Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 [Mod notes in OP - Updated 29.01.21]

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

There's the West Ham I know and love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Was it TAA that sent the ball to Shaq? Quality cross field ball

Edit: Jones commentator just said.

Unreal all round. Ball out wide, ball back in and the finish. Incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thats a second yellow
    Tries a bicycle kick and kicked hendo in the head
    Same situation as when Mane got a red v City if u leave the ground with booth feet and kick and opponent on the head its a card, He should be off

That was nothing like Mane against City would you stop!

Great play for both goals from Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is Tyler suffering from some sort of ailment, perhaps his eyes, he is knocking on? Has several times now called out the wrong players for a pass or receiving a ball. Just there again said Curtis Jones involved in all three goals and that he played the ball to Shaq, was sure it was Trent meself.

Was it TAA that sent the ball to Shaq? Quality cross field ball

Edit: Jones commentator just said.

Tyler was wrong, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is Tyler suffering from some sort of ailment, perhaps his eyes, he is knocking on? Has several times now called out the wrong players for a pass or receiving a ball. Just there again said Curtis Jones involved in all three goals and that he played the ball to Shaq, was sure it was Trent meself.

Involved in 3 three goals but Liverpool only have 2, Tyler is in on the conspiracy. 0-3 Pool incoming :pac:

Involved in 3 three goals but Liverpool only have 2, Tyler is in on the conspiracy. 0-3 Pool incoming :pac:

Ooops..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Trent to Shaq to Salah to the back of the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Salah gotten so much criticism this season but is 3 goals clear in the race for the golden boot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Unconfirmed reports that the Metropolitan Police Service are waiting outside the London stadium ready to arrest Xherdan Shaqiri for an alleged assault in the first half.

Hopefully he gets out on bail for at least the Brighton game before inevitably going to prison for the rest of his life.

Salah gotten so much criticism this season but is 3 goals clear in the race for the golden boot.

He hadn't scored in the last 6 games, I think that's allowed be criticized given what he's capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This has been George Hamilton for about 10 years now

Salah scores two and then is dropping in at center back to head it clear at the back post. G'lad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

That goal reminded me the one Utd got against Arsenal at the Emirates in the CL over a decade ago.

Haven't seen much criticism. He's been excellent this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He hadn't scored in the last 6 games, I think that's allowed be criticized given what he's capable of.

He scored two last weekend against United.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some might say Tyler is impartial.
    Some might say he is a good commentator.
    But I think the comparison to Hamilton is correct.
    Simply awful and both really should retire I think.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    He scored two last weekend against United.

And scored against Villa 3 games before that

Nat Phillips is better than Harry Maguire. There I said it.

Bobbyyyyyyyy

• Advertisement

Silky goal. Lovely passing

West Ham get 1. Dawson again, been very good.

Unfortunate to see so many people on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter visibly THankful for another Liverpool injury when the Mane news broke.

No matter the rivalry or be it a player on your own team that you don't quite fancy, I don't think anyone should be happy to see a player injured.

Great for Liverpool today that it made little or no difference mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A great day for football with some cracking goals scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Given the very depleted Liverpool team, form of West Ham & top 6 rivals dropping more points this weekend, after dropping them midweek too, that's a big big win for Liverpool.

Maybe the obituaries were written too early?

• Silky goal. Lovely passing

Impressive from Liverpool today overall

West Ham showed some fear in the first half but overall not good enough and a fair result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Great week of results

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Expected a lot more from the in form Hammers but great from a makeshift Liverpool.
    Great week of football .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Impressive stuff from a patched up Liverpool side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Fitz* wrote: »
    Given the very depleted Liverpool team, form of West Ham & top 6 rivals dropping more points this weekend, after dropping them midweek too, that's a big big win for Liverpool.

Maybe the obituaries were written too early?

Was only liverpool fans who wrote off their title chances, they were never out of the race

• Advertisement

Wow!

What an incredible result for the Premier League Champions.

No Fabinho.
    No Gomez.
    No Jota.
    No Keita.
    No Mane.
    No Matip.
    No Van Dijk.

No Problem :)

Anyway, I'm off to watch a film. I'm going to watch Toy Story.

Tom Hanks (Woody) stars as a bitter has-been cowboy longing for the glory days where he was once number 1.

His behavior throughout the movie is petulant & immature & is even referred to as a "sad, strange little man" by his replacement, Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)

Can he correct his behavior before he goes too far & becomes everyones clown?

I'll leave it at that, no spoilers for anyone who has yet to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fair play to Liverpool. Could barely find 11 players to tog out, had to play 1 player out of position and managed to pull the result out of the bag against all odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Salah the best player in the league by a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Wow!

No Fabinho.
    No Gomez.
    No Jota.
    No Keita.
    No Mane.
    No Matip.
    No Van Dijk.

Who goes out of today's squad for all these lads btw?

bangkok wrote: »
    Was only liverpool fans who wrote off their title chances, they were never out of the race

There was plenty said about Liverpool not being good enough all throughout the run of games from Christmas up until midweek.

Back in the hunt now again after 2 big wins away from home getting 6 from 6 while Leicester & Man United have got 1 in the same time, Spurs 0 so far but a game now.

Liverpool will still need City to drop points soon though, and also to beat City themselves. If those 2 can happen, then there is a big chance yes. But City dropping points is a must.

Fitz* wrote: »
    There was plenty said about Liverpool not being good enough all throughout the run of games from Christmas up until midweek.

Back in the hunt now again after 2 big wins away from home getting 6 from 6 while Leicester & Man United have got 1 in the same time, Spurs 0 so far but a game now.

Liverpool will still need City to drop points soon though, and also to beat City themselves. If those 2 can happen, then there is a big chance yes. But City dropping points is a must.

You'll be 7 behind City when they win their game in hand.

Hell, you're still behind United and we are rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RasTa wrote: »

Mane for Origi
    Bobby for Shaq
    Fabhino for Milner
    Gomez/Matip for Phillips
    VVD for Henderson
    Henderson for Gini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That’s the impressive part - that absolutely any of them fit would be starting in today’s team.

Obviously all wouldn’t be in simultaneously, since several play in the same positions - which is the other impressive part, to play that well on your 3rd or 4th tier of player in some areas.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mane for Origi
    Bobby for Shaq
    Fabhino for Milner
    Gomez/Matip for Phillips
    VVD for Henderson
    Henderson for Gini.

Henderson and Gini started today. VVD and Gomez are long term injuries. It happens.

Bobby came on didn't he?

Only really Fabhino injured so as mentioned, one player out.

• Advertisement

Henderson and Gini started today. VVD and Gomez are long term injuries. It happens.

Bobby came on didn't he?

Only really Fabhino injured so as mentioned, one player out.

?

From that list DVDM posted, there isn’t a single one that wouldn’t have started today if they were fit.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That’s the impressive part - that absolutely any of them fit would be starting in today’s team.

Obviously all wouldn’t be in simultaneously, since several play in the same positions - which is the other impressive part, to play that well on your 3rd or 4th tier of player in some areas.

You where only really missing Fabihno today.

However what you must do in order to compete is give that Gini fella whatever he is asking for.

I hope your owners are stupid and let him go for free in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

bangkok wrote: »

Really because you were saying during the week that West Ham's victory over Palace sent liverpool closer to the relegation zone!!!

You where only really missing Fabihno today.

However what you must do in order to compete is give that Gini fella whatever he is asking for.

I hope your owners are stupid and let him go for free in the summer.

You’ve lost me there... DVDM posted a list of names. Any of them fit would have started. There’s a lot of injuries, why bother bending over backwards to say otherwise... these conversations every week are getting a bit tedious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd with their alt-history again.

The Qanon of boards

Utd are in the best form they've been in for 5 years and Liverpool have been out of form for the last 2 months with their 1st choice CBs out injured. Now things are clicking for Liverpool even with a lazy Origi and an elderly Milner. Nat Phillips was perfect today against an in form West Ham.

And *when* United beat Sheffield they would have been 4 points clear of Liverpool. Except they didn't beat Sheffield because nothing is guaranteed in sport. Liverpool were 7 points clear of City a few years ago and City won the league with 1 point. Who's to say that doesn't happen again in reverse?

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You’ve lost me there... DVDM posted a list of names. Any of them fit would have started. There’s a lot of injuries, why bother bending over backwards to say otherwise... these conversations every week are getting a bit tedious...

You keep on bringing it up every week after every result.

You can't play the same players every game, especially having 3 games a week these days with 2 being the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Wow!

No Fabinho.
    No Gomez.
    No Jota.
    No Keita.
    No Mane.
    No Matip.
    No Van Dijk.

No Problem :)

Anyway, I'm off to watch a film. I'm going to watch Toy Story.

Tom Hanks (Woody) stars as a bitter has-been cowboy longing for the glory days where he was once number 1.

His behavior throughout the movie is petulant & immature & is even referred to as a "sad, strange little man" by his replacement, Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear)

Can he correct his behavior before he goes too far & becomes everyones clown?

I'll leave it at that, no spoilers for anyone who has yet to see it.

giphy.gif

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Yeah that's why I said that Liverpool need City to drop points. That's obvious.

As for your second pint - imagine your team is in their best form for about 7 seasons and is still m only one point ahead of a team missing half their regular first team players from last season who had their worst form in 4 years over the last 5 weeks. And also being too scared to trying beat them in the middle of that. Missed opportunity there. Could end up being a sliding doors moment.

You keep on bringing it up every week after every result.

You can't play the same players every game, especially having 3 games a week these days with 2 being the PL.

?

No I don’t... I replied to you..

Agreed with your second point, which is why having squad depth stripped away by injuries has sucked.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Hi, Marty.

I hope you're keeping well.

I'm really looking forward to Season 4 of Ozark.

I hope you enjoyed the game today.

YNWA.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement