    I was hoping Bruce would be sacked by now. I think it's the only thing that could bring Wilson to life

Can't see Ashley paying him to go and then paying someone else to come in. He'll be happy just to keep Newcastle in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I think Bruce has lost the dressing room, like weeks ago. That perf vs Arsenal was woeful, he'd bring on a 16 or 17 year old instead of likes of Hayden, Ritchie etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Can't see Ashley paying him to go and then paying someone else to come in. He'll be happy just to keep Newcastle in the league.

I don't think they will stay in the league with Bruce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Ashley has had 10 managers in his time at Newcastle. I imagine he will find the money somewhere. Especially now, Newcastle not worth half of what he thinks it's worth in the Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I need a shed load of goals from salah this evening. I'm screwed arent I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »

In the same boat...I have him Triple captained...was convinced Liverpool would lay down a marker against United.

Am similarly convinced that Liverpool will lay down a marker tonight against Burnley tonight.

If they can't do it against Burnley then I suspect they may have lost their markers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

114 after last night.

Which I'm quite happy with, but can't help but lament the points I was counting in my head When Martinez had a CS, save points and 3 bps!
    Have gained points on every team so far in my main ML which is the best thing really, when half of the players used a chip or WC.

Need Salah to blank to continue this, which is not idea as a Liverpool fan! :D Hopefully some Thiago & Nat Philips goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This is probably the 3rd week in a row I’ve gone to the end of the GW & there has been an opportunity for me to make a massive impact on rivals & ML’s with Liverpool. I’ve lost H2H’s only needing 7 points aswell.

I have Trent, Robbo & Salah (c)

I’m not going say they owe but...... bloody hell come on Liverpool we need a massive one tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I don't think they will stay in the league with Bruce
    claw wrote: »
    Ashley has had 10 managers in his time at Newcastle. I imagine he will find the money somewhere. Especially now, Newcastle not worth half of what he thinks it's worth in the Championship

They've had a sh!t run of games though tbf - 4 of the last 5 were against "big 6 teams". It's probably going to be in their own hands as well when you see their last two games are Sheffield United and Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Rikand wrote: »

Come on Mo and do what you done when I TC-ed you in 2018 against Cardiff.

1 goal and 2 assists!
    shmeee wrote: »
    103 after it all. Salah TC giving me 45. Happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

They've had a sh!t run of games though tbf - 4 of the last 5 were against "big 6 teams". It's probably going to be in their own hands as well when you see their last two games are Sheffield United and Fulham.

I think it has been the 'performances' as opposed to the results that would cause concern. Both the teams you have mentioned have been far more impressive in the last few weeks. From an FPL persepctive you couldnt in all honesty have a Newcastle player anywhere near your squad, if they got Maximin back and Bruce out then they become interesting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I think there is this perception with Newcastle that they are better than they are. They have been ran into the ground by Ashley. Rafa did a great job with what he had to work with. I hope they turn it around as I have Wilson and they have other players who would be great options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm at 93 with Martinez, Grealish and Captain Salah still to go. Not world beating, but after last week's horror show I can live with it, it keeps my head comfortably above water with the office league, so it'll do. Glad I didn't TC, but that chip honestly just seems to exist to frustrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I wonder what the actual average in this week for the bench boost is. Obviously you get an incorrectly weighted view of it because the larger amounts of people you’ll hear talk about it will be people who did really well or spectacularly badly.

Wonder how many there are in between with the teen scores. That would be an extremely interesting stat if available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CSF wrote: »
    I wonder what the actual average in this week for the bench boost is. Obviously you get an incorrectly weighted view of it because the larger amounts of people you’ll hear talk about it will be people who did really well or spectacularly badly.

Wonder how many there are in between with the teen scores. That would be an extremely interesting stat if available.

It is extremely difficult to quantify becasue a lot of players on a BB dont bother to select an 11 for that week so the 4 players on the bench might not have been the actual 4 subs if they werent playing that chip. I have Allison and Antonio on my bench for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I need Matt Lowton to do a madness tonight, that's not too much to ask for right?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

CSF wrote:

The averages all available on fpl live .
    Right now the average for bench boost is 87. Wildcard average 85 and triple captain 74 .

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    The averages all available on fpl live .
    Right now the average for bench boost is 87. Wildcard average 85 and triple captain 74 .

That isn’t really the average for the bench boost though, it’s the average for the total scores who played the bench boost.

Those whose first 11 had great weeks and had terrible bench scores didn’t play a good bench boost in spite of their 100+ score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

I'd say Mane is a good differential for me tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

CSF wrote:
    That isn’t really the average for the bench boost though, it’s the average for the total scores who played the bench boost.

That's a good point,only info available though .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I need Matt Lowton to do a madness tonight, that's not too much to ask for right?

Is he going to dress up as Suggs and sing "baggy trousers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

102 (-4)

Flipping KDB flopping as TC.

Up to 37k with Salah, Robbo, Grealish and Martinez to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

102 (-4)

Very very similar to me.

103 (-4). Also KDB TC. Up to 41k with Salah and Martinez to go.

Could have easily been a huge week for KDB but was not to be. At least a return in there,I wouldn't have 8 points as a disaster for TC but a light disappointment for sure.

102 (-4)

Heard people refer to KDB as a flop, wondering would the conversation be the same if he’d just blanked, gotten the 3 and the 10 point score.

Because if Salah got me a 7 point score tonight (granted I didn’t put the treble on him) and gave me a 10 point total I’d be quite happy with that return.

CSF wrote: »

Those whose first 11 had great weeks and had terrible bench scores didn’t play a good bench boost in spite of their 100+ score

Thinking the same, I see scores, 110 on BB. Clicked on their team and 6 points on the bench.

I'd measure a BB in a DGW as having 14 points as a starting point and aiming then to hit higher (3 x DGW & 1 x SGW player). Your bench boost should be played to get points which are normally on your bench, still pick your normal team and then your 4 subs. You are only fooling yourself otherwise and gives you a good measure of how successfully or not your actual BB chip was.

With the likes of City and Leicester players getting hauls, it hides some of the poor BB chips that were played with players still getting big scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My BB is 22 areola, Tierney, saka and still have wood to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

109 (-8) with just Salah to go.

Despite the obvious disappointment of TC KDB falling on its face in the second game I'm back top of my main league and currently up to 48k after falling from 12k to 120k the previous 4/5 gameweeks.

Will hope that Salah finds his shooting boots this evening then start planning for a likely WC/BB in 6/7 weeks time

• Advertisement

My BB is 22 areola, Tierney, saka and still have wood to go.

I'd call that a very good BB, nicely played and potential for surely 2 more points (if not more). 2 single GW players hauling 15 points and Areola getting 5 points and he had some mares in them games!

Advertisement