Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭abff

froog wrote: »
    pence's goodbye tweets had a bunch of photos of his time in office, trump in none of them.

It would be very surprising if he had included Trump in any of them. Apart from how p*ssed off he must be with Trump right now, he would have been accused of continuing to kowtow to Trump if he had included him.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Just watched the ceremony remembering the Co Vid victims Biden gave a lovely simple speech what a pleasant change

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So all the predictions of Trump not leaving the White House appear to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,559 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Don't think anyone predicted it. It was discussed whether or not he would do it, which is a different thing.

The prediction that he would crawl away without a semblance of class or dignity was 100% accurate mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,819 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He’s not doing it very willingly. And he’s not even bothering to do the decent thing and do what every other president has done and be gracious. So yes he’s leaving he’s not doing it with any decency. At least Mike pence is going to the inauguration tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He’s not doing it very willingly. And he’s not even bothering to do the decent thing and do what every other president has done and be gracious. So yes he’s leaving he’s not doing it with any decency. At least Mike pence is going to the inauguration tomorrow.

I know it won`t happen but it would be some kick in the nuts for Trump if Melania went to the inauguration tomorrow and left him to go to Florida on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What other hot takes will you have for us this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

froog wrote: »
    pence's goodbye tweets had a bunch of photos of his time in office, trump in none of them.

Yes and no mention of him either. He knows that will really bother him ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

It's so strange. Kayleigh McEnany and even her sister who was a strategist for TeamTrump social media are still singing Trumps praises saying things like, "this is just getting started,".

Pressec, being Harvard educated in Law is obviously quite intelligent in her own merits. Even now, the more she goes along with this ****show she is torpedoing what could have been a very good career to appease someone who could wake up in the morning and decide she is a gonner on impulse.

I'm still grappling with how on the face of it intelligent people got so caught up with this orange charlatan and bought his snake oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,158 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's so strange. Kayleigh McEnany and even her sister who was a strategist for TeamTrump social media are still singing Trumps praises saying things like, "this is just getting started,".

Pressec, being Harvard educated in Law is obviously quite intelligent in her own merits. Even now, the more she goes along with this ****show she is torpedoing what could have been a very good career to appease someone who could wake up in the morning and decide she is a gonner on impulse.

I'm still grappling with how on the face of it intelligent people got so caught up with this orange charlatan and bought his snake oil.

You had very smart people follow Hitler. Just because one is smart doesn’t mean they’re not susceptible to craving power and believing the lies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

He's lost a lot of support within his party ever since he encouraged a group of his supporters to mount an insurrection against the US Government two weeks ago. He didn't help his cause with that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Headshot wrote: »
    You had very smart people follow Hitler. Just because one is smart doesn’t mean they’re not susceptible to craving power and believing the lies

Also, when the guy in charge is clearly a moron, the Machiavellian types think they can manipulate him and position themselves to be his puppeteer or replacement

Some manage to work him for a while, but hubris tends to bring them down as they are rarely as smart as they believe themselves to be, and when dealing with someone like Trump, who’s not only as dumb as a bag of rocks, but also extremely narcissistic and vindictive and has no loyalty to anyone but himself, it’s a very difficult balancing act to pander just enough to his ego to get him on board without destroying your own credibility by being seen as a lackey, without the ability to reap the fruit of the seeds you sow because Trump has probably fired you in a temper tantrum before you get to execute any medium term strategy

Not just her but anyone else who joined the bandwagon, their reasoning could be

Money, never a good bet that you might actually be paid however going by trumps record.

Ideology, you actually agree with what he says in relation to immigrants, POC, gay people etc. It's why he is so popular with some people on this site.

Notoriety and being able to try and cash in on that. The pillow guy is an example of that imo. Others on trumps bandwagon might be eyeing a political move in the future and having their name associated with him might be the way in via those that voted for trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭brevity

They don't care about Trump, they care about the fact that despite his incompetence 70m Americans still voted for him. They have an audience for their podcasts or books or some other bull**** they can hawk to people who should really know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Mitch seems to have displayed the hand he's going to play this year on other GOP senators with his mention that others share the blame with Trump for the violent criminals acts at the Capitol. I'm looking forward to see if Janet Yellen gets an even or fair ride during her nomination-hearing, assuming the senators also keep a weather eye on the market share graphs average to see how the stock markets view her stated policies and take it into consideration when a final vote is made on her nomination. If the market seems to improve after her statements, even Trump would have to give her a silent nod as his finances need a boost. Part of her approach to revitalizing the economy seems to include the incentive cheque idea liked by Trump.

The Trump hotel in Washington still carries a "for sale" sign and it may still be paying the Federal Govt U.S $250,000 monthly rent as per the lease deal he signed with it in 2013. The firm [JLL] which had been acting on behalf of the Trump hotel chain no longer represents the family after the Capitol disturbances.

brevity wrote: »
    They don't care about Trump, they care about the fact that despite his incompetence 70m Americans still voted for him. They have an audience for their podcasts or books or some other bull**** they can hawk to people who should really know better.

Agree with this but I think the events of 2 weeks ago shocked them that it got that far. Kayleigh (I think) only appeared once in an official capacity since then and looked like she was suffering from shell shock.

She has a number of snippets which will forever be used against her including the following.

We will not see diseases like the Coronavirus come here.
    We will not see terrorism come here.
    The virus is no threat to the Presidents re-election.

Those are quotes that will be hard for her to argue are being taken out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Speaking of the Covid-19 crisis, the US has reached the horrifying milestone of 400,000 deaths from the virus (Worldometer is reporting 411,000). Trump said no one could have done better. For once he was right, but not how he thought. If 'no one' had been president there would not have been someone undermining the scientists' messages at every turn and ridiculously and tragically turning masks into a political question. His total lack of empathy and competence to do *anything* helpful at all in this crisis was incredible. An enduring stain on an already grimy record.

Once a con man, always a con man.

https://twitter.com/eliehonig/status/1351744778522808320

Hope the MAGA fans realise just what happened here.

Party of Law and Order? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Once a con man, always a con man.

https://twitter.com/eliehonig/status/1351744778522808320

Hope the MAGA fans realise just what happened here.

Party of Law and Order? Lol

Bannon probably has too much on Trump for him not to receive a pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,158 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Expect Bannon to be pardoned

Quite sickening

There we go

I knew this was coming.....

Some slap to Trumps supporters but not all that surprising since Trump would sell his supporters down the river to benefit himself in anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

1p.m. Ireland Time #2xIMPOTUS departs the WH:

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1351740793988460549

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think I've found about the only reason to not impeach Trump; he wants to set up a new party that would help split the Republicans for at least an election or two...

I don’t think Trump supporters care, he could golden shower one of the maga red caps in middle of 5th avenue and they would still adore him by insisting he was only illustrating how to own them libs.

Aside has Putin forget to pay the “but whataboutism” brigade lately? They gone awful quiet here

They are in the ca thread about Biden's presidential term and expressing their usual opinions and concerns about his appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Igotadose wrote: »
    1p.m. Ireland Time #2xIMPOTUS departs the WH:

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1351740793988460549

Had a good chuckle at that thread. Acosta included some pictures of before Trump entered in 2017 and yesterday evening.

The orange one has even taken the picture frames from the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

They tore the copper wiring out of the walls too, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They tore the copper wiring out of the walls too, no doubt.

Spitting image actually did a skit of him nicking stuff before he left. He makes it very hard to be satirical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

salmocab wrote: »
    Spitting image actually did a skit of him nicking stuff before he left. He makes it very hard to be satirical.

The good silverware falling out of his pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The smiles of the office staff pressing the "delete" button on the "access all areas" swipe cards of Trump & Co in Govt offices all over the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Nody wrote: »
    I think I've found about the only reason to not impeach Trump; he wants to set up a new party that would help split the Republicans for at least an election or two...

Also I think the Dems learnt their lesson last time around. By taking the moral high ground and deciding not to vote because of the email scandal left the door ajar for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,819 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That jim Acosta picture may have a very simple explanation but given what we know about this administration it’s hard not to go to the unpleasant one. I know the stuff in the White House permanently like furniture and the like is catalogued so that’s harder to go missing. I hope trump takes the TV with him. I posted about the ceremony about the lights and how nice it was. I was watching MSNBC’s coverage of it and Brian Williams made a great suggestion. He said that maybe the lights become permanent as a memorial to the people who’ve died. Also, for half an hour the entire MSNBC presenters were visibly crying. I don’t know whether the fact the people who died from Covid-19 were finally acknowledged but it seemed like a release.

Advertisement