Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2020-21 [Mod notes in OP - Updated 29.01.21]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lucky not to be a man down with that kick out.

Thats a red card all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Liverpool will be lucky to make top four there shocking at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thats a red card all day long.

Yep doesnt matter if he made contact or not he lashed out.

Liverpool will be lucky to make top four there shocking at the minute

Surely they will regroup at half time calm down and go at them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I thought Ox was meant to be the driving force from Liverpool's midfield, and the final piece of the jigsaw when he arrived?

Has done nothing to suggest he is anything more than a midfield version of Walcott.

• Advertisement

How on earth is that not a red? Fabinho looks directly at the Burnley striker and kicks him. Any other team in the league and he's sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Another muck cross from TAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Big Ears

How on earth is that not a red? Fabinho looks directly at the Burnley striker and kicks him. Any other team in the league and he's sent off.

I'm no Liverpool fan, and I couldn't care whether he's sent off or not.

However the real question should be, why are fans so happy to see the game go soft ?
    I mean that incident really is just handbags, no threat to anyone there and the point should be players on any other team shouldn't be sent off either.
    The reaction should be "Good, hopefully more referees aren't caught up giving soft reds" but instead we see bitching, willing every little touch of a player to see someone sent off.

Next people will start looking for players to be booked for not diving !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Lucky not to be a man down with that kick out.

Yes, Barnes should've gotten a yellow, if Fab got one, and should be off for his 2nd yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Robbie Brady is terrible.
    Not a Premiership level player imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

Big Ears wrote: »

However the real question should be, why are fans so happy to see the game go soft ?
    I mean that incident really is just handbags, no threat to anyone there and the point should be players on any other team shouldn't be sent off either.
    The reaction should be "Good, hopefully more referees aren't caught up giving soft reds" but instead we see bitching, willing every little touch of a player to see someone sent off.

Kicking out at a player has been a red card for a long time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ben Mee is a scummy player.

Big Ears wrote: »

I've been watching football since the late 70s and I personally think the game has been ruined by the points you've just made. However, thats the way the game is gone and you have to have consistency in the rules and thats a red card according to the rules.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Ben Mee is a scummy player.

Harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

munster87 wrote: »
    Kicking out at a player has been a red card for a long time?

And you call what happened there a kick-out? And only by Fabinho, I'm sure?

The camera angle was distant so hard to make out what happened - looks harmless like a tangle of legs. Both players seemed to do the same thing.

If Fab is given a red for that, then so should Barnes.
    If Fab is given a yellow for that (he was), then so should Barnes (he wasn't).

I think neither player should've been booked or sent off. It was nonsense.

Harsh

Broke Joe Gomes leg before with an OTT tackle.

Broke Wesley's leg with a similar challenge.

Far from harsh.

Europa leauge next year should be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I've been watching football since the late 70s and I personally think the game has been ruined by the points you've just made. However, thats the way the game is gone and you have to have consistency in the rules and thats a red card according to the rules.

Accepting things for the way the game has gone, is why we have keepers getting sent off (2nd yellow) for coming mm's off their line during a penalty.
    The more we just accept the problems of the game as "the way the game has gone" the worse things will become further still.

John Delaney might still be leading the FAI if journalists and fans had accepted that was just the way things are, rightly or wrongly.
    Widespread condemnation is the only thing that has the potential to eradicate this scurge that has become such a large part of the game.

While you're just one individual, your thoughts do have potential to influence others. The more people that speak out against the nonsense of what modern football has become, the greater a chance for change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Game on

Oops

• Advertisement

Boom delighted with that cmon Burnley hang on now for a huge win get ye away from bottom of the table clubs

Come on Burnley hang on. Get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Well this is interesting.

I said it this morning by the end of February United wil lbe mlre than 10 points ahead of Liverpool

I said it this morning by the end of February United wil lbe mlre than 10 points ahead of Liverpool

United are hardly mire 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Liverpool's title hopes are slipping away

Ben Mee having a stromer tonight, easily MOTM or is it now POTM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

brinty wrote: »
    Ben Mee having a stromer tonight, easily MOTM or is it now POTM...

Pope great game too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Liverpool remind me of klopps final season at dortmund. Ran hard without rotation for a couple seasons, then get a load of injuries, then the form falls away. Wonder can klopp fix it this time?

• Advertisement

Brillaint game to Watch totally enjoyed that.

Well done Burnley.

Delighted for Sean Dyche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pop goes the record. They were poor tonight and Burnley deserved it.
    Dyche outwits Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

That's a big oft.

Zero goals in 500+ minutes

67 games unbeaten run at home smashed.

Are Klopp and Liverpool done?

• Advertisement

Some performance, well done Burnley, Liverpool should really be looking at Sean Dyche if they're replacing Klopp any time soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

City's league

City's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Tiago has really turned this team into an attacking force. What a baller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice one, Burnley.

Liverpool haven't lost at home in nearly 7 minutes now. Fantastic record to be fair:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Wow, couldn't have imagined seeing Liverpool struggle like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Zero goals in 500+ minutes

67 games unbeaten run at home smashed.

Are Klopp and Liverpool done?

I think he has quite a bit of time banked. A premier League and champions League trophy tend to give you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

How many games is that now since Liverpool scored a goal never mind won a game?

Thought the problems would have been defensive with big Virgil out but seems like Salah's head is already on his next club?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

rob316 wrote: »
    I think he has quite a bit of time banked. A premier League and champions League trophy tend to give you that.

He wouldn't know he hasn't seen either won in a while.

Premier league win didn't save Ranieri. If this trajectory continues then it will be a struggle for top 6. When Thiago comes back he will turn things around.

If tonight is a sign of things to come i hope he uses up all his time on the bank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All huff and puff, Origi with the gilt edged opportunity that wasn't taken. Hard to see City not win the league now.

Even Anthony Martial has scored more league goals in 2021 so far than Liverpool.

...Unbelievable Jeff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    All huff and puff, Origi with the gilt edged opportunity that wasn't taken. Hard to see City not win the league now.

Sickening thing is city haven't turned up for half a season and will still walk away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There is no getting away from that Klopp is having mare this season.

He kept on playing full teams at the end of last season after he won the league, brought the team back early for pre season, played more games than anyone else. Then they got a rake of injuries after being driven into the ground by the manager. He kept them going through Christmas but then at the end of it he played the likes of Salah and Mane against the Aston Villa U20s. A week and a bit later he's resting Salah in a league game.

If he didn't have that league under his belt, there would be serious questions about his management this year. I'm not calling him. A bad manager but he's been pretty **** over the last 6-7 months.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement