Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Just checked the HSE website and I have an appointment for next Tuesday morning for my second AZ jab.

I haven’t received a text message from them. I’d recommend checking the website if you are waiting for an appointment as their text system does not appear to be functioning 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes - J&J
    freida wrote: »
    I never suggested they miss their medical appointment. I dont think anyone here is qualified to advise that lol.
    I said it wouldn't be a problem if they turned up a few hours early for their vaccine. People have to do it every day for school collections etc.
    And I think you are right they will probably get another appt very promptly particularly in the bigger centres. No point being stressed out about it either

Calm down and read my post again, this is not about medical advice, I claimed no such expertise, it's about weighing up missing a long awaited medical appointment or re booking a vacinne appointment. As I've stated quite clearly, this is for the OP to decide but suggesting anyone can just turn up willy nilly for a vacinne is just absurd given the very clesr advice that the centre's and HSE have been giving out for months.

More concerning would be a cancelled long awaited medical appointment and this I do have experience of, it is strongly recommended not to do this notwithstanding substantial and worsening waiting list and the cyber attack which is seriously impacting hospitals, something I've witnessed first hand.

I'm not at all stressed about it or anything for that matter , just trying to give so helpful but practical advise.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Calm down and read my post again, this is not about medical advice, I claimed no such expertise, it's about weighing up missing a long awaited medical appointment or re booking a vacinne appointment. As I've stated quite clearly, this is for the OP to decide but suggesting anyone can just turn up willy nilly for a vacinne is just absurd given the very clesr advice that the centre's and HSE have been giving out for months.

More concerning would be a cancelled long awaited medical appointment and this I do have experience of, it is strongly recommended not to do this notwithstanding substantial and worsening waiting list and the cyber attack which is seriously impacting hospitals, something I've witnessed first hand.

I'm not at all stressed about it or anything for that matter , just trying to give so helpful but practical advise.

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'm not feeling too good after my second AZ vaccine yesterday, no headache this time but feel like I've been hit by a train. Just back from the cinema with the kids, God I thought the film would never end!

Yes - Moderna first jab
    abff wrote: »
    Just checked the HSE website and I have an appointment for next Tuesday morning for my second AZ jab.

I haven’t received a text message from them. I’d recommend checking the website if you are waiting for an appointment as their text system does not appear to be functioning 100%.

In fairness to the HSE, I got a phone call from them this afternoon to tell me about my appointment on Tuesday. They said that they had sent me a text, but had got a message back saying the text was undeliverable. So I guess the system is working better than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Yes - J&J
    Is there no way to update a response to the poll? I'm sure plenty of people who said they had their first jab have had their second by now.

The results will be meaningless without the option to post an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes - J&J
    Wonder why at Waterford there is a sign in the car park that says something like "Please stay in your car until 3 minutes before you appointment" and they check what time your appointment is twice before they even let you in the door?

Probably to stop a large queue buildup. They know how many people they can process at any time so it's manageable if they can get people to arrive at the appropriate time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yes - Moderna second jab
    I dont know if this will be any use to anyone but I got my second az vaccine friday 9 days ago and my pulse has been all over the place since particularly the last few nights I'm finding it very hard to sleep heading to get it checked out Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I dont know if this will be any use to anyone but I got my second az vaccine friday 9 days ago and my pulse has been all over the place since particularly the last few nights I'm finding it very hard to sleep heading to get it checked out Monday

Thanks for the info Brian. Hope everything checks out ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Yes - J&J
    Got my first pfizer jab last week in croker operation was as slick as the football team most associated there, fair play to those who do a fine job, had a little pain in my arm for a couple of hours all good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi has anyone been to a centre to get the vaccine

Are you allowed bring your baby along?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    skydish79 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone been to a centre to get the vaccine

Are you allowed bring your baby along?

No you aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Yes - J&J
    Pfizer first jab at 16:30

Woke up at 2am with chills....
    Next day sore arm and felt tired.... Slept 14 hours.....

Following day back to myself.... All gone within 24h

Waiting for second... Wondering if its going to br worse....i tend to worry tooooo much...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Yes - J&J
    Got second Pfizer jab about 4 hours ago. Bit of an ache developing in the arm and I’ve gotten quite tired all of a sudden. Totally bearable so far though so we’ll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Had my first jab on Saturday morning, Moderna. Apart from a slightly stiff arm in the evening I had no other side effects thankfully. Hopefully the second jab is as smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer this afternoon. 5 hours later and still fine. But paracetamol at the ready just in case :)

Update: 24 hours after the jab and no problems experienced other than a slightly sore arm at the injection site.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Second AZ this morning. Feeling a bit tired, but otherwise OK. All went very smoothly apart from the traffic into and out of City West.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer yesterday. Incredibly tired today, feel like I haven’t slept at all. Barely any pain just seriously tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Yes - J&J
    snowgal wrote: »
    I got my first dose of Pfizer on Monday. Had sore arm the usual, and then Tuesday all my muscles were really sore and tender. Had a good sleep that night but every night since then I’ve had absolutely insane dreams and nightmares and keep waking up every half hour so. Anyone else get this?

I had no reaction to the first one, besides the sore arm.
    Got the second one yesterday. I woke up every hour during the night. Not wide awake though, was able to go back asleep.
    I felt like I had the start of the flu today. I could have powered through, but didn't bother.
    Also the second jab stings like f*ck for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Yes - J&J
    Got my 2nd dose of pfizer on Tuesday at 9:10am. Felt ok Tuesday all tuesday, then about 4am I woke up feeling unwell. Felt sick all day Wednesday but woke up this morning and felt a lot better. Still a tiny bit groggy, but relatively back to normal. My arm wasn't as sore this time. First dose it was sore for maybe 3 days, this time only for a day at most.

Relieved to be over it now. Will definitely get a booster at Christmas or whenever it's offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer yesterday, sore arm today, rotten headache and serious fatigue... took some strong painkillers all good, well as good as you can be with Codeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,364 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    OH got second AZ yesterday, feeling fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Did anyone elses arm pain travel into the elbow ? Out of the blue today my upper arm is less sore but my elbow is aching ?

Yes - Moderna first jab
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did anyone elses arm pain travel into the elbow ? Out of the blue today my upper arm is less sore but my elbow is aching ?

I may be totally off the mark here, but I think that soreness in the arm may be due to how well the injection of the vaccine was done. Mine with both done by trained nurses and I’ve had no issues other than a bit of general tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Have to bring my mother (63) for her 2nd jab first thing tomorrow in UCD. Anyone know how efficient they are? Her first one was in Citywest, and that quite quick.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I may be totally off the mark here, but I think that soreness in the arm may be due to how well the injection of the vaccine was done. Mine with both done by trained nurses and I’ve had no issues other than a bit of general tiredness.

In fairness the vaccinator was a trained nurse and her technique was good . I think it varies a lot with people how they react

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Yes - J&J
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    In fairness the vaccinator was a trained nurse and her technique was good . I think it varies a lot with people how they react

My first dose I didn't even feel it break the skin. I felt it touching the skin, like a toothpick or something, but not going in. Still had a sore arm after.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    derfderf wrote: »
    My first dose I didn't even feel it break the skin. I felt it touching the skin, like a toothpick or something, but not going in. Still had a sore arm after.

Maybe that’s the reason why you had a sore arm afterwards?

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Maybe that’s the reason why you had a sore arm afterwards?

The reason you have a sore arm is that the muscle gets inflamed and has minute damage .Muscle inflammation can be felt differently by people .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

Yes - J&J
    Got first Pfizer Wednesday 6pm , sore arm didn't sleep great. Work Thursday busy didn't notice much but last night didn't sleep great again and absolutely wrecked today . Normally train everyday but all I wanna do is lie on the couch . Hopefully passes soon .

Advertisement