Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yes - J&J
    I'm extremely lucky as I'm one of few from cohort 7 to get vaccinated (30). Got got my first dose of Pfizer in DCU earlier. No symptoms as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Got my first Moderna jab yesterday evening. No side effects apart for a slightly sore arm but I’ve had worse pain after a gym session! Just delighted to have gotten my first dose, was fairly emotional about it yesterday :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Great to see the younger people who are more at risk getting protected by the vaccine.
    Thanks for the updates!

It's a nasty virus, and not just to the older people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Yes - J&J
    I was sleepy for a day after my first Pfizer dose. Had the second one from my GP yesterday. Got up this morning, fed the cat, went back to bed and slept until 8pm. Really feel like I've been hit by a bus now: headache, shivering, aches and pains-as though a flu is coming on. Don't mind as I was prepared for it. If this is what the vaccine does I would not like to take my chances with the virus. Very relieved to have got the second dose.

GP mentioned boosters at some stage, but no concrete time frame yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is Dublin mainly Pfizer?

I've got my appointment coming up next week and it's Pfizer, then my folks were Pfizer, my sister was Pfizer, all my vaccinated work colleagues (about 20) were Pfizer.

btw is it best to avoid any vigorous exercise the evening of the jab?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Under 30 and fully vaccinated, pfizer was got.*

Sore arm for the day for the first one which was fine, just around the injected area, slept well that night I thought, second dose was very similar.

* Not in Ireland incase people wondering how I got it so fast, not in any vulnerable group etc either thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Yes - J&J
    Had first dose of Pfizer on Thursday. No side effects except for a sore arm.

Was very tired for a while today though. Just a wave of tiredness that swept over me. Had a couple of naps on the couch and right as rain again now. Might not be connected to getting vaccine but would be rare enough I would get a bout of tiredness like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cushtie wrote: »
    Had first dose of Pfizer on Thursday. No side effects except for a sore arm.

Was very tired for a while today though. Just a wave of tiredness that swept over me. Had a couple of naps on the couch and right as rain again now. Might not be connected to getting vaccine but would be rare enough I would get a bout of tiredness like that.

Probably not connected. I was exhausted yesterday for no particular reason. I think it's humidity. Had to take a Red Bull to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Yes - Moderna first jab
    4th of April I had my first astra still no sign of dose 2 yet I'm guessing it'll be the full 16 weeks before I hear it was done in vaccine centre in Dublin hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twiglet24

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    twiglet24 wrote: »
    Has anyone had vaccine dribble down their arm after the jab?
    Just had my second Moderna jab - given by an older male doctor who gave the jab, then walked back to the table for the cotton wool to press over the injection site. In the meantime I could feel liquid dribbling down my arm! At the time I thought it was because he hadn’t the cotton wool handy, so said nothing, but back home now and kicking myself in case I now don’t have the full dose!

In case this happens to anyone else - I followed up with my GP today and they put my mind at rest, saying that as the injection goes deep into the muscle, plenty will have gone in, and a couple of drops after the needle comes out are normal. He even said that as it was a second dose, the full amount might not even be necessary.
    I have a lovely red swollen arm at the injection site anyway, so knew I must have had a decent amount, but I am glad I checked as now I can begin to happily count down the rest of the two weeks until I’m considered fully vaccinated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,364 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Great to see second shots going in. Wonder will offering J & J via pharmacy to the hesitant, cause a few to take the leap and get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Anyone in cohort 4 or 7 here who got a vaccine in an MVC via the clinics ?
    Did you get a text when 2nd dose was due or how did it work for dose 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    4th of April I had my first astra still no sign of dose 2 yet I'm guessing it'll be the full 16 weeks before I hear it was done in vaccine centre in Dublin hospital

I got my first dose on 21st Feb and 2nd on the 29th of May and know many who had a similar gap of around 14 weeks. So I would expect that you would hear from them soon.

I also had first dose in a hospital but was got a text for 2nd dose in MVC and then also the hospital called few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab

Got my 1st AZ vaccine on April 9th in Citywest, just got a text for my 2nd on Friday in Citywest also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Ms2011 wrote: »
    Got my 1st AZ vaccine on April 9th in Citywest, just got a text for my 2nd on Friday in Citywest also.

That's ten weeks between doses. A similar gap would have my second dose on Wednesday 30th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes - J&J
    First Pfizer dose yesterday at 330pm.

Work up with sore arm and, unusually, sore toes in both feet (outer 2-3 toes on each foot are achey and a little sore to walk on).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

Yes - J&J
    If you get your vaccine at local GP, i assume no need to register on the HSE portal?

Reason being am curious how the HSE would be updated that you are fully vaccinated for when its possible to apply for travel passport? ie. put on your record

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭spookwoman

BArra wrote: »
    If you get your vaccine at local GP, i assume no need to register on the HSE portal?

Reason being am curious how the HSE would be updated that you are fully vaccinated for when its possible to apply for travel passport? ie. put on your record

No need to register on portal if your are getting it from your GP. Got mine through the GP and once you have your card that should be it.

First jab 4 weeks ago no problems red mark on arm and the area was a little tender.
    Got my 2nd pfizer on Monday and arm was sore the first night, was tired, out of sorts most of the day and slept.
    Tonight my arm is like a wresters and sore, aches all over, headache and running a fever. Sods law it's raining so can't leave my windows open fully to let air in and help cool me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

BArra wrote: »

Multi way communucation system between the hse gps the pcrs pharmacists called covax built by salesforce. Although gps have not been allocated log in codes yet so cannot look up data on this system yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Just got my first one over here in Germany on Monday. Astra.

I was signed up with the Government Site for ages. But knowing that at 42 I was not in any high priority group for health or age.

I was aware that recently GPs were getting a small supply too for a few weeks now but mostly ignored this.

Then on Monday I thought "Ok sick of waiting" and went into my GP just to check with him how things are working. Right on the spot he said "Actually I got 2 in today so one of them is now yours" and he did me there and then.

Have to wait till middle of September for the next one though. Germany seem to be going with the 12 weeks policy which suggests 12 weeks is the best time to wait for maximum coverage and efficacy. Slightly unfortunate as I only get the Vaccine Passport after the second one. Would have liked to have had that for planned Holidays in August.

Don't think I suffered any of the side effects other people have listed from having got it. Some people saying they were brought down by all kinds of horrible flu like symptoms. I did have a moderate and highly distracting headache the next day (yesterday) for a couple of hours. But the weather over here took a turn for the very hot and humid so it was as likely that as the vaccine that caused it as I always get a headache over here when the Summer hits hard.

By 9pm last night I was head ache free and went out for my usual 12k run. So all good. Feel entirely normal today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yes - J&J
    Spain, 43, just got my 1st Pfizer dose this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Yes - Moderna second jab
    abff wrote: »
    Has anyone had their second AZ appointment yet? I had my first jab 7 weeks ago and I’m trying to figure out how long it will be before I get the second.

EDIT: I see that 8 people are listed above as having had their second AZ jab. When did you get the first one and how long was the interval between that and the second one?

Got my second one on Saturday. Today would have been 16 weeks exactly since my first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Second Pfizer jab last Saturday. Itchiness and a few slight rashes yesterday and today. Not sure if its related, didn't have this after the first one.

Checked around for a side effect thread but didn't find any.:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Yes - J&J
    Hoping to get my second Pfizer on Friday. Should get the text this afternoon if everything on schedule.

Slightly sore arm the next day was the only thing I noticed with the first jab.

Are the SMS messages going out exactly 28 days after the first? Starting to feel anxious that they will forget about me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes - J&J
    Have a recurrence of gout no issue for 2 years. Felt fourth toe on left foot sore the morning after the vaccine and in lots of pain now.

Don't think it's coincidental but will check with doctors.

FTR, it seems that this could happen with any vaccine, not just the Covid ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Yes - J&J
    Got first Pfizer dose at weekend, sore arm for a few days, bit of itchiness last few days and last night muscle aches and joint pain. Absolutely fine apart from that and its nothing paracetamol isn't helping with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    My wife, aged 66, got a text yesterday giving her an appointment for her second AZ jab next Monday in UCD. This will be exactly 8 weeks after her first jab in City West.

I had my first AZ jab 5 days before her, but no word yet on my second jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Registered a couple of weeks ago but somewhat doubtful about (just a little), due to reports of adverse effects / deaths.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes - J&J
    First Pfizer last night, no side effects so far aside from a sore muscle in my arm where the injection went in. It's only sore when I lift my arm up though, grand sitting at the desk. The vaccinator told me to keep moving it last night which I did a bit but obviously not enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Hoping to get my second Pfizer on Friday. Should get the text this afternoon if everything on schedule.

Slightly sore arm the next day was the only thing I noticed with the first jab.

Are the SMS messages going out exactly 28 days after the first? Starting to feel anxious that they will forget about me :D

When my mam rang about her 2nd vaccine she was told it could be up to 5 days after the 28 days.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Have a recurrence of gout no issue for 2 years. Felt fourth toe on left foot sore the morning after the vaccine and in lots of pain now.

Don't think it's coincidental but will check with doctors.

FTR, it seems that this could happen with any vaccine, not just the Covid ones.

My husband got the worst cold sore he'd had in years after his vaccine, I think if there is anything lying dormant there is it a chance it can be awakened but as you say that could happen with any vaccine.

Advertisement