If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini hifi systems based on Denon DM41

Options
  • 16-01-2021 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    some quick questions on a mini hifi systems based on Denon DM41, which i am probably going to order from you guys!

1/with COVID19, are you still open for ordering and delivering? If so, I guess you are sill OK to deliver to Limerick?
    2/I have an Apple Ipod Classic, can this be connected to the Denon and if so, what cable, what would the sound be like and can it left connected all the time to the Denon?
    3/the hifi unit would be for the kitchen, so limited space, how big is the unit and what decent but small speakers would you suggest for it?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys
    some quick questions on a mini hifi systems based on Denon DM41, which i am probably going to order from you guys!

1/with COVID19, are you still open for ordering and delivering? If so, I guess you are sill OK to deliver to Limerick?
    2/I have an Apple Ipod Classic, can this be connected to the Denon and if so, what cable, what would the sound be like and can it left connected all the time to the Denon?
    3/the hifi unit would be for the kitchen, so limited space, how big is the unit and what decent but small speakers would you suggest for it?
    Hi BanjoBongo.

Thanks for the post.

The DM41 is a great mini system and is very popular.

Delivery is still going ahead with very little issues.
    We have increased our timeframe though to 5-7 days just in-case there are any delays due to COVID and now Brexit. We have been seeing our shipments arrive before the 5-7 days but we like to give some room for any issues that may arise in the shipping process.

The iPod Classic can be connected via its headphone jack and connected into one of the audio in's on the DM41 using the following cable
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-10537-cambridge-audio-aud100-3-5-1m-mp3-interconnect.aspx

Sound quality will be good but it depends on how the tracks you are playing from the iPod are compressed and their format.

The iPod can be left connected to the DM41, other than to charge it there is no need to disconnect it if you don't want or need to.

The [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Dimensions of the DM41 are Width = 210mm, Depth = 308mm, Height = 115mm[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]For speakers it depends what you mean by small and what space you have for them.[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]The link below has a few bundle deals for the DM41 and speakers.[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]https://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=dm41#pgnum=&sort=[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Have a check over some of them and see if you like the look of the speakers and the dimensions will be listed in the product spec section so you can check if each will fit the space that you have.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]There is a F300 and DM41 deal. (Only light Oak and Walnut finish in stock at present) these speakers would be classed as a small bookshelf speaker and sound fantastic for their size and price.[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13703-denon-dm41-black-fyne-audio-f300-blk-mini-system-inc-speakers.aspx[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Let me know your thoughts.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks for getting back to me.
    This looks good.
    Some quick questions before I order!
    Does the Denon unit have a remote control?
    Is the price of 339 euros all inclusive, ie just plug it in? Or do I need to order cables etc sepereately?
    How much for post/delivery (to Limerick, Ireland)?
    thanks!

This looks good.
    Is the price of 339 euros all inclusive, ie just plug it in? Or do I need to order cables etc sepereately?
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

They would not include speaker cable but we always give 2 meter free with every pair of speakers so if this would be long enough then you would not be required to purchase any other cables.

You would also need to purchase the 3.5mm - 2 phono cable for connecting the iPod as this would not be included. (Link in post above)

Delivery is also included with in the Euro price so nothing further to pay for shipping.

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

They would not include speaker cable but we always give 2 meter free with every pair of speakers so if this would be long enough then you would not be required to purchase any other cables.

You would also need to purchase the 3.5mm - 2 phono cable for connecting the iPod as this would not be included. (Link in post above)

Delivery is also included with in the Euro price so nothing further to pay for shipping.
    great! I presume the stereo has a remote control?
    The 2 metre free cable will be fine, and I will need the 3.5mm - 2 phono cable for connecting the iPod , so can you please advise of the total price of the Denon stereo, the 2 speakers, the free cable and the 3.5mm - 2 phono cable for connecting the iPod  and any other costs? I will then place the order!

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

The 2 metre free cable will be fine, and I will need the 3.5mm - 2 phono cable for connecting the iPod , so can you please advise of the total price of the Denon stereo, the 2 speakers, the free cable and the 3.5mm - 2 phono cable for connecting the iPod  and any other costs? I will then place the order!
    Hi BanjoBongon.

Sorry, yes the DM41 does indeed come with a remote control.

There would be no other costs involved.

Just select your package. Add in the 3.5mm - 2 Phono cable and that's it.

You can do this directly via our website but if you do have any issues please let me know.

• Advertisement

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

You can do this directly via our website but if you do have any issues please let me know.
    ok thanks. I would prefer to order via phone, is this possible?

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

Hi BanjoBongo.

If you drop me your contact number and name in a PM and let me know which package it is you are after we can give you a call to finalise the order.

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

Hi BanjoBongo.

If you drop me your contact number and name in a PM and let me know which package it is you are after we can give you a call to finalise the order.
    will do!

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

hi, I sent a PM yesterday about putting in an order which I can for wiht a card over the phone but I have not yet received any reply?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

hi, I sent a PM yesterday about putting in an order which I can for wiht a card over the phone but I have not yet received any reply?
    Hi banjobongo,

Kenny is actually off today He will be back in tomorrow or if you PM me with the details we can give you a call to process.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

Hi banjobongo,

Kenny is actually off today He will be back in tomorrow or if you PM me with the details we can give you a call to process.

Kind regards

David
    thanks, I sent you a PM, I want to go ahead and pay for it over the phone today?

This looks good.
    thanks!
    Hey BanjoBongo.

Hi BanjoBongon.

Hi banjobongo,

Kind regards

David
    thanks, I sent you a PM, I want to go ahead and pay for it over the phone today?
    No problem Banjobingo, I'll get back to you asap.

Kind regards

david

thanks!

no reply yet, if you just give me a contact number and a name I can call?

Hi banjobongo,

I haven't received a PM through yet? You can also reach us on 00443339000070.

Kind regards

David

thats strange, I sent it some time ago.
    I will call this number now.

thats strange, I sent it some time ago.
    I will call this number now.
    Thanks for your call!

The PM may have gone back to Kenny however I'm not in the office today so can't check his account!

I'll get that processed for you asap though.

Kind regards

David

hi 
    I ordered some stuff today from David, I forgot to ask 2 quick questions:

1/is the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AUD100 3.5 1M MP3 Interconnect product I ordered OK to connect to my Apple Ipod Classic device? 
    2/Im guessing the shop I was on the phone to is in Belfast, do I have to pay any import taxes etc after Brexit?

thanks!

Hey BanjoBongo.

Just a check to see if you got sorted yesterday?

I had been on my day off.

Hey BanjoBongo.

thanks Kenny, yes, I phoned up the shop and made my order. I do have 2 follow up questions, can you advise me:

1/is the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AUD100 3.5 1M MP3 Interconnect product I ordered OK to connect to my Apple Ipod Classic device? 
    2/Im guessing the shop I was on the phone to is in Belfast, do I have to pay any import taxes etc after Brexit?

thanks!

• Advertisement

Hey BanjoBongo.

thanks Kenny, yes, I phoned up the shop and made my order. I do have 2 follow up questions, can you advise me:

thanks!
    Hi BanjoBongo.

There are no further import taxes to pay.
    Yes it was us here at the Belfast store you would have spoken to as this is the only store for the whole of Ireland.

The 3.5mm - 2 Phono you have purchased is the correct cable for connecting your iPod.

Hey BanjoBongo.

thanks!
    Hi BanjoBongo.

There are no further import taxes to pay.
    Yes it was us here at the Belfast store you would have spoken to as this is the only store for the whole of Ireland.

The 3.5mm - 2 Phono you have purchased is the correct cable for connecting your iPod.
    excellent, thanks for that!

One final question, re delivery, do you know what delivery company will be used to deliver it to my house in Limerick, Ireland? Any way of tracking the order?
    thanks!

One final question, re delivery, do you know what delivery company will be used to deliver it to my house in Limerick, Ireland? Any way of tracking the order?
    thanks!
    Hi BanjoBongo.

We will use DPD for your delivery and they will text you will tracking details once the order is dispatched later this afternoon.

You can then use their website to track the delivery.

thanks!
    Hi BanjoBongo.

We will use DPD for your delivery and they will text you will tracking details once the order is dispatched later this afternoon.

You can then use their website to track the delivery.
    perfect, thanks so much!

hi
    I got the Denon and the speakers today, which is great, thanks!
    One question - the cable you gave me for the speakers, do I firstly need to cut in into two seperate and equal halves, then cut off some at outer layer at each end, then arrange the copper wires around the speakers at one end and try the same to connect to the stereo?

hi
    I got the Denon and the speakers today, which is great, thanks!
    One question - the cable you gave me for the speakers, do I firstly need to cut in into two seperate and equal halves, then cut off some at outer layer at each end, then arrange the copper wires around the speakers at one end and try the same to connect to the stereo?
    Hi BanjoBongo.

Great that you have received your order.

Yip you need to cut the cable in half (e just sent out a 2 meter length).

You then need to strip back the ends to reveal the copper strands.
    Do this for all 4 ends.
    Each wire will have a + and a - on them (It is very small but is on there).

The + goes to the Red on the speaker the other end + goes to the red of the amp.
    he same then goes for the - cable.

The binding posts on the amp and the speaker unscrew and the copped end goes into the little hole and then the posts are screwed back down again to secure the cable.

I hope this is of help.

Any issues please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.