Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Quick question about vaccine type allocation.
    I very reluctantly (genuine health concerns) took AZ on 12th May. I tried every avenue to get Pfizer but was told that once I registered with my DOB I was automatically allocated AZ.
    A neighbour who is exactly the same age (61) registered the same day as me got Pfizer last week in the same vaccination centre as me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Don2017

I got a Janssen shot this morning.

Janssen and Astra Zeneca will not be used for under-50s in Ireland due to the risk (extremely small, it must be said) of blood clots.

so what about the over 50's are they not at risk also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Yes - J&J
    Don2017 wrote: »
    so what about the over 50's are they not at risk also ?
    More at risk from COVID, less at risk from clots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Yes - J&J
    Almost 60 hours after Pfizer first jab now for me. Worst symptoms were quite a sore arm, tiredness and a bit of brain fog. Other than that smooth sailing.

Lumen wrote: »
    More at risk from COVID, less at risk from clots.

So why not give them the pfizer thats supposed to reduce the covid risk and also reduce risk of blood clots ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my first AZ jab at around midday on Tuesday. Felt fine all day rest of Tuesday and went to bed at normal time. Woke up in the night a bit warm but this is not unusual for me anyway.

Struggled to get out of bed Wednesday morning and finally hauled myself vertical around 11am (working flexi-time so i can kind of set my own hours within reason). Managed to do about an hour or two's work and then got a very woozy feeling come over me at about 1ish. Followed by aches, pains and then chills. Took the afternoon off sick and went back to bed with the electric blanket on.

Woke up around 7pm starving hungry and feeling much better but drained and tired. Had an early night and woke this morning feeling much better but I do still have a lingering headache.

Delighted to get it over with to be honest - hopefully the 2nd jab won't have as bad side effects - but even if it does, it was bearable. Actually I'd say it was just the right level of sick to be enjoyable ? I'm sure some people out there know exactly what I mean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Yes - J&J
    Don't know if this has been posted, but if you do experience side effects, you can report them here:

https://www.hpra.ie/homepage/about-us/report-an-issue/human-adverse-reaction-form

I would really encourage everyone to report. This is one way the Health Authorities update their information on the vaccine, and indeed any drug. It can take as much info as you are willing to give, but in reality all you need to give is:

Your contact details
    The name of the drug/vaccine being reported (include the batch number if you can - it's on your vaccine card)
    What your reaction was and if you have recovered or not

I got my 2nd Pfizer this morning (10 am). All good so far. Was foggy for two days after the first one (reported :)) so hoping plain sailing with this one. But if I don't, no bother, just the immune response kicking in, which is all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I’m getting my second AZ vaccination on Tuesday! Im thrilled :)

14 weeks and 5 days after the first dose

Just a follow-up on my last post, as I’m mindful that not many people have had the second AZ dose...

I’m a HCW, Female and 31 years old. I received my first dose of AZ in mid February and was due to receive the second one within 12 weeks, but given the new guidelines to extend the interval to 16weeks... this date was pushed forward... then back again to 12 weeks...whereby the final interval was 14 weeks and 5 days.

I received the first dose in the hospital and the second dose in my local MVC on Tuesday.

After the first dose (way back in February), I had many strong side effects... Fever and chills, pain in arm at the injection site, terrible headache, full body fatigue, a general meh feeling... so much so that the two days that followed the injection were a complete write-off.

For the second dose, I had a much milder experience: headache, pain at the injection site and tiredness that evening... I took 2 paracetamol and that seemed to knock these on the head. My arm is still slightly sore, but otherwise I feel fine.

I’m now going to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary (I.e adverse side effects) over the next 2 weeks just to be sure.

jos28 wrote: »
    I very reluctantly (genuine health concerns) took AZ on 12th May. I tried every avenue to get Pfizer but was told that once I registered with my DOB I was automatically allocated AZ.
    A neighbour who is exactly the same age (61) registered the same day as me got Pfizer last week in the same vaccination centre as me :confused:

you could always sue due to age discrimination

The Equality Act 2010 says that you must not be discriminated against because:

you are (or are not) a certain age or in a certain age group
    someone thinks you are (or are not) a specific age or age group, this is known as discrimination by perception
    you are connected to someone of a specific age or age group, this is known as discrimination by association

jos28 wrote: »

I get the impression with this government once your over 50 your dispensable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Don2017 wrote: »
    you could always sue due to age discrimination

The Equality Act 2010 says that you must not be discriminated against because:

you are (or are not) a certain age or in a certain age group
    someone thinks you are (or are not) a specific age or age group, this is known as discrimination by perception
    you are connected to someone of a specific age or age group, this is known as discrimination by association

I don't think I 'll take it that far :D. I am annoyed though that I felt no-one would listen to me. I don't want to go into details but I have very genuine concerns. My GP was very sympathetic and put me on his surplus list for Pfizer. The HSE helpline basically said take AZ or go to the back on the queue. The vaccinator was extremely sympathetic but there was nothing she could do, they was nothing else on the premises apparently. I felt it was a case of put up or shut up. That's why I was so annoyed that someone same age/centre/registration date gets Pfizer a week later :eek: I'm curious as to how it works, do they restock the vaccination centres every Monday morning with one brand only :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yes - J&J
    Received 2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine today - One tip I got was to move the arm a couple of times every hour as it lessens the pain at the jab site. I'm expecting to feel a bit crappy for the next day or so but I'd be happy to be wrong :) Delighted I'm fully vaccinated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes - J&J
    Had my second Pfizer jab after 2PM today, no ill effects so far so all good. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bellie1

Yes - J&J
    Had first dose of Pfizer yesterday. Arm sore when lay on it during night but hardly noticeable otherwise. One thing I've noticed this morning is a feeling of mucus being at top of my throat. Feel constant urge to clear my throat . Could be totally unrelated, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere as a side effect. Annoying more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes - J&J
    Yeah that's the only effect I'm feeling is my arm is a bit tender and sore where the injection was.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yes - J&J
    I'm just really tired day after 2nd shot - I had a busy morning so it didn't put me off my stride but it is reminiscent of working with a mild hangover feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Yes - AZ second jab
    Had J&J on Tuesday - I'm mid 50's.
    No noticeable side effects.
    Continued my normal daily running schedule (ave 10 miles a day)
    Felt tired and grumpy at the end of the 2nd day but that isn't out of the ordinary :-)

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Had moderna 1st shot this morning.

Feel a little off and sluggish but generally OK so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Out of curiosity has anyone heard of many getting Janssen and what were the effects like?

Similar to the other vaccines I imagine, but a family member of mine in their 60s was asking what they can expect.

Is it over 50 or 60 Janssen is being used for?

Just to follow up.
    My relative just had some tiredness after the Janssen jab. No other complaints after 24 hours. They're in their mid 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    HCW, Got my 2nd AZ dose today. 14 Weeks after the 1st.

My father also HCW got his second one after 16 weeks.

Some colleagues got it midweek and didnt have any side affects after the second dose. First dose was very bad for some of and few people were out sick from work for a day or two. But absolutely nothing this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Please post covid vaccine side effects and adverse reactions here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yes - J&J
    Sore arm (pretty much dead) for a day, slightly dizzy spells and very tired. All were gone within 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pretty sure there was boardsie that got pregnant after the Pfizer one.
    Another chap in the US who got Pfizer was struck by lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Unquestioned compliance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Yes - Moderna first jab
    AZ vaccine here. Tender arm, headache and flu like symptoms for a day. Nothing to write home about!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Turtwig wrote: »
    Pretty sure there was boardsie that got pregnant after the Pfizer one.
    Another chap in the US who got Pfizer was struck by lightning.

Fakenews, it was the chap that got pregnant,and a lady steeplejack that got hit my lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,038 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Fakenews, it was the chap that got pregnant,and a lady steeplejack that got hit my lightning.
    I actually thought this was a serious thread until I saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I get the full 5 bars signal on the phone now compared to only 2 before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

muffler wrote: »
    I actually thought this was a serious thread until I saw this.

Make it as serious as you want

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

The oh so rare blood clots are starting to become more and more common.

What happens one year down the line? There are zero data available. Madness!:eek:

Advertisement