Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

NSAman wrote: »
    Getting J&J on Wednesday coming. One shot. Happy I don’t have to have two. Will let you know how it goes.

Didn't know J&J deliveries had arrived in Ireland yet? Obvs great news and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Getting J&J on Wednesday coming. One shot. Happy I don’t have to have two. Will let you know how it goes.

Do you mind me asking how you know which one you get ?
    Great you are getting J and J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yes - AZ second jab
    Didn't know J&J deliveries had arrived in Ireland yet? Obvs great news and best of luck!
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how you know which one you get ?
    Great you are getting J and J

Sorry I should have clarified... living in the States .... open vaccination clinic for 1000 people happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I haven’t but have relatives and friends report back:
    Elderly relatives (80s and 90s), they we’re fine, had Pfizer
    Health care worker friends and relatives, one in 40s had Pfizer, slight sore arm only, two others aged in 20s and 50s had AZ, claims it’s like being run over by a bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I had the two pfizer vaccinations back in January. The day after the first one I had a very sore arm, not just at the injection site but a very sore, heavy feeling in all my arm. Other than that absolutely fine!

Three weeks later I got the second vaccine and the day after I felt absolutely awful. I had no energy, I got dizzy and breathless when I moved around. I was sweating one minute and freezing the next. Overall, just felt absolutely miserable. The following day a lot better but still not quite right. Two days after the vaccine all side-effects worn off.

It was a tough couple of days but I would absolutely consider it worth it to have the vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I had the two pfizer vaccinations back in January. The day after the first one I had a very sore arm, not just at the injection site but a very sore, heavy feeling in all my arm.

I've a relation working in the medical area and he told me people should always get any injection or vac into their weaker arm in case of any reaction, he told me of one case where a person got an awful bad reaction from the ordinary flu vac on their main (right) arm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭beachhead

GoneHome wrote: »
    I've a relation working in the medical area and he told me people should always get any injection or vac into their weaker arm in case of any reaction, he told me of one case where a person got an awful bad reaction from the ordinary flu vac on their main (right) arm

Always advised and individual should always be asked which hand they write with:-left hand you get jab in right arm and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Yes - Moderna first jab
    ddarcy wrote: »
    Yep 12 weeks.

Something interesting from the US now is if you come to the US and have taken an FDA approved vaccine, you’re restrictions /entry requirements will be less. Currently AstraZeneca has not been approved. Given I have to travel a lot to the US, if it’s not been approved by the second vaccination, I’ll have no choice but to opt out of it and do the Johnson and Johnson one instead. Will be interesting especially as Dr Fauci stated yesterday that the US won’t need it.
    I wouldn't opt out if i were you.

My organisation made me sign a waiver stating that i would be taking the vaccine before my details could be submitted. If i were to tell them i wasn't going to take it, my details were to be forwarded to the HSE as a non-recipient and i would be removed from the registry. There was no asking why i didn't want that particular one etc.

If you get called and say no because it's not the one you want, you're either going to be waiting until the very end (whenever the hell that is) and still not have a choice. Or, knowing the HSE, you won't get called at all and you'll have to somehow figure out how to get what you need by a needlessly complicated and drawn out process where each person you speak to is more clueless than the last.

I don't think people understand what a complicated and difficult rollout this is for even a well-run organisation. And the HSE is organising it.

Edit - maybe you'll be able to travel and get it privately in the States actually, in which case go for your life you lucky b'tard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

beachhead wrote: »
    Always advised and individual should always be asked which hand they write with:-left hand you get jab in right arm and vice versa

When I was getting my flu vaccine I was always told this. Thought nothing of it until the last flu vaccine and my arm was sore for a day. Still had to push myself with both arms though

Yes - AZ second jab
    Ok 6 hours after vaccination with J&J and nothing. No sore arm nothing.

The vaccine card I forgot to take and had to go back and pick it up (dork that I am). Not feeling anything at the moment effects wise. Will sleep and see how we feel in the morning.

Usually with flu jabs they knock me for 6 the day after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Aunt in 70s recently moved into Galway area nursing home; previously had been living in her own home but having increasing memory issues, so when close relative went into home, she did as well. Not sure which vaccine received, but fine for a day, then felt ill and fell into a coma. Died 7 days after vaccination. Supposedly, doctors still saying death of "unknown cause." We're left wondering.

My 92-year-old mother and I have been consciously working on immunity since last March following the Undoctored program (no wheat, grains, sugar, additives with 45g net carbs/day as 15g net carb per meal). Mom off 8-9 medications now and no longer has any comorbidities to escalate Covid risk except her age; we followed all Covid guidance in California. Her blood values are optimal.

She is being tested for antibodies Friday with a Johnson & Johnson scheduled here on Sunday in States from local pharmacy. Have heard that vaccination with antibodies present and/or with current Covid infection is not advisable, so we're testing prior to any vaccine for her. We can book our own online from a slew of different pharmacies, large mass facilities, etc. We can choose which vaccine of Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson according to availability at the site we choose online.

I will not be getting vaccinated, as of now, because of immune strategies taken. Following most of the prophylactic Covid protocol from Eastern Virginia Medical School Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol

Yes - AZ second jab
    Ok, a few aches and pains in the joints this morning but NOTHING compared to the flu jab last year.

Amazing that I had no issues as normally I have aches, pains and feel like death warmed up after a flu shot.

Happy out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'm interested in knowing how you get on too.

Were you part of a certain demographic to be offered the J&J?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yes - J&J
    That's great NSAMan, how long with J&J until considered immune (or as much as possible)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭uli84

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I haven’t but have relatives and friends report back:
    Elderly relatives (80s and 90s), they we’re fine, had Pfizer
    Health care worker friends and relatives, one in 40s had Pfizer, slight sore arm only, two others aged in 20s and 50s had AZ, claims it’s like being run over by a bus!

My husband has just had AZ and agrees :/ 2nd day sick off work

Yes - AZ second jab
    Tazz T wrote: »
    I'm interested in knowing how you get on too.

Were you part of a certain demographic to be offered the J&J?

It was offered as part of a mass vaccination, I just applied online. I was by no means the youngest person there. Think people were just happy. Criteria were you had to be over 18 years of age. You had to fill out a health questionnaire and it gave you access if approved.

I was surprised that the whole day was not filled, there were spaces available all afternoon.
    pc7 wrote: »
    That's great NSAMan, how long with J&J until considered immune (or as much as possible)?

Apparently effective after 2 weeks but 4 weeks totally active.

Had been waiting for weeks and was informed by mass phone call, then the evening before my doctors surgery sent a text to get vaccinated on Thursday or Friday 7th or 8th. Like buses they all come at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Just had my first Modena jap and feel perfect.. really looking forward to the final injection in 30 day time already have appointments my GP is a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Night owl gal

I got the AZ today, feel fine so far, will report back. I had it in a clinic near the hospital, very well done and organized:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Getting AZ tomorrow in Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Got AZ tuesday. Felt rough yesterday had a fever and headaches and bodyaches. But I was back to normal today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Two sisters vaccinated . Husband , brother ,another sister and BIL all got dates today
    All in 70-75 group ! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my AZ on Sunday arm is still sore, bad nausea and cramps only fading away this afternoon, I'm very worried about the possibility of a clot as I have the leg issues for ages now. But it's done and what ever happens happens 11 weeks and 3 days until jab number 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Got AZ in Citywest on Tuesday. Bit of an ache in the arm next day. Small headache. Ibuprofen and all good!

Yes - AZ second jab
    Ok let me take back a few comments.

Fine this morning, went to work. After lunch massive headache, chills, felt awful.

The couch in the office provided a bed for a few hours. Woke up, sweaty, headache almost gone, just feeling tired now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It was offered as part of a mass vaccination, I just applied online. I was by no means the youngest person there. Think people were just happy. Criteria were you had to be over 18 years of age. You had to fill out a health questionnaire and it gave you access if approved.

I was surprised that the whole day was not filled, there were spaces available all afternoon.

Apparently effective after 2 weeks but 4 weeks totally active.

Had been waiting for weeks and was informed by mass phone call, then the evening before my doctors surgery sent a text to get vaccinated on Thursday or Friday 7th or 8th. Like buses they all come at the same time.

What was the mechanism for applying online? Are you in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,587 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tazz T wrote: »
    What was the mechanism for applying online? Are you in Ireland?

He's in the US.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Ms2011 wrote: »
    Getting AZ tomorrow in Citywest.

All done and dusted, feeling fine so.
    Must say Citywest is very well organised.

Me and the rest of the class are looking forward to getting are first vaccinations on Monday the instructors already got their first dose a few weeks ago, hopefully things will start returning to normal sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Ms2011 wrote: »
    All done and dusted, feeling fine so.
    Must say Citywest is very well organised.

Just incase you do get side effects keep drinking water, take paracetamol if needed and plenty of rest. It only lasts a few hours :)

But heres hoping you get no side effects of course :)

• Advertisement

Yes - Moderna first jab
    pew wrote: »
    Just incase you do get side effects keep drinking water, take paracetamol if needed and plenty of rest. It only lasts a few hours :)

But heres hoping you get no side effects of course :)

Thank you, I will keep all that in mind.

Advertisement