Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Yes - J&J
    Ms2011 wrote: »
    When my mam rang about her 2nd vaccine she was told it could be up to 5 days after the 28 days.

Yep, got my text today with an appointment on Monday. So 31 days between jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Got my first jab today, the nurse who administered made an interesting comment

Nurse = " have you been eager to get this "

Me = " not especially, really only getting it so I can travel ,I probably wouldn't bother with it only for that "

Nurse = " I'd be the same "

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Got my first jab today, the nurse who administered made an interesting comment

Nurse = " have you been eager to get this "

Me = " not especially, really only getting it so I can travel ,I probably wouldn't bother with it only for that "

Nurse = " I'd be the same "

Chances are if you got Covid it'd be mild, the incidence rate is going down, and so I think quite a few are wondering if they should get it at all given the long term effects of the vaccine are unknown and it's still officially not approved. Plus there are many thousands of reported adverse effects that may or may not be connected.

Of course, chances are any effects will show up very soon after having the jab.

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    riveratom wrote: »
    Chances are if you got Covid it'd be mild, the incidence rate is going down, and so I think quite a few are wondering if they should get it at all given the long term effects of the vaccine are unknown and it's still officially not approved. Plus there are many thousands of reported adverse effects that may or may not be connected.

Of course, chances are any effects will show up very soon after having the jab.

been mildly nauseous all evening and arm is quite sore , other than that , nothing unusual so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Yes - J&J
    Daniel2021 wrote: »
    I didnt have this with the covid vaccine but when I got a tetanus jab it happened. Malfunction with the needle apparently. I had to get a second one. Definitely check with your GP.

You had to get a second tetanus jab? That's unfortunate. One is bad enough. Worst jab ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Arm quite sore last night and this morning- moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Yes - Moderna second jab
    First AZ jab in Feb, didn't feel great for a few days afterwards. Second AZ jab yesterday, no issues, slightly tired.

My vagina is sore though, which is weird because I'm a man. Stupid AstraZenica!

Update:

3 weeks on and no issues. I didn't have any side effects after the second jab, bar a sore arm for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yes - Moderna first jab
    3 weeks on and no issues. I didn't have any side effects after the second jab, bar a sore arm for a few days.

How's the vagina?

Still waiting on second, first early April

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Arm quite sore last night and this morning- moderna

Same here ,moderna also

Only got it to keep Mrs happy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Same here ,moderna also

Only got it to keep Mrs happy

ah you re better off, you ll be able to do stuff with it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭klr87

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    I got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. 25 hours later, and (touch wood) still no side effects, apart from a slightly sore arm - but less sore than after the first shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes - J&J
    2nd Dose Pfizer this morning :) GP actually mentioned its their last week of Vacinations, I think her clinic was only dealing with high risk cohort and earlier, those over 70"s. Great job by all and need to be congratulated :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got my second AZ vaccine today, that's two for two, stick a fork (and not more needles) in me I'm done :D

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I got my second AZ jab today. In bed since 5.30pm. No energy no appetite and my sinuses are at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    klr87 wrote: »
    I got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. 25 hours later, and (touch wood) still no side effects, apart from a slightly sore arm - but less sore than after the first shot.

Same pretty much here. Second moderna yesterday and arm started to get a little bit sore through the day and am feeling a bit tired and sluggish tonight but that not necessarily due to vaccine. Barely a tickle after first shot, funny how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

I got my first dose of Pfizer on Monday. Had sore arm the usual, and then Tuesday all my muscles were really sore and tender. Had a good sleep that night but every night since then I’ve had absolutely insane dreams and nightmares and keep waking up every half hour so. Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my 2nd AZ this week. After horrific symptoms with the first dose I was expecting to feel rough but had none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my second AZ jab today, so far so good.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    snowgal wrote: »
    I got my first dose of Pfizer on Monday. Had sore arm the usual, and then Tuesday all my muscles were really sore and tender. Had a good sleep that night but every night since then I’ve had absolutely insane dreams and nightmares and keep waking up every half hour so. Anyone else get this?

Maybe not related at all to the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Hodger

Yes - J&J
    I was contacted and offered Pfizer mid week, I accepted filled in the online form and got my first Jab today. Just felt a slight pinch getting the Injection no issues or side effects post Jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Quick question: Can anyone tell me what's checked when you arrive for your appointment? Your ID is checked I assume, do you give them appointment number or anything else? Do they check you're appointment time for the day?

I have my first appointment next Tuesday afternoon in the Aviva. Unfortunately this coincides with a medical appointment I've been waiting months for which I really don't want to have to cancel (and probably wait several more months for), nor do I wish to postpone vaccination as I'm very anxious/keen to get it.

What I'm wondering is what leeway there is if I were to turn up at say 12pm instead of 2pm.

I'm hoping I'd be able to explain my situation and get vaccinated slightly earlier in the day than scheduled but wary of being turned away.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

If you ring up & cancel the jab you generally get a new appointment 2 or 3 days later going by the experience of family, friends and colleagues, in Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Anyone elses gut playing up since they got the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

Had my second Moderna vaccine and wasn't expecting any side-effects apart from the sore arm which I'd had for 48 hours after the first dose. The second dose was a different story. After about eight hours I started feeling thirsty and achy, as if I was coming down with flu. Went out for walk as I usually do at that time of evening. Cut it slightly short as I was feeling worse and worse. By the time I got home I had a temperature, chills, and aches, and I couldn't wait to lie down. Still felt unwell the next morning and stayed in bed until 11am, by which time the worst effects were starting to lift, but I felt drained all day and had a strange taste in my mouth, and had to take the morning off work.

Yes - J&J
    If you ring up & cancel the jab you generally get a new appointment 2 or 3 days later going by the experience of family, friends and colleagues, in Dublin anyway.

I'll second that, with the Hospital systems still struggling re cyber attacks I'd be strongly advising anyone with a long awaited medical appointment do not postpone it. Rearranging a vacinne appointment much easier and new appointment will be offered very quickly. This programme running independently and not affected by cyber attack (Thankfully)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

blobert wrote: »
    Quick question: Can anyone tell me what's checked when you arrive for your appointment? Your ID is checked I assume, do you give them appointment number or anything else? Do they check you're appointment time for the day?

I have my first appointment next Tuesday afternoon in the Aviva. Unfortunately this coincides with a medical appointment I've been waiting months for which I really don't want to have to cancel (and probably wait several more months for), nor do I wish to postpone vaccination as I'm very anxious/keen to get it.

What I'm wondering is what leeway there is if I were to turn up at say 12pm instead of 2pm.

I'm hoping I'd be able to explain my situation and get vaccinated slightly earlier in the day than scheduled but wary of being turned away.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'd go to the vaccination early. They are more interested that you are there on the right day. Because that determines the vaccine you are getting. They just glance quickly at your phone to check the date is right. There won't be any issue being a few hours early. Good luck with both appointments

Yes - J&J
    freida wrote: »
    I'd go to the vaccination early. They are more interested that you are there on the right day. Because that determines the vaccine you are getting. They just glance quickly at your phone to check the date is right. There won't be any issue being a few hours early. Good luck with both appointments

Honestly, I don't think this wise, time and time again people are being advised not to do this, I understand its a helpful suggestion but I genuinely believe the OP will get a new appointment quickly for vacinne but will not be so lucky if they postponed a long awaited medical appointment. I speak from experience, scans and other appointments and I've seen first hand the chaos in hospitals re the Cyber Attack. Ultimately he OP will have to make a call on this, I'm just advising caution re medical appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yes - Moderna first jab
    freida wrote: »

Wonder why at Waterford there is a sign in the car park that says something like "Please stay in your car until 3 minutes before you appointment" and they check what time your appointment is twice before they even let you in the door?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    I couldn’t make my second dose appointment so I rang and asked if I could come a different time that day. I was told that it would be unlikely that I would be allowed in until after my appointment time so I’d say you’re better off going later, if you can, rather than early.

I had to reschedule mine. I’m still waiting for a new appointment since Tuesday. They told me it could be up to 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think this wise, time and time again people are being advised not to do this, I understand its a helpful suggestion but I genuinely believe the OP will get a new appointment quickly for vacinne but will not be so lucky if they postponed a long awaited medical appointment. I speak from experience, scans and other appointments and I've seen first hand the chaos in hospitals re the Cyber Attack. Ultimately he OP will have to make a call on this, I'm just advising caution re medical appointments.

I never suggested they miss their medical appointment. I dont think anyone here is qualified to advise that lol.
    I said it wouldn't be a problem if they turned up a few hours early for their vaccine. People have to do it every day for school collections etc.
    And I think you are right they will probably get another appt very promptly particularly in the bigger centres. No point being stressed out about it either

Advertisement