Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Yes - J&J
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It seems to be the older you are the less reaction.

Maybe but it every member of my extended family who had AZ had no reaction and this includes a 35 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Yes - AZ second jab
    So how long before people are getting their vaccine appointments after the registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

coldfire1x wrote: »
    So how long before people are getting their vaccine appointments after the registration?

still waiting and registered this day week - north dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    revelman wrote: »
    Maybe but it every member of my extended family who had AZ had no reaction and this includes a 35 year old!

And everyone I know did !! Four friends , three family members and about 5-6 neighbours all had 2-3 bad days after AZ
    I had a headache and dizzy spells for a few days and a seriously sore arm for about a week . All 60-69
    Daughter and SiL who are in their 30’s also had one bad night with fever and shaking and feeling cold

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yes - J&J
    secman wrote: »
    The wide variances of affects of the various vaccines almost mirrors the variances of the symptoms of people who contracted the covid19 virus, from little or no reaction, to mild and severe reactions. Just an observation.

That thought occured to me too, so far at least the vaccines seem to widely protect pretty much everyone from a bad dose so hopefully we will never find out if there is a correlation.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab

Depends on where you are. I was 16 days.

Yes - AZ second jab
    Depends on where you are. I was 16 days.

Seems like 2-3 weeks after you register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Yes - J&J

Registered last Friday, had first jab this morning in Citywest :)

Yes - AZ second jab
    wiz569 wrote: »
    Registered last Friday, had first jab this morning in Citywest :)

Nice, thats only about a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    About 10 days in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Don2017

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm the same as yourself Maggie. AZ at 1.30 yesterday and had a horrible night. Shivers, sweats, thumping headache despite taking paracetamol throughout. According to my fitbit I got 1 hour 32 mins sleep. Feeling rotten this morning, sore all over and as weak as a kitten.
    How can something that's supposed to be good for you make you feel so bad.

Sounds nasty ....I think ill take my chances on the covid rather than the vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Yes - J&J
    Don2017 wrote: »
    Sounds nasty ....I think ill take my chances on the covid rather than the vaccine

Assuming you are joking but if you are not:

3 out of 4 people are not reporting these sorts of side effects:

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfizer-astrazeneca-vaccine-side-effects-not-as-bad-as-trials-2021-4?r=US&IR=T

I’ve had five members of my extended family get AZ, from 35 years of age up and not one of them experienced even a slight side effect. You will always hear more about the side effects than from the majority who won’t get them. And of course Covid could do far worse things to you...

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Don2017 wrote: »

I take that to mean you wouldn't take it any way. The vast majority have no adverse reaction. And you may be willing to take your chances with the virus but what about people you'd put at risk as a result?

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Sick as a dog tonight after AZ jab at 11am. Within 3 hours I was shivering.

Everything got worse this evening, temperature, chills, aches everywhere, racing heartbeat. I went to bed at 8 pm.........struggled to get out of bed to let the cats out tonight .
    I’ve taken quite a lot of disprin and paracetamol. Hope I’m a lot better by morning.

I wasn’t expecting this .......... and I work in a vaccination Centre !

Annecdotely these symptoms seem to happen more so for women.

More responsive immune system (heard it was natures way of protecting children in womb).

Maybe why they are faring slightly better with covid also.

I got first dose AZ.

Very sore left arm to touch for about 4 days near injection site.

Like someone punched me hard in the arm.

Right arm achy for a day.

Headache for a few days.

Generally not too bad, like a very mild cold.

Tiredness was main symptom.

Got up at 9am next day.

Was going to go out for a run after breakfast.

Said to myself I will lie down for 10 mins after breakfast and woke up at 5pm in state of confusion :confused:.

Never left the house that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Yes - Moderna first jab
    59yo. Registered on the portal on Monday the 3rd of May. Text 5pm Friday 7th of May. AZ. City West the next day at 2.30pm. Military precision. 40 minutes in and out. No after effects. Feeling bullet proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭plodder

Yes - J&J
    Is nobody getting it on Dublin northside? Seem to be just hearing about Aviva and Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Yes - J&J
    Nice, thats only about a week :)

And now just had the Oncology dept ring me to see if I was in need of an injection lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Yes - J&J
    59yo. Registered on the portal on Monday the 3rd of May. Text 5pm Friday 7th of May. AZ. City West the next day at 2.30pm. Military precision. 40 minutes in and out. No after effects. Feeling bullet proof.

How long is the wait for second jab? 12/16 weeks?

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Woody79 wrote: »
    Annecdotely these symptoms seem to happen more so for women.

More responsive immune system (heard it was natures way of protecting children in womb).

Maybe why they are faring slightly better with covid also.

I got AZ.

Said to myself I will lie down for 10 mins after breakfast and woke up at 5pm in state of confusion :confused:.

Never left the house that day

I didn't leave the house all day either today, the tiredness is serious, was moving around like a 90 year old... (and I am a regular runner, swimmer and cyclist) I felt so bad I was wondering what kind of stuff is in this vaccine?

I know 2 women in the last week (one is my sister who got the exact same Batch No as me!) and they had no symptoms. I am never sick whereas my sister has underlying health conditions, yet she had no reaction at all. Its a strange one.
    But after an early night I hope to be back in work tomorrow (in a vaccination centre).

Yes - Moderna first jab
    mmmm......I know 2 women in the last week (one is my sister who got the exact same Batch No as me!) and they had no symptoms whatsoever! I am never sick.
    I didn't leave the house all day either today, the tiredness is serious, was moving around like a 90 year old... (and I am a regular runner, swimmer and cyclist) I felt so bad I was wondering what kind of stuff is in this vaccine :eek:
    But after an early night I hope to be back in work tomorrow (in a vaccination centre).

I know a 40 something nurse and a women in her sixties.

Both got AZ first dose in last few months, both very sick for 48 hours.

Luck of the draw...

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/mellor-bedridden-horrendous-pain-after-23986915

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,380 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes - J&J
    plodder wrote: »
    Is nobody getting it on Dublin northside? Seem to be just hearing about Aviva and Citywest.

I was Croke Park, Northside resident too...a good efficient setup.

Incidentally soreness and tenderness in my muscle where the vaccine was injected into lasted..24 hours.. feeling grand now.

The fuzzy fatigued almost jet lagged feeling wore off around the same time... woke up still feeling a bit fuzzy but after breakfast, a shower and my exercise class I’m back to normal, if I was ever normal.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Woody79 wrote: »
    I know a 40 something nurse and a women in her sixties.

Both got AZ first dose in last few months, both very sick for 48 hours.

Luck of the draw...

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/mellor-bedridden-horrendous-pain-after-23986915

:D:D I read that article, he could have taken the words right out of my mouth, identical reaction to me ! Glad I'm not the only one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I didn't leave the house all day either today, the tiredness is serious, was moving around like a 90 year old... (and I am a regular runner, swimmer and cyclist) I felt so bad I was wondering what kind of stuff is in this vaccine?

I know 2 women in the last week (one is my sister who got the exact same Batch No as me!) and they had no symptoms. I am never sick whereas my sister has underlying health conditions, yet she had no reaction at all. Its a strange one.

That's exactly how I feel, how can something that makes you feel so bad be good for you. I was so reluctant to take AZ, I tried everything to get Pfizer but no luck. I feel as if my system has been poisoned. Hope you feel well enough to go to work tomorrow. I plan to self medicate with a couple of glasses of wine and an early night.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    That's exactly how I feel, how can something that makes you feel so bad be good for you. I was so reluctant to take AZ, I tried everything to get Pfizer but no luck. I feel as if my system has been poisoned. Hope you feel well enough to go to work tomorrow. I plan to self medicate with a couple of glasses of wine and an early night.

careful of the wine, I think its contra-indicated for a few days after vaccine? I know last night it was the last thing I could look at :o
    Hope you're feeling ok soon, I'm getting there now.

Yes - Moderna first jab

The one thing you should avoid is alcohol. Keep well hydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,380 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes - J&J
    I was really thirsty for about 48 hours in particular in the following two mornings it was like I’d been out the night before, I was waking up with a mouth like Moses’s flip flops... must have drank about 9 pints throughout the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    How long is the wait for second jab? 12/16 weeks?

12 weeks I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    The one thing you should avoid is alcohol. Keep well hydrated.

Well I opened the bottle and the humour went off me. Sipped a half glass and went back on the water

• Registered Users Posts: 9,042 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Just got the Pfizer first jab, sitting in the waiting area to go. 56 in Riverside Enniscorthy, got a call yesterday to fill an empty slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yes - J&J
    Strumms wrote: »
    The fuzzy fatigued almost jet lagged feeling wore off around the same time... woke up still feeling a bit fuzzy but after breakfast, a shower and my exercise class I’m back to normal, if I was ever normal.

Got my Pfizer first jab yesterday and that's exactly how I feel now this morning. Eyes feel particularly fuzzy and heavy, I think they'd benefit from a long nap.

Other than that and a bit of a tender arm I feel absolutely fine. Have felt far worse after the annual flu vaccine!

Advertisement