Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer dose tomorrow morning with my gp (cohort 4, early thirties).

So incredibly relieved to be getting it. It's like an enormous weight has been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Yes - J&J
    Got my Pfizer first jab this morning. Was fine all afternoon but getting a bit of a sore arm now so have taken a couple of paracetamol. I am also feeling very slightly 'off' but nothing that I can particularly identify. Going to have a good nights sleep and see what tomorrow brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Maxface

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    First dose of Moderna up in Letterkenny this morning. No queuing at all. Seemed to be in tranches and well staggered. People told to wait in their cars and then enter a tent outside the building. Quick registration and straight to the cubicle. 5 minutes getting the jab and then to the waiting area.

As mentioned, very efficient. Drive up and got the first security, was asked some questions and then given a green sticker to wear. Directed towards a car park and next security, told to park in a certain area then wait in car. Got the nod then into a tent, next security and then asked my time and if I had ID's etc. Told to carry on then met next security, ushered to a registration desk. Quick registration and given a leaflet. Told to walk up the ways and a nurse was waving at me, told me to go to a cubicle. Sat down and had a quick chat, needle in arm and then directed to a seating are. Nurse comes by and asks how I'm feeling and so on. The time of my jab is noted so she states the time I can go. 15 minutes later and a wave to the nurse and I am out the door. Met by security and asked to go around other side of building and drive out the back way.

I went on a bit there but it was very well handled. You could see groups coming in in a very steady pace, must be 5 or ten minutes apart or something but excellent to see and all very happy!

Edit: oh and no reaction to the jab at all, went to work and all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Yes - J&J
    Got my second Pfizer jab yesterday I feel the same as with the first arm is a bit sore and feel a bit off today took a couple of paracetamol and fingers crossed I'll be grand later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got a date for my second AZ jab for next Sunday. Exactly 14 weeks after the first one.

Hopefully this one is not bad the first one side affects wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Had my first Moderna jab last Monday, arm was tender Tuesday & Wednesday, Wednesday morning I had a very low level but annoying headache & slight brain fog both of which would be very unusual for me, otherwise nothing of note

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Yes - J&J
    Got my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday and no side effects at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer yesterday. First one, I had headaches and vomiting.

This time around, nothing except a very sore and swollen arm. Bit of ice and it'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    Had my second Pfizer this afternoon. 28, cohort 4. No side effects yet, but no plans for the weekend just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I thought I would detail my experience so far with my second dose of Moderna Vaccine. I got my second dose on Monday at 9.30am, as the day progressed I felt fine. Until 4pm I started feeling just off , I can’t explain totally but it was like I got really tired , by 9pm I was absolutely banjaxed tired wise and by now the shakes begun. I went to bed with bad shakes at 10.30pm , I got about 3 hrs sleep, I woke up just after 1.30am utterly dripping with sweat. I don’t have a thermometer but my wife said I was on fire. I ached all over my body , so I went downstairs and slept on the couch. Couldn’t get any sleep maybe an hour was so painful and freezing despite having a thick blanket.

I spent 6am-10am back to actual bed, slept hard , woke up to what felt like an epic hangover, slept off and on all day. Had lunch felt great , hour later back to square one dying as if I had 18 pints. Slept till 6pm , wife made pizza , had that and then went for a shower. Just like that it was gone I felt completely normal as if nothing happened.

The Wednesday I felt great like a new man, yesterday I had a banging headache again and ear ache especially going to bed. Woke up this morning had the sharp headache till 9ish and earache however again suddenly disappeared. This evening my glands are up and especially in my left arm pit.

It’s been a wild ol ride this week, glad I got it still but it’s not pleasant. By the way I am 36 with underlying health issues.

Thought people would like to know, and incidentally had no really side effects from first jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a second appointment if you reply "New" to the text message to reschedule?

Friend got a text for this Sunday to get his second dose of AZ but his son was playing with his phone and "New" came up in auto suggest and he sent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Yes - Moderna first jab
    dan786 wrote: »
    Got a date for my second AZ jab for next Sunday. Exactly 14 weeks after the first one.

Hopefully this one is not bad the first one side affects wise.

I’m getting my second AZ vaccination on Tuesday! Im thrilled :)

14 weeks and 5 days after the first dose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Yes - J&J
    Got my 1st Pfizer 2 days ago, slight pain in my arm but so far that's been about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Moderna first dose yesterday 3pm, no issues at all until this afternoon about 1pm, pain in the arm, well not pain so much as much as real discomfort when i move it, fees like its weigthed down if that makes any sense. I had planned to do a big house clean up today so that went out out the windows and instead had a day on the couch, watched 3 live GAA games, listened to some music had a few beers, happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes - J&J
    aisling86 wrote: »
    Myself and my husband (in our 30s) both got vaccinated yesterday from gp. We would have fallen into cohort 4 a number of years ago for bmi but not anymore. It was absolutely jointed there absolutely fabulous to see so many people there.

It was such a relief getting it as it was so unexpected to get a call. We had pfizer & we could both feel it going through & for about 2hrs we had strange pins and needles feeling in random places. Top of head, left leg etc.. bit of a sore arm this morning like someone punched us but nothing major at all.
    Back on 21st for round 2!

Both had our 2nd vaccine Friday evening. I was fine in comparison to after dose 1. Tired much earlier than normal but otherwise fine. Husband was slightly off Saturday but again nothing like the effect dose 1 had.
    Absolutely thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Yes - AZ second jab
    got johnson & johnson on friday felt tired sat morn was out in the garden sat afternoon taking down some big branches. sore arm

55km on the bike today, so not so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes - J&J
    Had my second Pfizer this afternoon. 28, cohort 4. No side effects yet, but no plans for the weekend just in case

48+ hours later, not even a sore arm in sight! I've been really lucky with both doses, no reaction at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Yes - J&J
    Just got first dose of Pfizer from my GP. I’m in group 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Out of curiosity has anyone heard of many getting Janssen and what were the effects like?

Similar to the other vaccines I imagine, but a family member of mine in their 60s was asking what they can expect.

Is it over 50 or 60 Janssen is being used for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Raphael Picard

Out of curiosity has anyone heard of many getting Janssen and what were the effects like?

Similar to the other vaccines I imagine, but a family member of mine in their 60s was asking what they can expect.

I got a Janssen shot this morning.

No notable side effects so far, other than a bit of soreness/numbness around the area of the injection.

Janssen and Astra Zeneca will not be used for under-50s in Ireland due to the risk (extremely small, it must be said) of blood clots.

You are considered fully vaccinated with Janssen two weeks after your jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Yes - J&J
    pfizer an hour ago in Aviva - no soreness - all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Yes - AZ second jab
    Just got my vaccine. I live in Germany. 32 year old male. There is no prioritization on Astrazeneca or Johnson and Johnson here. A friend told me where to go last week and I called up this morning. Lady on the phone told me if I am willing to take AZ to come by at 15:00. Came by only 2/3 ahead in the queue.

In the end they gave me Johnson and Johnson which I am happy about because I am now fully vaccinated after two weeks pass. So happy to get the one shot vaccine. All over the beergardens here when fully vaccinated you can go to the beer gardens and restaurants and I thought I would have to wait weeks for the privilege.

As for side effects. Ask me tomorrow. It has been literally one hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Yes - AZ second jab

Got the Janssen vaccine on Saturday evening, woke on Sunday with massive headache and very tired. Identical to bad hangover. We bit groggy and feverish on Monday no sore Head and feeling fine today. Missus got hers on Sunday and not a sign of affect, wouldn't know she had it

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Yes - AZ second jab
    61 yo, Got the Jannsen last Sunday in Helix. No side effects at all. Feeling totally normal still (hopefully for good)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Yes - J&J
    Got my first dose of the Pfizer last Wednesday from my gp. Was such a surprise to get the call. From when they phoned me to getting the jab was less than an hour. I'm 36 with no underlying conditions. Had a sore arm and the day after felt tired and just a bit off. That passed by Thurs eve and felt great since. Was told to expect a text with my next appointment for four weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yes - AZ second jab

I got Janssen yesterday (52 M) and was fine until last night. Unsettled night and woke up with what felt like a very bad hangover. Had to sit on side of bed and let things settle a bit before getting on with the rest of the day. Took paracetamol and that helped. Over the worst of it now but feel fatigued so hoping a good night's sleep resolves that. Couple of women in work with me got Janssen too and had a bit worse experience I think.

24 - 48 hours seems to be the worst of it over though from what people say about Janssen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Friend had Janseen yesterday and complained today that they had really bad night last night no sleep with flue symptoms and shivers, only a little be better today.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Yes - AZ second jab

I had mine on Saturday and felt like **** all day Sunday. It was flu like symptoms with shivers and aches.

Felt fine on Monday other than a sore arm still.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Yes - AZ second jab
    As posted a few posts ago. Got Janssen yesterday around 15:00. So far no issues. Not even a sore arm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Pfizer, first one a month ago from GP. No side effects. 2nd one tomorrow at 2.30pm from GP.

Advertisement