Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my first AZ Monday evening, yesterday evening had a spike of fever at 103.2, but no nausea or headache. Just tucked up in bed. Tired, and have sore bump on arm. To me all that treasures me the vaccine is doing its job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    60 year old mother and 68 year old aunt both had first AZ this week. No reaction for either of them. In fact, nobody in my family across age groups or vaccine types have had any reaction bar a sore arm for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Family member qualifies for group 7 three times - i.e. they have three of the conditions listed.

They asked the GP's office when they would be vaccinated. They were told they wouldn't be until their age cohort comes up. That will be some time I believe as they are under 40.

It seems that the rollout is in fact at the discretion of the GPs and that there is a lack of oversight in how they choose to do so.

Their justification is that they are overworked. However if that is the case then there is no reason for them to be the ones administering the vaccines. They actually lobbied to be in this position, presumably because it was in their financial interest to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

Yes - J&J
    Pfizer jab on Monday last....set up in Citywest very efficient. Jab itself was nothing but had a bad day yesterday (Tuesday)...like a flu but without the fever....aches and pains everywhere, including a splitting headache and total fatigue.

Feeling much better today thankfully!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes - J&J
    Pfizer (1st) yesterday just after lunch

No side/after effects whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,245 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes - J&J
    Had the Pfizer vaccine administered an hour or so ago in Croke Park.

From parking the car in the Croke Park hotel carpark, to sitting back in it... about 40 minutes...

Very well organized. Nice staff from security to the person giving the jab who was sound as...

There was zero pain, not even discomfort really, just a scratch..

Never any sense of you being rushed, the waiting area was spaced, airy and bright...

A nice atmosphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had the AZ an hour ago in Dundalk. In and out in half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Had the AZ an hour ago in Dundalk. In and out in half an hour.

Delighted for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Yes - J&J
    60 year old mother and 68 year old aunt both had first AZ this week. No reaction for either of them. In fact, nobody in my family across age groups or vaccine types have had any reaction bar a sore arm for some.

It is an interesting one. I have had 5 members of my extended family get AZ, ranging in age from 35 to 69 and none of them had any side effects. It sort of reassures me in advance of getting mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

grassylawn wrote: »
    Family member qualifies for group 7 three times - i.e. they have three of the conditions listed.

They asked the GP's office when they would be vaccinated. They were told they wouldn't be until their age cohort comes up. That will be some time I believe as they are under 40.

It seems that the rollout is in fact at the discretion of the GPs and that there is a lack of oversight in how they choose to do so.

Their justification is that they are overworked. However if that is the case then there is no reason for them to be the ones administering the vaccines. They actually lobbied to be in this position, presumably because it was in their financial interest to be.
    I understand that this issue will be discussed on the news on virgin media today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Got my second AZ jab today. Had a rough 24 hours after the first one so bracing myself for tonight and tomorrow. Have started taking the paracetamol in advance this time to see if it helps fend off the fever symptoms, probably not the medically appropriate way to use paracetamol but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

Delighted to have had both doses though. Just need the world to open back up now.

Yes - J&J
    I was told by the person administering the vaccine today that I should use paracetamol to help with any fever symptoms.

HSE website confirms that is the way to go..

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-vaccine-materials/after-your-covid19-vaccine-astrazeneca.pdf

Yes - Moderna first jab
    My short sharp reaction yesterday is well gone, except for mild soreness in arm. 48 hours post AZ vaccine.

Yes - J&J
    I thought I was going to be side effect free but I absolutely feel like I’ve been given a proper dig in the shoulder now around the injection side, moderate muscle pain, well more discomfort then pain.... small price to pay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yes - J&J
    I got my first Pfizer at about 17:15 today. Nothing to report yet.

I got a text to say I was invited to the local centre on 12th of May between 15:00 - 19:00. This came in at 15:13 today, the 12th of May. Thankfully said centre is only about 400m from the house. With a bit of a queue, I was in and out in 30ish mins

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Stupid question probably but how do we update the poll when we get our seconds jabs?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes - J&J
    Stupid question probably but bow do we update the poll when we get our seconds jabs?
    We can't

The only option would be a new poll. However that's a bit messy as it would require a merge into a new thread

However I think the info from the first jabs is arguably more informative, and we do have an idea of the gap between

If we do go for a new poll I might include a "not bothered with 2nd one" given the issues they are having in the US to get people to turn up for the 2nd one. That also facilitates a "not taking the vaccine" option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Yes - J&J
    agoodpunt wrote: »
    I live in the dublin city centre during the registration it requests your post code to match you to a local vac centre of which there are 3 in walking distance got the appointment for City West Sargart co Dublin, 10am sunday morning dont have a car how does one get there?

That’s madness.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Sick as a dog tonight after AZ jab at 11am. Within 3 hours I was shivering.

Everything got worse this evening, temperature, chills, aches everywhere, racing heartbeat. I went to bed at 8 pm.........struggled to get out of bed to let the cats out tonight .
    I’ve taken quite a lot of disprin and paracetamol. Hope I’m a lot better by morning.

I wasn’t expecting this .......... and I work in a vaccination Centre !

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Yes - J&J

Everything got worse this evening, temperature, chills, aches everywhere, racing heartbeat. I went to bed at 8 pm.........struggled to get out of bed to let the cats out tonight .
    I’ve taken quite a lot of disprin and paracetamol. Hope I’m a lot better by morning.

A friend reacted similarly to AZ. Take it easy, lots of water and paracetamol and if you're really bad today, no harm ringing the GP for advice just to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yes - J&J
    Had the Pfizer on Tuesday morning, extremely tired all Wednesday, slept 12 hours Wednesday night and feel great today, sore shoulder/upper arm gone too. Planning an easy, no-stress day for the second jab assuming its like the first.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'm the same as yourself Maggie. AZ at 1.30 yesterday and had a horrible night. Shivers, sweats, thumping headache despite taking paracetamol throughout. According to my fitbit I got 1 hour 32 mins sleep. Feeling rotten this morning, sore all over and as weak as a kitten.
    How can something that's supposed to be good for you make you feel so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes - Moderna second jab
    Got my second AZ jab today. Had a rough 24 hours after the first one so bracing myself for tonight and tomorrow. Have started taking the paracetamol in advance this time to see if it helps fend off the fever symptoms, probably not the medically appropriate way to use paracetamol but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

Delighted to have had both doses though. Just need the world to open back up now.

22 hours on from the second AZ shot and it's night and day compared to the first one. Felt a small bit off late last night and was fearing the worst but woke up this morning feeling great, no side effects at all. Presumably my body built immunity to the feverish side effects after the first shot.

So good news for anyone hit hard by the first AZ dose - it doesn't automatically mean you'll have the same side effects after the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yes - J&J
    theteal wrote: »
    I got my first Pfizer at about 17:15 today. Nothing to report yet.

I got a text to say I was invited to the local centre on 12th of May between 15:00 - 19:00. This came in at 15:13 today, the 12th of May. Thankfully said centre is only about 400m from the house. With a bit of a queue, I was in and out in 30ish mins

Yup, the following day, feels like I got a good punch in the arm. No other effects of note.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    theteal wrote: »
    Yup, the following day, feels like I got a good punch in the arm. No other effects of note.

That's what it feels like to me this morning too! All good otherwise (Moderna dose 1).

Yes - Moderna first jab

Sorry to hear that. 24 hours on from my AZ and not as much as a sore arm. Nothing.

I think they gave me a placebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭secman

Yes - Moderna first jab
    The wide variances of affects of the various vaccines almost mirrors the variances of the symptoms of people who contracted the covid19 virus, from little or no reaction, to mild and severe reactions. Just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Sorry to hear that. 24 hours on from my AZ and not as much as a sore arm. Nothing.

My dad was like that, I had a headache and was achy and tired for a number of days after my AZ jab my dad was out weeding the garden like nothing ever happened!!

Yes - Moderna first jab
    lrushe wrote: »
    My dad was like that, I had a headache and was achy and tired for a number of days after my AZ jab my dad was out weeding the garden like nothing ever happened!!

It seems to be the older you are the less reaction.

• Advertisement

Yes - J&J

So long as it works, who cares?

:pac:

Advertisement