Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    Ok it’s almost a month ago since I got my vaccine. Now, it’s walk in to your local pharmacy and get the vaccine you want. (States here)

Yet they are actually advertising here to try and get people to take the vaccine.

It’s a strange world where Ireland is screaming for vaccines (and many other countries) and here people don’t want it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

There have been reports from the US of menstrual cycles being disrupted in some, weeks/months after the injection.

Please mention it in the thread, if or when you can confirm or deny this in your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Yes - J&J
    eleventh wrote: »
    There have been reports from the US of menstrual cycles being disrupted in some, weeks/months after the injection.

Please mention it in the thread, if or when you can confirm or deny this in your experience.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/23/covid-vaccines-periods-menstruation-changes-data-experts

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Minier81

I can absolutely deny this! Anti vax campaign is spreading this nonsense rumour to make young women vaccine hesitant, similar rumours about sperm count. Had my jab 1 in January and jab 2 on schedule of Pfizer. My menstrual cycle has been like clockwork since until last week when I had a positive pregnancy test - woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Minier81 wrote: »
    I can absolutely deny this! Anti vax campaign is spreading this nonsense rumour to make young women vaccine hesitant, similar rumours about sperm count. Had my jab 1 in January and jab 2 on schedule of Pfizer. Menstrual cycle has been like clockwork since until last week when I had a positive pregnancy test - woop!

The PB vaccine made you pregnant!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Don2017

Turtwig wrote: »
    The PB vaccine made you pregnant!:eek:

Yeah just like the movie Alien

" During a final crew meal before returning to stasis, he suddenly chokes and convulses. A small alien creature bursts from Kane's chest, killing him, and escapes into the ship, with Ash dissuading the rest from killing it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I know a couple in their early 60s who got the AZ yesterday and so far zero side effects at all

Yes - Moderna first jab
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did anyone have a mild dizziness on day 3 after Astra Zenaca ? Its not bad but I have a muzzy head and a slight feeling of swaying occacionally .

I had a funny head for about a week afterwards. It's difficult to describe but it just didn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Yes - J&J

Ohh I haven’t had a period in over 6 months !!! But that’s likely due to being 6 months pregnant (because you know, nature and stuff) and not some fake antivax story, I’ve had my vaccine, I’m pregnant and all is well with my baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭phormium

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I got AZ yesterday, was fine until late evening when I started shivering, all I could think of was I felt like those cans of paint they put into the machines to mix up the colour! Bad night's sleep obviously, ache everywhere today from exhausted muscles from shivering but grand other than that, hopefully that's the end of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    If you are put on the HSE list for vaccine by your neurologist how long approx is waiting list, one week, 3 weeks??? I'm due to go on the age portal in mid May and not sure if I should wait or register online in 12 days.
    Don't know who decides who is next in line for vaccine if not going by age, are the underlying condition people mixed in with the 50+s?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got the AZ at the beginning of March. I was sick for about 3 days after, flu like symptoms and had to stay in bed but was grand after that. Most of the office were fine after theirs, about a quarter had the same reaction I did.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yes - J&J
    I had Pfizer last Friday. Nothing to report aside from a very sore arm for about 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I got the AZ just over two weeks ago. No side effects for the first two days, but feeling fairly tired and lethargic for the next two weeks. Today was the first day I’ve felt back to 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Yes - J&J
    I live in the dublin city centre during the registration it requests your post code to match you to a local vac centre of which there are 3 in walking distance got the appointment for City West Sargart co Dublin, 10am sunday morning dont have a car how does one get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sam7777

Yes - Moderna first jab
    male 62,got my first astrazeneca jab wednesday in city west,no side effects as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    agoodpunt wrote: »
    I live in the dublin city centre during the registration it requests your post code to match you to a local vac centre of which there are 3 in walking distance got the appointment for City West Sargart co Dublin, 10am sunday morning dont have a car how does one get there?

The Luas redline goes to Saggart Just make sure you get one that says Saggart on it not Tallaght . It will take 45/55 minutes from city centre and a 10 or 15 minute walk to the MVC .

Yes - J&J
    The Luas redline goes to Saggart Just make sure you get one that says Saggart on it not Tallaght . It will take 45/55 minutes from city centre and a 10 or 15 minute walk to the MVC .

Thx just wanted to know why they picked the furthest away are the other centres limited to shorter openings for vacs.
    I can book a yuko car for a couple of hours.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Thx just wanted to know why they picked the furthest away are the other centres limited to shorter openings for vacs.
    I can book a yuko car for a couple of hours.

Trying ringing the helpline and ask if it can be changed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Necro wrote: »
    I had Pfizer last Friday. Nothing to report aside from a very sore arm for about 24hrs.

Did they specify which of Bill or Melinda got you as part of the settlement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    astrofool wrote: »

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

astrofool wrote: »

Why do you think they recommended two jabs?
    One for each. Planned well in advance by these crafty buggers.
    Who do you think sabotaged Janssen production? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭decor58

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Wesser wrote: »
    Has any one here had a Covid 19 vaccine yet?

In the spirit of threads such as .... have you had Covid.... and.... have you been tested for Covid....

I had the moderna vaccine today and I feel 100 % well.

I had AZ yesterday in Aviva, I live in Bray, 40 mins on Dart. In and out in 20 mins, no side effects for 7 hours, then got flu like symptoms for about 4 hours, fine now, no other symptoms thankfully.

Yes - J&J
    Trying ringing the helpline and ask if it can be changed

Did ring got it changed explained i am on a 14 or 5 day self qurrantine now the have given a 9am appointment tomorrow moved it a day earlier WTF in city west again.
    Its a forced not like an arranged appointment system not enough time to cancel now

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Did ring got it changed explained i am on a 14 or 5 day self qurrantine now the have given a 9am appointment tomorrow moved it a day earlier WTF in city west again.
    Its a forced not like an arranged appointment system not enough time to cancel now

That’s ridiculous . Honestly I haven’t heard anyone say thay got good help from that helpline

Yes - Moderna first jab

Am I missing something? I thought you were ringing to change location due to distance. Why look for a change based on self quarantining? Did you not just explain you couldn't get to that particular location?

Yes - J&J
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I thought you were ringing to change location due to distance. Why look for a change based on self quarantining? Did you not just explain you couldn't get to that particular location?

self quarrantine was my prime concern even thought i am 90% sure I have not been exposed, location is 2nd place but over all service been called a helpline is BS 100%

Yes - Moderna first jab
    self quarrantine was my prime concern even thought i am 90% i do not have or been exposed location is 2nd place but over all service been called a helpline is BS 100%

You never mentioned the quarantine . ? You need to cancel tomorrow because you absolutely cannot arrive to City West with any doubt
    Plus the fact that they will ask if you had Covid in the last four weeks
    You wont be vaccinated if there is any doubt

Yes - Moderna first jab
    self quarrantine was my prime concern even thought i am 90% sure I have not been exposed, location is 2nd place but over all service been called a helpline is BS 100%

If self isolating for that reason you shouldn't be going anywhere near any vaccination centre. Did you tell them the reason for this self isolation?

Edit: Was it not you who said less than a month ago that you had left the country?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Yes - J&J
    Male 44 got my first Pfizer. Was surprised when I got the text from my GP. Apparently I'm high risk. Don't feel that I deserve it, in my present good health. But I jumped at it knowing it was Pfizer. Girlfriend got it as well.

Good atmosphere in GP. Had balloons and banners up.

Very smooth and easy to book. In and out in 20 minutes. (you have to wait 15)

Side effects: Felt a bit tired. Actually had a great deep sleep that night. Slightly Sore arm. Needle itself, I actually barely felt it. Much less pain than taking blood.

Advertisement