Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larrisa Nolan simplistic drivel attack on unions

Options
  • 16-01-2021 11:02am
    Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

We all want to see special needs kids priotised in the current lockdown. With health and safety kept in mind.
    They should have been back before now. That's the fault of the department who right up to the first week of January were saying they were not going to close schools.
    Then schools closed.
    Then we had announcements about letting LC and SEN pupils back. No contact with the people they'd be sending out during a pandemic.
    I'm talking students, teachers and SNA staff. It's like saying you'd love to invite someone to your wedding three days before.
    Larissa Nolan - the latest boot girl hired by the independent to have a go at teacher unions today wrote a piece in which she states that kids were used as a political football by the unions. She doesn't provide any evidence.
    She is writing all of this from the safety of her home.
    The department should have had a detailed plan in operation by January. To prioritise SEN children. They didn't. If they had they could have talked to the unions. She forgets its not just teaching unions but SNA unions too.
    We are not medical staff. Nobody will die because she stays at home. The same for education staff. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I couldn’t read past the paywall but what I saw was enough to confirm why I don’t bother reading the independent anymore. They are a large contributor to the teacher bashing culture in this country, are a direct cause I would argue of people not entering the profession and the level of journalism is basically copy/paste or blind hatred. There is no proper research done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Disgusting, and she comments that unions should not be using children with additional needs as pawns. IIRC it was Norma who did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

<snip>

FORSA have more members than INTO and ASTI combined. Don't underestimate them.

It's obvious the dept. and Norma are still trying to ram decisions through without proper discussion. Every teacher on here knows why these decisions are thrown out by the DES on Friday evening ( we're well used to them now).

Forsa says it ain't necessarily so...

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0115/1190122-special-schools-reopening/?fbclid=IwAR3RDrfOir8FAzfo0qVX2dNk0nlpT2Bt7w-Wq8FVal1iew0VUYtWL3eKySc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Anybody willing to die or offer the lives of their loved ones so we can point thar as evidence? Kids?

I think the numbers already dead point to the awfulness of this disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Was there a circular number for this? Coz this thread is going to be a magnet with the title.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

The important thing is Larrisa is safe at home. Thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bobtheman wrote: »
    We all want to see special needs kids priotised in the current lockdown. With health and safety kept in mind.
    They should have been back before now. That's the fault of the department who right up to the first week of January were saying they were not going to close schools.
    Then schools closed.
    Then we had announcements about letting LC and SEN pupils back. No contact with the people they'd be sending out during a pandemic.
    I'm talking students, teachers and SNA staff. It's like saying you'd love to invite someone to your wedding three days before.
    Larissa Nolan - the latest boot girl hired by the independent to have a go at teacher unions today wrote a piece in which she states that kids were used as a political football by the unions. She doesn't provide any evidence.
    She is writing all of this from the safety of her home.
    The department should have had a detailed plan in operation by January. To prioritise SEN children. They didn't. If they had they could have talked to the unions. She forgets its not just teaching unions but SNA unions too.
    We are not medical staff. Nobody will die because she stays at home. The same for education staff. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Stop reading the Independent and other anti-union outlets like Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Larissa Who?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ah...the bashers are back.

Thread closed.

Trolls and responses deleted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement