Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Repairs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I just got a right joycon repaired last week. Took about 10 days from when UPS collected to when it was dropped back.

do you have to provide proof of purchase of switch when applying for free joycon repair or just the serial number etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

glasso wrote: »
    do you have to provide proof of purchase of switch when applying for free joycon repair or just the serial number etc?

Serial number and a ballpark date of purchase worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Well if you're gonna throw the broken joycon out, you may as well send it back for repair.
    My hassle was almost exclusively down to the repair spanning before/after Brexit.

I'd say you'd be fine to send yours away.
    I'd give them one more chance anyway.
    I'm saving the spare for 3-way Mario Kart with someone I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Well just make sure u don't play the Baby Mario track. The drifting might actually help the player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Got another Switch today. Is there any way to transfer over my existing Nintendo account when the original Switch is dead? Bit stupid that it's this difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

Interesting. I have some old sticks with drift here. Must test this method out.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Any of you guys sent back Joy Cons without proof of Purchase?

I don't have the original receipt. But I do have it showing in my orders on my Gamestop Account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you ordered online then the screenshot from GS should be enough for proof of purchase but normally they also email you a receipt so check your emails too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Sent my Joy Con to Nintendo. 30€ for the repair which wasnt too bad. But i would really expect them to last longer..

But the worst thing of all is, my young lad had the switch with him today outside a coffee shop with the mother in law. And rain got all over it on the table. (lovely outside dining in Ireland). He docket it when he got home and only told my wife what happened when she came home at 14:30. And of course it doesn't work now. So 300 down the drain.......

Gona try and put it in a box with Silica Gel for a few days and see if that does anything. But i know deep down its F~~k'd

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Hi, just wondering has anyone sent their console to Nintendo lately for repair? Did it take long?

Sons switch lite would not charge on Saturday evening. Did a hard reset, double checked the plug/socket, tried another Nintendo charger and no luck. Plugged it back in again hoping it might come to life after a few mins. About 20/30 mins later I noticed a strange smell, took another few mins to find out where it was coning from and it was the port in the switch. A plastic burning smell like sulphur. Plugged it out straight away.

Thank god I caught it on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dmac98

Not sure what their lead times are at the moment, but if it’s the usb that wouldn’t be the most difficult fix. Done it on plenty of phones, I’m sure it’s fairly well documented to follow online.

if lack the confidence on it, shouldn’t be expensive to bring to a repair shop where it can be done quite quickly. But would make sense not to do this if plenty of warranty left

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Thanks, yes it's still under warranty so I won't attempt anything myself.

Also, I would think there's more damage on the inside when I can smell plastic melting than just the USB port.

Finger's crossed it won't take too long otherwise the list to Santa will need a rethink!

Advertisement