Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ensuite shower, sink and toilet renewal also tiling...

• 16-01-2021 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all would I be mad to have a go myself, DIY I can do fairly ok, worked at electric for years, no plumbing experience as such.

Our shower is absolutely peeing water down the walls and ceiling downstairs so it needs sorting asap....

What I plan is to give it a go myself as it's a very small room it doesn't have to be the most perfect either but obviously want the shower and tray area water tight....

House was built 98 so I'd say the plaster board will need doing too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,723 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Easy enough to do - I did the main bathroom some years ago without an ounce of knowledge beforehand but YouTube was handy

Have you identified where the leak is firstly tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

fritzelly wrote: »
    Easy enough to do - I did the main bathroom some years ago without an ounce of knowledge beforehand but YouTube was handy

Have you identified where the leak is firstly tho?

Yes it's the wall tiles, water has been getting in behind and as I looked today they were or are starting to come out away from the wall, I believe the 2 Rawl plug holes for previous shower unit didn't help.

I'd say I'm looking at complete new back boards too.

Advertisement