Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭ISOP

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got the Az yesterday at 4 o clock. No side effects

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Ollie Cromwell

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    again, you dont know this for certain, there would be more vulnerable people in all age groups, just allow these systems to decide as much as possible, the more we interact with the vaccination systems, the more complex they become, and the more likely delays will occur, particular for those that may need it quicker than others

I do because the NHS actually said everyone who needed a jab for underlying health reasons had been offered one.
    That's when I went online.
    I like to think I'm doing my bit for Easyjet and all their staff who've been on furlough or laid off.
    And that poor Greek villa owner of course ... :)

ISOP wrote: »

It really is hit and miss.
    Both my healthy kids were laid up for a day with flu-like symptoms.
    The missus just celebrated with another gin !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Elessar

ISOP wrote: »

My mother got it yesterday and is bed bound today with fever, aches & pains, fatigue and dizziness. Like she got a really bad flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,208 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I do because the NHS actually said everyone who needed a jab for underlying health reasons had been offered one.
    That's when I went online.
    I like to think I'm doing my bit for Easyjet and all their staff who've been on furlough or laid off.
    And that poor Greek villa owner of course ... :)

unfortunately you may not be, rolling out vaccines is one of the biggest logistical headaches we ve ever faced, by interacting with such processes, in particular trying to manipulate outcomes for personal gain, will probably further complicate this. for the moment, furlough is keeping economies ticking over, not the most ideal situation, but its working relatively okay, companies such as easyjet may just be fine after this ordeal, even though they may need more supports such as bailouts

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    unfortunately you may not be, rolling out vaccines is one of the biggest logistical headaches we ve ever faced, by interacting with such processes, in particular trying to manipulate outcomes for personal gain, will probably further complicate this. for the moment, furlough is keeping economies ticking over, not the most ideal situation, but its working relatively okay, companies such as easyjet may just be fine after this ordeal, even though they may need more supports such as bailouts

Unfortunately the logistical headache in Ireland comes down to the fact there isn't a central digital healthcare database - an appalling state of affairs for a modern country in the 21st century.
    Ireland's failure to even start compiling one over the past year has been scandalous.
    The UK's logistical triumph is down to the wonderful NHS and the British Army.

Yes - J&J
    Lying so that perfectly healthy 20 somethings can skip the queue ahead of people 20-30 years older (and therefore at higher risk) is a scummy thing to do. Thankfully most people are prepared to wait their turn.

Surely some kind of evidence of being a carer would be requested anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Travelled to the UK at the end of February for my Pfizer jab.No side effects and expect to travel over again shortly for the 2nd shot.
    Guard at Dublin airport said " you lucky so and so.Still waiting for mine.I'd do exactly the same thing if I was you."
    Took the missus over a month ago for an AZ jab and got my grown-up kids at Uni there done at the same time by applying online and saying they were unpaid carers.
    All will get another shot by June.
    If the Irish government think I won't be going on my July holliers to the Greek villa we had to postpone from last year they're sadly mistaken.
    I always guessed a Covid passport would be the key to unlocking travel.
    " Reason for travelling to the UK sir ? "
    I apply online for an appointment at my old GPs in Blighty a week or so beforehand.
    " Essential medical appointment of a sensitive nature officer " will head off any further questioning.
    Appointment cancelled online in the departure lounge shortly thereafter.
    I got the idea from that dentist in Lanzarote ...

Are you saying you got your kids to lie in order to skip the queue? In a global pandemic you told your kids lying to get ahead is the right thing to do?
    It doesn't matter that in your opinion the more vulnerable have already been vaccinated. That's not true in all cases and is not for you to decide either.
    I've no issue with you getting your jab in turn but your kids should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭ISOP

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Elessar wrote: »
    My mother got it yesterday and is bed bound today with fever, aches & pains, fatigue and dizziness. Like she got a really bad flu.

My partner had it Saturday and she as in bed for 24 hours shivering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    28, got Pfizer on Saturday (group 4). No side effects. 72 year old aunt got same on the same day. Bruise came up and a sore arm but that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭crossman47

Unfortunately the logistical headache in Ireland comes down to the fact there isn't a central digital healthcare database - an appalling state of affairs for a modern country in the 21st century.
    Ireland's failure to even start compiling one over the past year has been scandalous.
    The UK's logistical triumph is down to the wonderful NHS and the British Army.

You're well named.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Ollie Cromwell, dont post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,471 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I had my first AZ dose yesterday at 1230 roughly.
    Grand all day but hit me in middle of the night, aches and pains shivers, headache etc. But after a lay in this morning seem ok again, not pleasant at all.
    Just something to be aware of if you are getting AZ you might want the next day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I felt fine for the first two days after having my first AZ dose last Wednesday, but have been a bit tired and feeling slightly ‘under the weather’ since then, but no flu like symptoms.

My wife had her vaccine on Monday and her arm has been quite sore since then, but no other side effects so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Yes - J&J
    gmisk wrote: »
    I had my first AZ dose yesterday at 1230 roughly.
    Grand all day but hit me in middle of the night, aches and pains shivers, headache etc. But after a lay in this morning seem ok again, not pleasant at all.
    Just something to be aware of if you are getting AZ you might want the next day off.

I’ve now had five family members, in the extended family, get AZ, ranging in age from 35 to 69. Not one of them even had the slightest side effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Any tips for before or after the jap to help ease any potential aftereffects?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Water

Paracetamol

Rest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Fluids , rest and paracetamol/ ibuprofen if needed and you're normally allowed them .
    A drink in moderation of course!
    I was not sick the first dise but felt very very tired a few days after .
    Best of luck Jim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,471 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes - Moderna first jab
    revelman wrote: »
    I’ve now had five family members, in the extended family, get AZ, ranging in age from 35 to 69. Not one of them even had the slightest side effect.
    That's great news I am only relaying my experience.
    My husband was similar to me both in our 30s.
    I 100 percent don't regret getting it.

revelman wrote: »

Yeah, big range alright .
    Some people have little or no effects but might have them with the 2nd dose..or not !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭secman

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yeah, big range alright .
    Some people have little or no effects but might have them with the 2nd dose..or not !

When you think about it there are huge ranges with the covid19 too so probably not surprising with the vaccine which mimics the covid19 by way of a protein ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes - J&J
    Well got my first Pfizer shot at 4 today, no woozy affects or headaches yet, so all good and my second dose is 28th May woo hoo!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well got my first Pfizer shot at 4 today, no woozy affects or headaches yet, so all good and my second dose is 28th May woo hoo!

Delighted to hear it ! Take it easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yes - J&J

Me too!! Though I'm feeling a little sleepy but nice sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    Pretzill wrote: »
    Me too!! Though I'm feeling a little sleepy but nice sleepy

Thats what happened to me mother, said she had the best sleep ever after the first round. Second round.... well... ahem :)

Yes - J&J
    NSAman wrote: »
    Thats what happened to me mother, said she had the best sleep ever after the first round. Second round.... well... ahem :)

Did have a snooze and now a tad nauseous - but I have heard second one can be harder - still it's worth it to be fully vaccinated by early June!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Yes - J&J
    Pretzill wrote: »
    Did have a snooze and now a tad nauseous - but I have heard second one can be harder - still it's worth it to be fully vaccinated by early June!

A few friends have suggested I book time off after my second dose (I went straight to work after my first) and I've done that, booked 3 days off. If it doesn't kick me about, it's a long weekend for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I had a pretty bad reaction to the first dose, a week later I still feel dreadful.

Yes - J&J
    I had a pretty bad reaction to the first dose, a week later I still feel dreadful.

Ah that's such hard luck - You should visit your GP get a check over if it doesn't clear. Did you have Pfizer? I read (somewhere online could be the HSE site) that an extreme reaction would mean you wouldn't get a second dose. It's always worth logging the after effects if they are bad too - a website address was included on the stuff I was given at the doctor's.

I feel much brighter this afternoon. So I'm hopeful that I got off lightly with the first dose.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes - J&J
    Just added a poll as suggested by a poster via PM

There is no "not had one yet" option as that allows posters to vote when they do have their first jab.

Advertisement