Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,118 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s a load of waffle and a bit of lying.

Funny Trump is actually right in one part when ranting on Mitch

""He will never do what needs to be done, or what is right for our Country"

never a truer word from Trump

Mitch has so much blame laid at his feet for what Trump has done to the GOP and the country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Looking a lot like trump is going to cause a civil war in the Republican Party

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That Trump attack on McConnell reads like it was written by Jason Millar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Water John wrote: »
    That Trump attack on McConnell reads like it was written by Jason Millar.

You can be sure that it wasn't written by Donnie, that's for sure. Civil war in the GOP ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement

Hopefully they destroy each other

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully they destroy each other

And we get loads of free entertainment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mitch has so much blame laid at his feet for what Trump has done to the GOP and the country

Any links to this to this rant?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Poor Mitch.... Trump is not happy

It's beginning to look like L Graham is sticking with Trump with a probable eye for Mitch's Senate minority leader position (if he can rely on Trump to support him 100% along the road). Trump might be playing a long game here of playing Cruz off against Graham.

• Advertisement

It’s obvious he didn’t write it himself

I doubt trump knows what dour and sullen mean

Well he'd know, if he ever looks in the mirror.

Ironically it's true in both cases, trump land and reality, because when saying this trump only meant that he didn't do enough to overturn the election.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

aloyisious wrote: »
    It's beginning to look like L Graham is sticking with Trump with a probable eye for Mitch's Senate minority leader position (if he can rely on Trump to support him 100% along the road). Trump might be playing a long game here of playing Cruz off against Graham.
    Trump's long game is about 5s ahead if he's having a good day; he's simply happy to have a sycophant and will throw either or both under the bus when it gains him 1c in profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

aloyisious wrote: »

Lindsey Graham's devotion is the closest Trump will ever get to having a pet. It's pathetic to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Lindsey Graham's devotion is the closest Trump will ever get to having a pet. It's pathetic to see.

Seems a fallacy to say Trump was the only president in the white house to not have a pet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PropJoe10 wrote: »

"Craven" seems the only and best way to describe Graham, and Cruz as well. I have often wondered how Cruz's wife reconciles his devotion to Trump, having never come to her defence when Trump insulted her.

In fact, to completely appropriate the language of the alt-right ... they're cucks. They really are when you think about it. Spineless and without an ounce of self-respect, they have latched themselves to Trump out of pathetic self-preservation.

Lindsey Graham is _that_ guy in the bully's gang: the remora who himself has neither spine nor swagger, but has sycophantically positioned himself within the slipstream of the bully's wake. He has no power himself, never part of the actual fight as such, and still gets pushed around by the bully; but to the Lindsey Graham's it's better to be inside the tent píssing out, than outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It’s actually mad that Biden, Cruze, Ghrame are the best either party have.
    The field is open for someone young and charismatic, and a good to great head of hair .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

It’s actually mad that Biden, Cruze, Ghrame are the best either party have.
    The field is open for someone young and charismatic, and a good to great head of hair .

I don't think anyone thinks that Cruz and Graham are the best that the Republicans have. Like most Republican Senators they get elected from states where it's practically impossible for a Republican to lose a Senate campaign. The fact that Cruz nearly did 2 years ago just shows you how poor of a candidate he is. His stock has been plummeting for years. As for Graham - he's a pity of a man. I cannot do better than this description of him by Steve Schmidt:
    "The way to understand him is to look at what's consistent. And essentially what he is in American politics is what, in the aquatic world, would be a pilot fish: a smaller fish that hovers around a larger predator, like a shark, living off of its detritus. That's Lindsey. And when he swam around the McCain shark, broadly viewed as a virtuous and good shark, Lindsey took on the patina of virtue. But wherever the apex shark is, you find the Lindsey fish hovering about, and Trump is the newest shark in the sea. Lindsey has a real draw to power — but he's found it unattainable on his own merits."

I'd imagine if you got the National Approval/Disproval numbers of every GOP senator that Cruz, Graham and McConnell would be in the bottom 3 - and maybe Josh Hawley after the events of the 6th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

He'd have a fair idea when he looks in the mirror.

Edit: Water John got there before me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

A question for the U.S residents mostly but open to others as well: was it chance or choice that Joe Biden and CNN chose Wisconsin for their Q&A televised townhall meeting or did the fact that Senator Ron Johnson [R] is one of the hardline Trump supporters in the senate have a bearing on the location? Did Joe deliberately take [as it were] the fight for the minds and hearts of his spending policy, the economy and Covid-19 to Ron Johnson's backyard to turn needy GOP voters towards a fresh mind when it come to their voting?

Don't think anything like that if left to chance. Strategy team would plan these things.

I see Trump supporter Rush Limbaugh has died

I dont like speaking ill of the dead but I don't foresee alot of people mourning his death anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A despicable human being in life, presumably he will be missed by his family and those close to him. Leaves a massive gap as a raging conservative firebrand for trump to step into now in his retirement.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

His death gave Trump an opening to go on Fox News and whinge about 'the stolen election'. That's the footnote he means to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

America could solve a lot of its problems by having a version of the Press Council - or maybe they did and it got lost along the way? Anyway if they could curb the insidious promotion of rubbish news, vitriol, lies and spite they would get on a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Looking a lot like trump is going to cause a civil war in the Republican Party

Honestly, GOOD. If they fracture its because they built their house on sand made of idiocy, corruption, greed, lies and deceit. Would be Karma if the price of their betrayal of standards to utter self interest were to kneecap them politically for the next decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,547 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

looksee wrote: »
    America could solve a lot of its problems by having a version of the Press Council - or maybe they did and it got lost along the way? Anyway if they could curb the insidious promotion of rubbish news, vitriol, lies and spite they would get on a lot better.

They had the Fairness Doctrine which was abandoned during the Reagen Administration.

Link (Bold mine for emphasis)
    The fairness doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was honest, equitable, and balanced. The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987 and removed the rule that implemented the policy from the Federal Register in August 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They had the Fairness Doctrine which was abandoned during the Reagen Administration.

Link (Bold mine for emphasis)

Yes, I had a notion in the back of my mind that something of that had happened, but I could not figure how to search for it. Reagan really set it up for Trump's campaign of disinformation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

looksee wrote: »
    Yes, I had a notion in the back of my mind that something of that had happened, but I could not figure how to search for it. Reagan really set it up for Trump's campaign of disinformation.

Wasn't it dropped because it only applied to network news and not cable news?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement