Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Yes - J&J
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    If self isolating for that reason you shouldn't be going anywhere near any vaccination centre. Did you tell them the reason for this self isolation?

Edit: Was it not you who said less than a month ago that you had left the country?????

I had cancelled yesterday for that reason and they just rescheduled it for a day earlier
    the help line alway busy and seemingly disorganised but its the HSE, got to cancel again an hour before

It was always my plan to take a test monday 5th day to exit isolation then vaccine

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Im 60 and GP had initially told me he was prioritising me because of extensive medical history including a heart attack, however heard nothing. Put my name on the portal almost a fortnight ago, yet to hear anything. I believe the waiting list in South Dublin suburbs is enormous, possibly the least efficient in the country. People with serious medical conditions still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Parents, 63, got theirs in the same Sligo slot today. Appt. at 12.05, my dad texted me at 12.02 to say they'd had the shot and were waiting the fifteen mins. My mum said she was longer in the queue at the shop afterwards. Both fluey now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭beachhead

decor58 wrote: »
    I had AZ yesterday in Aviva, I live in Bray, 40 mins on Dart. In and out in 20 mins, no side effects for 7 hours, then got flu like symptoms for about 4 hours, fine now, no other symptoms thankfully.

Why didn't you get the Greystones clinic as it's closer to Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    It seems to be a bit random all over the country. 68 year old aunt got hers yesterday in a bigger town 20 miles from here; my 60 year old mother is getting it on Tuesday in a town 40 miles away. They live less than a mile away from each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'm 61 and got mine [AZ] yesterday in a big town in the south. I only registered bank holiday Monday night, got the text Wed morn for the appointment yesterday, Sat. While I'd normally be critical of the overall pandemic response in Ireland I really was blown away by the marvellous efficiency I saw in this vaccination centre. Literally from entrance to exit it was run with military precision.

Apart from a slightly sore arm no major after effects and it's 24 hours later now. So all good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Panrich

Yes - J&J
    For all those that have had the vaccination do they ask you questions about medications etc. and/or take your blood pressure prior to giving you the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Panrich wrote: »
    For all those that have had the vaccination do they ask you questions about medications etc. and/or take your blood pressure prior to giving you the vaccine?

They ask about allergies , if you had covid in last four week, if you had another vaccine of any sort in last three weeks .No B/P done and no other history asked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'm 61 and got mine [AZ] yesterday in a big town in the south. I only registered bank holiday Monday night, got the text Wed morn for the appointment yesterday, Sat. While I'd normally be critical of the overall pandemic response in Ireland I really was blown away by the marvellous efficiency I saw in this vaccination centre. Literally from entrance to exit it was run with military precision.

Apart from a slightly sore arm no major after effects and it's 24 hours later now. So all good. :)

It's very hit and miss around the country. I'm 62 and registered two weeks ago but no word yet. A friend 5 miles away, but in a different county, has his tomorrow and he's 58.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 foggiestyle

My parents got astrazenca first shot few weeks back they were sound, dad said he was a bit tired nothing serious, sister had the astrazenca too before it got banned for her age group she was very sick a lot of nurses she works with out sick too and had taken days off because of it, she had pain behind eyes, headaches,,fever,chills, vomiting , my mother in law had the same reaction as her to it too. father in law complained of sore joints and back after it but prone to arthritis so could of been that playing up too. Cousins in new york got biontech all good and aunts and uncles astrazenca all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yes - J&J
    Male 32, got my first Pfizer jab on Friday, surprised to get the call from the GP on Wednesday. My wife had called them to make an appoinment for a blood test and thought they were calling about that. Arm was a bit sore on Friday afternoon, wasnt comfortable to sleep on my side, and was a good bit more uncomfortable on Saturday. Sore to move it around. But today its feeling fine.

The practise was full of people getting vaccinated, and most people in good spirits. Quite a few younger people in getting vaccinated, a few mothers in their late 30s early 40s that i'd know from the school and one or two people who were probably in their early 20s too which was surprising.

Its a small practise and the nurse was telling people that on thursday they vaccinated over 130 people and were aiming for the same on Friday, not bad for a small village practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    Burgo wrote:
    The practise was full of people getting vaccinated, and most people in good spirits. Quite a few younger people in getting vaccinated, a few mothers in their late 30s early 40s that i'd know from the school and one or two people who were probably in their early 20s too which was surprising.

Yeah, you never know what illnesses or trauma people might be living with!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I had the AZ and just a sore arm but I’m pissed off at the long wait for the second one

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Paulownia wrote: »
    I had the AZ and just a sore arm but I’m pissed off at the long wait for the second one

Yes, me too.:( Lots of younger people will probably be fully vaccinated before us and how is that fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Yes - J&J
    Yes, me too.:( Lots of younger people will probably be fully vaccinated before us and how is that fair!

Its to late in the game to even get into this but you should be happy not pised off.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got the text yesterday to tell me I'm having AZ in Wviva tomorrow evening. :)

Yes - Moderna first jab

You are considered fully vaccinated 4 weeks after dose 1 of Astra Zenaca

Yes - Moderna first jab
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You are considered fully vaccinated 4 weeks after dose 1 of Astra Zenaca

Are you absolutely sure about that? Can you attach a link where that is actually confirmed? I'm not saying you're not genuine but I've heard so many people say that you're only FULLY vaccinated after dose 2 of all the two dose vaccines. But brilliant if what you claim is true!

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Are you absolutely sure about that? Can you attach a link where that is actually confirmed? I'm not saying you're not genuine but I've heard so many people say that you're only FULLY vaccinated after dose 2 of all the two dose vaccines. But brilliant if what you claim is true!

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40278833.html%3ftype=amp

However, Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said on Friday that this guidance was still in place.

It will mean that people are considered fully vaccinated:

Four weeks after their first dose of AstraZeneca.
    Two weeks after the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
    Two weeks after their second dose of Moderna.
    One week after their second dose of Pfizer.
    If they have had a PCR-confirmed case of Covid-19 in the last six months.
    Dr Holohan said the consideration had been made based on evidence of protection from the virus from different vaccines. However, he stressed the second dose of AstraZeneca would still be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Yes - J&J

You will find conflicting information everywhere. What you need to look at is real world data i.e. the experiences of countries that have given out these vaccinations on a mass scale.

Take South Korea, for example, where several million people have been vaccinated. The data there shows that a first dose of both Pfizer and Astrazenca are nearly 90% effective in preventing disease. https://globalnews.ca/news/7842318/pfizer-astrazeneca-vaccines-effectiveness-data/

The second dose is a booster that gives you longer protection. In Ireland, the so-called “vaccine bonus” applies just 4 weeks after the first AZ shot, which means that you get to enjoy what people who have had two doses of Pfizer get to enjoy (albeit this does not apply to international travel).

• Advertisement

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40278833.html%3ftype=amp

However, Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said on Friday that this guidance was still in place.

It will mean that people are considered fully vaccinated:

Four weeks after their first dose of AstraZeneca.
    Two weeks after the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
    Two weeks after their second dose of Moderna.
    One week after their second dose of Pfizer.
    If they have had a PCR-confirmed case of Covid-19 in the last six months.
    Dr Holohan said the consideration had been made based on evidence of protection from the virus from different vaccines. However, he stressed the second dose of AstraZeneca would still be needed.
    For the purposes of the vaccine bonus. Not _actually_. Stupid phrasing to use on their part. Or am I misinterpreting?

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Ficheall wrote: »
    For the purposes of the vaccine bonus. Not _actually_. Stupid phrasing to use on their part. Or am I misinterpreting?

Not sure what you mean by “ not actually “ ?

"The evidence is very clear that the first dose of AstraZeneca is giving, broadly speaking after a period of four weeks, a similar level of protection to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    My husband got his appointment for Croke Park tomorrow, I got the Helix on Wednesday :confused:

Yes - Moderna first jab
    revelman wrote: »
    You will find conflicting information everywhere. What you need to look at is real world data i.e. the experiences of countries that have given out these vaccinations on a mass scale.

Take South Korea, for example, where several million people have been vaccinated. The data there shows that a first dose of both Pfizer and Astrazenca are nearly 90% effective in preventing disease. https://globalnews.ca/news/7842318/pfizer-astrazeneca-vaccines-effectiveness-data/

The second dose is a booster that gives you longer protection. In Ireland, the so-called “vaccine bonus” applies just 4 weeks after the first AZ shot, which means that you get to enjoy what people who have had two doses of Pfizer get to enjoy (albeit this does not apply to international travel).

I was delighted with everything I was reading until I got to the last emboldened part. I want to be fully vaccinated because I really need to travel in the next few weeks/ months as soon as we're allowed. So are you saying that one dose of AZ is fully vaccinated for everything except travel, ie the EU cert? Are you saying you need two doses to get this cert? Just as it's two doses for the other vaccines. I do realise that more precautions will probably continue to be needed, PCR etc and I'm not referring to that. I'm just unclear on how many doses you need to be considered "fully vaccinated" for the travel cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes - J&J
    I got my first Pfizer one over a week ago.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I was delighted with everything I was reading until I got to the last emboldened part. I want to be fully vaccinated because I really need to travel in the next few weeks/ months as soon as we're allowed. So are you saying that one dose of AZ is fully vaccinated for everything except travel, ie the EU cert? Are you saying you need two doses to get this cert? Just as it's two doses for the other vaccines. I do realise that more precautions will probably continue to be needed, PCR etc and I'm not referring to that. I'm just unclear on how many doses you need to be considered "fully vaccinated" for the travel cert.

Nothing as been finalised about the cert yet .

Not sure what you mean by “ not actually “ ?

"The evidence is very clear that the first dose of AstraZeneca is giving, broadly speaking after a period of four weeks, a similar level of protection to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
    As in, from the HSE website:
    "28 days after your 1st dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, you can follow the same 'vaccine bonus' public health advice as fully vaccinated people. This does not include foreign travel.
    You still need to get your 2nd dose to make sure that your vaccine protection lasts."

So the 1 vaccine allows you to skip some restrictions - whereas the second vaccine means you're fully vaccinated. Actually fully vaccinated. Not partially vaccinated but subject only to the same constraints as fully vaccinated people.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Ficheall wrote: »
    As in, from the HSE website:
    "28 days after your 1st dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, you can follow the same 'vaccine bonus' public health advice as fully vaccinated people. This does not include foreign travel.
    You still need to get your 2nd dose to make sure that your vaccine protection lasts."

So the 1 vaccine allows you to skip some restrictions - whereas the second vaccine means you're fully vaccinated. Actually fully vaccinated. Not partially vaccinated but subject only to the same constraints as fully vaccinated people.

Right . So you mean about travel ? The poster I answered didn’t mention travel so I was just being helpful by posting a link as asked to !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'm 60 and got my AZ jab on friday , felt a bit of a headache that evening , the next morning has a bad headache and my joints were worse than normal and was feeling a bit nauseous with some muscle aches , took two aspirin and two paracetamol , which I normally take for headaches and felt a bit better , next day everything ok apart from a slightly sore arm ,
    Even if the slight side effects were worse I would still have taken it , life begins again in under 4 weeks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my first AZ on Saturday. I feel as if I have the worst Flu ever for the last two days, starting to feel a small bit better. Would I take it again? Definitely!

Advertisement