Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Dante

Anyone constantly sneezing/have a really runny nose after the Pfizer jab? Feels similar to having a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Zeus wrote: »
    Anyone constantly sneezing/have a really runny nose after the Pfizer jab? Feels similar to having a cold.

Depends what you mean? I mentioned earlier I have Hay Fever and the Astrazeneca jab seemed to kick that off badly for a day.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Is that your first or second jab? I had my second jab of the Pfizer vaccine last Friday (28th May) and I was fine until Sunday afternoon. Got hay fever-like symptoms first, then incredibly tired. I was fine yesterday but tired again today. Still, I would rather that than getting Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Yes - J&J
    Meathcat wrote: »
    Is that your first or second jab? I had my second jab of the Pfizer vaccine last Friday (28th May) and I was fine until Sunday afternoon. Got hay fever-like symptoms first, then incredibly tired. I was fine yesterday but tired again today. Still, I would rather that than getting Covid.

That sounds familiar. I've been taking loratidine as well. Doesn't seem to be helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I got my second Pfizer dose yesterday morning. No side effects at all until about 4am this morning when I woke up with aches and pains all over. It felt like someone when to town on me with a baseball bat. I don't feel as sore now but I am very fatigued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Just had my 2nd pfizer vaccine 20mins ago at my GP. Very well run and delighted to be fully vaccinated.

Just in time for the pubs opening next week, its a sign

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Yes - J&J
    Has anyone experienced a terrible metallic taste about 2 weeks after the first Pfizer jab? My mother said she has an awful metallic taste in her mouth. It's 15 days since her first jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Yes - Pfizer first jab

My brother in law said his nose ran like a tap for a few hours after his first Pfizer shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Had the Janssen jab yesterday.

Arm is slightly sore, main side effect for me is dizziness which started after about 4 hours.

The whole thing was very well organised..

Yes - J&J
    One week on and I still feel more tired than normal, could be something else of course but the fatigue started when I got the vaccine so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Don2017

cloudatlas wrote: »
    One week on and I still feel more tired than normal, could be something else of course but the fatigue started when I got the vaccine so...

I read somewhere dont ask where that people get fatigued because your body is getting rid of all the artificial spike proteins caused by the vaccine . its hard work by your immune system so why wouldn't it be tired.

Yes - J&J
    Don2017 wrote: »
    I read somewhere dont ask where that people get fatigued because your body is getting rid of all the artificial spike proteins caused by the vaccine . its hard work by your immune system so why wouldn't it be tired.

Right, well I hope it resolves soon it's proving difficult to concentrate.

Had my 2nd pfizer vaccine yesterday morning, woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a freight train, headache and a mild fever with sore arm.

Coming around now though, haven't left the couch all morning, glad I booked the day off work!.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

1huge1 wrote: »
    Had my 2nd pfizer vaccine yesterday morning, woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a freight train, headache and a mild fever with sore arm.

Coming around now though, haven't left the couch all morning, glad I booked the day off work!.

Sounds like the same as myself. I'm 48 hours on from when I got the injection (24 hours from the post below) and I'm okay now.
    I got my second Pfizer dose yesterday morning. No side effects at all until about 4am this morning when I woke up with aches and pains all over. It felt like someone when to town on me with a baseball bat. I don't feel as sore now but I am very fatigued.

Right, well I hope it resolves soon it's proving difficult to concentrate.

Your immune system probably won't go back to normal and you get your energy back until your cells stop producing the spike protein as instructed by the mrna in the vaccine . i'm not sure when or at what point your cells say ok we can stop producing spike protein now.

Yes - J&J
    Your immune system probably won't go back to normal and you get your energy back until your cells stop producing the spike protein as instructed by the mrna in the vaccine . i'm not sure when or at what point your cells say ok we can stop producing spike protein now.

Yeah, I actually found a thread on the Pfizer vaccine on another forum and a lot of people are going through the same thing, some still have headaches and are suffering from fatigue a month later. Doesn't make me super enthusiastic about the next round.

Yeah, I actually found a thread on the Pfizer vaccine on another forum and a lot of people are going through the same thing, some still have headaches and are suffering from fatigue a month later. Doesn't make me super enthusiastic about the next round.

What forum is that by the way its nice to get a broad research on the topic

Yes - J&J
    What forum is that by the way its nice to get a broad research on the topic

reddit

reddit

ok thanks ill check that out sometime

Over 48 hours after my first Pfizer jab and I'm still feeling pretty rough. Its like a bad cold, non-stop sneezing, runny nose and slight pressure in my head. Hopefully its my immune system is doing its thang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Yes - J&J
    First Pfizer shot this day 4 weeks ago. A sore arm & I had the best nights sleep since this bloody pandemic began. Second shot today @ 3.30pm. So far so good. Maybe feeling a little more tired than usual, but, hey!! I’ve been vaccinated!!! I’ll take a bit of fatigue over the prospect of Covid, thank you very much. I’m extremely grateful to have had both shots. Onwards, outwards & upwards!!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Felt very tired for a day after getting my first Pfizer shot. Yesterday afternoon I had my second shot and had only a sore arm. Today when I woke up I felt like a truck hit me i. e. feverish, extreme fatigue, body aches and a headache. That being said I had worse hangovers so it's grand.

Btw I asked if a booster shot is needed and was told that current data shows that immunity should last for at least 9 months. So I would guess it will be an annual top up shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Yes - J&J
    Got my first shot of the Pfizer jab on Tuesday. Smallest needle ever, didn't even feel it break the skin. Surprisingly my arm was killing me the next day.
    My body felt a bit like it haf the starting aches and weakness of the flu too, but I took some paracetamol, and it passed quickly.
    I'm hearing everywhere that the second one is the real penance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yes - Moderna first jab
    derfderf wrote: »
    Got my first shot of the Pfizer jab on Tuesday. Smallest needle ever, didn't even feel it break the skin. Surprisingly my arm was killing me the next day.
    My body felt a bit like it haf the starting aches and weakness of the flu too, but I took some paracetamol, and it passed quickly.
    I'm hearing everywhere that the second one is the real penance though.

Astrazeneca here but nurse giving the jab told me to take a couple of paracetamol as soon as I got home.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Sounds like the same as myself. I'm 48 hours on from when I got the injection (24 hours from the post below) and I'm okay now.

Yes exactly this,started feeling better yesterday afternoon and feel like a new man this morning.

Very small price to pay for the protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

First Pfizer shot middle of the day yesterday. Arm was incredibly sore overnight but a lot better now. Just feeling very tired for now. Hope that's it until the second shot !

Yes - J&J
    I finally feel back to normal after the first Pfizer shot. Took around 8 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yes - J&J
    Got my second Pfizer this morning, shoulder more sore than the last and a slight headache which i didnt get with the first. Glad to have both done now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

A lot of these reactions to the pricks sound worse than Covid 19.

• Advertisement

A lot of these reactions to the pricks sound worse than Covid 19.
    I'm feeling right as rain now after 5 days. Basically had a bout of manflu, nothing much compared to the potential affects of Covid.

Advertisement