Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does anyone have a video of Trumps lawyer rambling opening ??? Twitter is going crazy but I can’t find a link...

Not a specific video but go the nbc YouTube channel and scroll back about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

looksee wrote: »
    Trumps defence talking him into a prosecution.

Honestly I have the exact same thought.
    Absolutely zero rebuttal and the defence's video montage of Dems wanting to impeach Trump from as early as '16 only serves to paint Trump as criminally incompetent and enabled for the 1st half of his term by GOP control of the houses.

The first trump lawyer would’ve been better off reading a copy of the Washington post. At least that would have been informative. This current guy is saying it’s all unfair. He also puts his hand on his head when taking a drink of water. Why I don’t know. It’s an easy win for the first part to the house managers.

There’s that weird hand thing. That’s a lie that it’s the democrats are at fault for the articles taking time. The guy in the glasses to this lawyers left wouldn’t bring back the senate. So take it up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The first trump lawyer would’ve been better off reading a copy of the Washington post. At least that would have been informative. This current guy is saying it’s all unfair. He also puts his hand on his head when taking a drink of water. Why I don’t know. It’s an easy win for the first part to the house managers.

He is a Jew and accustomed to wearing a yarmulke, which might tend to fall off as he tilts his head back to drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Not a specific video but go the nbc YouTube channel and scroll back about an hour.

Wow !!! The first guy is so bad it doesn’t seem real....

looksee wrote: »
    He is a Jew and accustomed to wearing a yarmulke, which might tend to fall off as he tilts his head back to drink.

So is the lead house manager and he didn’t do that movement when he drank water. Anyway this second guy is rambling.

I am simply offering a possible explanation, I am not saying it makes any sense or indicates that he is a person who has the self awareness to not make unnecessary gestures that make him look foolish.

What is this guy saying. I’m zoning out.

These guys make the stuttering lawyer in my cousin vinny look like Orson Welles playing Clarence Darrow. Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No Rudy?
    Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Trump's "only the best people" strikes again.

Well that was something. I’ve no idea really what it was but in terms of clarity of argument the house managers. You’d have to assume the senate will vote to carry on the trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,555 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well that was something. I’ve no idea really what it was but in terms of clarity of argument the house managers. You’d have to assume the senate will vote to carry on the trail.

That'll definitely happen because only a simply majority is needed.

They only need a simple majority at this stage, and they are nowhere near the two thirds they will need for the next stage. After that performance its obvious that the whole thing is not only a sham, the Republicans are not even pretending its anything other than a cult. The US is still heading into the abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,609 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Lol at Trump's attorney Schoen arguing that only a sitting president in office can be impeached AND as he left office before the trial started, he can't be tried because he's out of office. Likewise for his argument that only the Chief Justice could hear the case, and not the president of the senate, as Trump was president when impeached. My client want's a "get out of jail free" card. It seems a lot of the GOP senators agree with them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No Rudy?
    Lol.

Rudy has been pensioned off, seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Rudy has been pensioned off, seemingly.

Rudy isn't getting any pension from Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

As bad as the 2 Trump lawyers were.
    I think it may get even worse, one of the defence team sued Trump last year regarding his claims of voter fraud with "no evidence".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lawyer-suit-fraud/2021/02/09/50f0769e-6ae3-11eb-ba56-d7e2c8defa31_story.html
    Last year, Philadelphia lawyer Michael T. van der Veen filed a lawsuit against then-President Donald Trump accusing him of making “repeated claims” that mail voting is ripe with fraud “despite having no evidence in support of these claims.”

This week, van der Veen is adopting a different posture as part of the team of attorneys defending Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election result in his Senate impeachment trial.

How a longtime personal-injury lawyer found himself at the center of that trial, which opened Tuesday, may say more about his client than his own legal career. Trump struggled to find lawyers to take on his case, parting ways with several who were unwilling to claim that the 2020 election was stolen, as the president is said to have wanted them to do.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    As bad as the 2 Trump lawyers were.
    I think it may get even worse, one of the defence team sued Trump last year regarding his claims of voter fraud with "no evidence".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lawyer-suit-fraud/2021/02/09/50f0769e-6ae3-11eb-ba56-d7e2c8defa31_story.html

The ultimate definition and example of an ambulance chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's unbelievable that 44 Republican Senators still voted that the trial shouldn't proceed. Trumpism runs deep in the GOP.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's unbelievable that 44 Republican Senators still voted that the trial shouldn't proceed. Trumpism runs deep in the GOP.

That and the need to be reelected

• Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The GOP Senators were embarrassed by the defence, whether they will vote with their conscience is the question?

This will be like the OJ trial, everyone knows he's guilty but he will be acqwuitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,131 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just watched the Impeachment video, very powerful stuff

Its looking like there will be more of that video evidence, there is apparently a good deal of visual evidence that has not yet been seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Regardless of how compelling the impeachment managers' case will be (and it will be compelling), the Republican Senators are too far gone down the Trumpism rabbit hole and most of them will vote to acquit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

namloc1980 wrote: »

That 44 of them can sit and decide its unconstitutional is stark alright. Constitutional conservatives indeed.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Its poor judgment, they are hoping to keep the right side of the Trump supporters to get them into office again, but its more than likely that only the very hard core Trumpists will be left - a lot of them, yes, but not as many as the Republicans think there will be.

I did hear an opinion piece that suggested a good few of the people who were involved in the riot looking for justice etc had not in fact voted.

• Advertisement

It seems that Chris Wallace(I know hardly a stretch) on Fox News was impressed with the house managers case. Also, Alan Dershowitz was far from impressed with bruce castors performance. It’s why you’d miss trump being on Twitter because i doubt he’s at all impressed. He and the trump lawyers we saw today were poor.

Advertisement