Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norma Foley Worst Minister ever?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,028 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If juniors count, Joe Jacob has to have had the least grasp of his brief of any, ever

Ross basically decided that the highest budget bit of his department (Transport) didn't deserve his time or attention for the entire term of the government. Basic, cheap, urgent things were delayed for years waiting approval

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

golfball37 wrote: »
    She’s not even close to being worst minister who has held one in the current cabinet, let alone of all time.

You are right -shes not even close to being the worst minister.

I'd hazard a guess the OP is a teacher and doesn't want to go back into school later this week...so is blowing off steam with this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Donnelly and Eamon Ryan probably the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

daheff wrote: »
    You are right -shes not even close to being the worst minister.

I'd hazard a guess the OP is a teacher and doesn't want to go back into school later this week...so is blowing off steam with this thread.

Actually I'm a plumber ...but you keep guessing away there...numpty.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

gifted wrote: »
    Actually I'm a plumber ...but you keep guessing away there...numpty.
    A gifted plumber?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Mearings wrote: »
    A gifted plumber?

Oh good god no....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Alan Shatter has to be up there for the Maurice McCabe saga.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dont-you-know-who-i-am-what-shatter-said-to-garda-29300483.html
    A GARDA report filed on the incident in which Alan Shatter was stopped at a drink-drive checkpoint has gone missing, the Irish Independent has learnt.

An informed source has revealed the garda who stopped Mr Shatter felt he was not fully co-operative.

She was also asked by the then Fine Gael frontbench spokesman: "Don't you know who I am?"

Informed sources familiar with the case say that the now Justice Minister:

* Said nothing about being asthmatic, preventing him completing the test.

* Intimated to the garda that it was unconstitutional to stop him as he was coming from the Dail and said: "Check your law book."

* Appeared not to make a sufficient effort to complete the breath test.

* Drove off without being waved on by the officer.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Alan Shatter has to be up there for the Maurice McCabe saga.

Shatter?? What did he do wrong? Do you know something the Supreme Court doesn't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭bmc58

gifted wrote: »
    Since she became minister she's had nothing but disaster after disaster. Latest one with FORSA on top of the back to school fiasco after Christmas.

Is she the worst minister ever?

Without question,and even as an ex teacher she is way out of her dept.But she probably voted for Leo sometime and got her reward.It's sad and sickening the way Irish Politics works.Can we ever change this system?And what does Helen Mac Entee have to qualify her as Minister for Justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Donnelly and Eamon Ryan probably the worst.

I disagree. Both are intelligent and innovative politicians. I don't share their politics however. You need to look beyond the lampooning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

bmc58 wrote: »
    Without question,and even as an ex teacher she is way out of her dept.But she probably voted for Leo sometime and got her reward.It's sad and sickening the way Irish Politics works.Can we ever change this system?And what does Helen Mac Entee have to qualify her as Minister for Justice?

Sssh, dont be rattling skeletons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Fann Linn wrote: »
    We should move on, but still it should never be forgotten that FF crashed the economy and the country.

Be realistic, the people didn't care enough not to vote for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭bmc58

Smee_Again wrote: »
    She’s in over her head anyway.

What politicking resulted in her being made a minister?

Voted for Leo sometime somewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Not sure what the point of this thread is. Locking and moving to CA.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement