Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was Alan Farrell not forced out of politics?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

pgj2015 wrote: »
    If everyone in his constituency ran a business, he wouldn't be kept long. it boils my blood because I know all about business insurance costs and how chancers like him make it so difficult for business owners to pay insurance costs.

Everyone is affected by high insurance costs.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    He should have been kicked out too.
    Ultimately you need to blame the people who continued to vote for him.
    He’s in my constituency and I am refusing to vote FG as a result of him being left on the ticket.

So what is he doing in the area that people are voting him in?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Bailey made a show of herself. I genuinely believe she thought her claim was legitimate. A good example of an inability to take responsibility for her own actions there which is quite commonly seen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bailey made a show of herself. I genuinely believe she thought her claim was legitimate. A good example of an inability to take responsibility for her own actions there which is quite commonly seen today.

No, the fact she used her maiden name, and revealed in her interview that "she was assured details wouldn't come out" (or words very similar to that affect) she knew dam well it was dodgy.

You cannot initiate a compensation claim, where you claim you "can't run at all, for 3 months or so" and accidentally forget you ran a 10k 3 weeks after the incident, and truthfully believe it to be legitimate.

Herself and Josepha were hoping for a quick turnaround payout from the Dean, but it all went tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Everyone is affected by high insurance costs.

True, but businesses more so. A dramatic rise in insurance can put them out of business. A guy I know had a recovery pick up business, he had a good few trucks, he had an accident in 2015, his insurance at the time was 17,000 euro, because of the accident in 2015, his renewal was 71,000 in 2016.

A taxi business owner in Limerick had 9 taxis and a few men working for him, he never had a claim but because of all the claims involving taxis in Ireland at the time. in 2015 his fleet insurance was 7,000, 16,000 in 2017 and 56,000 in 2018. he had to sell 8 of the taxis and just kept one for himself.

This is the result of people like Bailey and Farrell making claims like they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It was an extraordinary infantile interview Maria Bailey gave voluntarily on national radio when keeping her mouth shut would have saved her that was her undoing.

She just couldn't keep her mouth shut, it wasn't in her

And funny enough Maria Bailey would have probably won her personal injury claim if she kept going with it.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    And funny enough Maria Bailey would have probably won her personal injury claim if she kept going with it.

Really?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    True, but businesses more so. A dramatic rise in insurance can put them out of business. A guy I know had a recovery pick up business, he had a good few trucks, he had an accident in 2015, his insurance at the time was 17,000 euro, because of the accident in 2015, his renewal was 71,000 in 2016.

A taxi business owner in Limerick had 9 taxis and a few men working for him, he never had a claim but because of all the claims involving taxis in Ireland at the time. in 2015 his fleet insurance was 7,000, 16,000 in 2017 and 56,000 in 2018. he had to sell 8 of the taxis and just kept one for himself.

This is the result of people like Bailey and Farrell making claims like they did.

According to the most recent data that statement is incorrect. The insurance companies are saying prices are going up because of claims but according to research this is not correct and the insurance companies are just looking to make more profit.
    Yes claims might be a small part of the issue but in reality they are not the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Really?

Yes, when you look at her claim objectively (in my opinion, I'm not a judge).

Yes, she probably had a few bevvies on board and yes, she was apparently holding something in both hands but......

The hotel management were probably negligent in the fact that someone drunk or with drink taken (I'm not saying Bailey was drunk) falling off a swing is a very foreseeable incident.

The fact that the hotel put adhesive tape on the swing after the incident shows that the swing was probably slippy and more likely to add to the likelihood of someone falling off of it.

Yes, Bailey would be guilty of contributory negligence (part of it was her fault), but that wouldn't absolve the hotel from their responsibility.

The moral of the story.........Don't have swings in places where people might be drunk.

BattleCorp wrote: »

Of course she could have. If she wasn't a TD the claim would probably have been settled out of court. Which I think was Baileys plan all along that it would never make it to court.

• Advertisement
Advertisement