Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

Awful first night of Mania, hopefully 2moro be better

agree, 4/10. Happy to see Cesaro winning but forgettable match. Everything on this show is forgettable. Dire situation in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyable night and really looking forward to tomorrow

Jesus power naps will be needed a lot between now and Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭showpony1

“Kick out from Sasha!” Is all I’ll remember from that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Highlights for me were Cesaro and Omos

Not a great show overall, hopefully tomorrow is an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mix & Morrison deserve a lot of credit for making Bad Bunny look good in the ring as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Feels like most of the matches were the undercard, and tomorrow is what would traditionally be the second half (I.e. the main events), so I can forgive some of the more bland matches.

But I much, much prefer this format of watching the show in two smaller, manageable shows, rather than seven hour monstrosities.

Sasha and Belair tearing up as the bell rings is probably one of the most genuinely pure moments I’ve ever seen in wrestling. Proper emotional stuff, where you saw how much it meant for these two black women to main event a Wrestlemania. A genuine Mania Moment.

Results all were brilliant overall, if predictable (other than Bobby).

The Bunny Destroyer was awesome.

Not sure why Tamina and Nattie keep getting pushed though. Feels like a missed opportunity. Why not give even the Riott Squad the title match? WWE seem to care more bout Nattie and Tamina more than the fans ever have or will.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mix & Morrison deserve a lot of credit for making Bad Bunny look good in the ring as well.

TBF Bunny did well if you didn't know you wouldn't think he was the celeb used

Delighted Cesaro won hopefully now a world title push

• Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bell to bell she's easily WWE's best ever female wrestler. Easily.

Sasha? She is good but there is better imho, she works best as a heel

I was surprised as the main event with her and Bianca delivered above my expectations, good on them both

I thought night 1 was pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

showpony1 wrote: »
    “Kick out from Sasha!” Is all I’ll remember from that match.

Michael Cole needs to go away as soon as is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hogan didn’t balls up the intro which I suppose is a plus.

I enjoyed night one and they started off with an audible from the weather. The opening match was good but it ended a bit suddenly for me.

The tag team turmoil had Mandy slipping on the entrance way which was unfortunate but I guess the ramp was slippy from the rain. Thank good for liv Morgan and ruby riott is all I can say because the women tried hard but it was sloppy and sweet Jesus why nattie and tamina ? Just why ?

The Cesaro vs Rollins match was good but it should have been given the two guys in the ring and right guy won.

Cage match was fine and something new at mania but Shane matching up with Braun at 51 is just so stupid.

Oh AJ and the big lad won the tag titles.

Miz and Morrison did a great job and bad bunny clearly put in work to not make a show of himself which is nice to see.

Bianca is a star and the match was great and Sasha did more than play her part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bianca rose to the top last night while Shayna Baszler is slumming it in an awful, and I mean awful after that tag team turmoil match, division.

It feels like they have finally righted the wrong of her never being NXT women's champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sasha? She is good but there is better imho, she works best as a heel

I was surprised as the main event with her and Bianca delivered above my expectations, good on them both

I thought night 1 was pretty good

Bell to bell i honestly can't think of anyone close. There's been female wrestlers in WWE who, if you include their stuff from outside the company then sure ye (basically the joshi talent they'd use in the 90s and probably Io Shirai) , but from a purely WWE pov Sasha is miles ahead of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't watched WWE in a while and forgot how much the constant camera cuts annoy me

Michael Cole botching the finish of the last match, moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Didn't bother watching last night, first mania in yonks I've had no interest in. Good to see the right wrestler won in most bouts bar one.

That womens tag match wtf... Tamina and nattie, let's wheel out recycle. Knowing our luck they'll win. It's a disgrace that the likes of Tamina and nia get these opportunities over the riott squad for example. They've toiled enough give them a mania moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I really didn't enjoy it last night and I fear its just wrestling in general I'm losing interest in. Splitting Mania up for me is wrong decision, last night just made the show feel like a normal PPV.

The fans added nothing to the experience, the camera cuts, the bunny's hopping down to the ring, The lack of care crafting a meaningful show.

I have been trying to see the good of things recently because I've been following WWE for years but last night did not feel like a Wrestlemania.

Should add I went to sleep during Bunny match, woke up to see Bianca lifting the belt so maybe that's why it didn't feel like a Mania, but overall Night 1 was poor in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Watched the first half last night but couldn't stay awake so finished it this morning. The fans were no real addition to be honest but maybe the conditions didn't help. Overall it didn't feel special, it was ok. Bad Bunny deserves credit he clearly worked hard to look passable. I thought Sasha and Bianca was good but I expected a little more, there wasn't a sense of jeopardy. You never really felt either was close to winning it until the finish. Bianca winning was the right call, unlike Michael Cole's call of the finish which was ridiculous.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Haven't watched WWE in a while and forgot how much the constant camera cuts annoy me

Same as you I don't watch a lot these days but turned it on this morning out of curiosity. I was quickly reminded how bad it was when there was around 8 camera cuts just for the Lashley McIntyre lockup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

sirmanga wrote: »
    We've gone from Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels to these two as a main event. My God. What a terrible time to be a fan. I'm out of here.

Dont let the door hit you on the way...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bell to bell i honestly can't think of anyone close. There's been female wrestlers in WWE who, if you include their stuff from outside the company then sure ye (basically the joshi talent they'd use in the 90s and probably Io Shirai) , but from a purely WWE pov Sasha is miles ahead of the rest.

Tbh I was trying to come up with someone to dispute that with you last night and couldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm convinced Natalya has it in her contract that she gets a PPV title match every year. She is always pushed into one despite no-one being interested in her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

So your telling me all those 5 star bra and panties match’s from yesteryear were a figment of my imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ShaneU wrote: »

What did Cole say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What did Cole say?

"SASHA KICKS OUT!!" just as the ref counted 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Typed as I was watching.

Roman in the front between Vince and Shane.
    Mia not wearing her mask. The rest of Retribution are though.
    Strange seeing everyone in their gear considering so many of them don't have a role on the show.

Well people want WWE to take ideas from ones like NJPW, so WWE stop for an "Act of God" delay.

I've said before but why don't they do the 3 hand drop thing anymore? Like Drew's arms were free enough for it, then he seemed pretty awake right away after.
    But surprised at the result. Lashley winning is the right result. Maybe can reform the Hurt Business now?

Billie doing a Mizdow, trying to copy Carmella.
    Out of the teams involved I think Riott Squad are the only ones poeple would want to win.
    Poor Mandy doing her best Ultimo Dragon impression.
    I saw someone say Tamina and Natalya shold've been in earlier to go through multiple teams, but did you see Tamina at the end? She was fecked!
    So a match on night 2 with Natalya, Tamina and Nia? Oh joy!
    Wonder do the ring announcers know who will win? So he knew Riott Squad wouldn't win but just didn't know the order?

When Seth is listing all the things he is in his campaign video, he doesn't meantion father/family man?
    I hate how they count the swings. He only did 19 rotations by my count.
    Happy to see Cesaro win.

AJ in a handicap match at the start. So basically taking everything from the tag champs and not losing.
    Thought they would have New Day win somehow, maybe by AJ tagging himself in for the pin followed by a rollup or something.

I guess a cage match means no Thomas the Tank Engine.
    Was wondering what those bags in the corners of the cage were for. Don't think we've ever seen them before.
    Shane taking it easy this year with the bump.

That how NXT superstars get on Mania? Dressing up as bunnies?
    Bad Bunny's entrance would've looked better if he stood up.
    This the first time seeing him without the glasses?
    okay Bunny was actually more impressive than I expected. Again, as i said before I think the pandemic helped with less commitments to keep him from training. But this wasn't just the usual show up, do a spot or 2 and that's it.
    Felt like a proper match rather than the usual celeb appearance.

The women's match not helped by the crying at the beginning. I know it's overwhelming but Sasha smiling for Bianca in a title match where they're meant to be rivals.
    honestly I wasn't too fussed who won it.
    The hair whip sound and drawing blood was a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭ThePott

Surprised at some of the negativity on here tbh. Thought it was a great showing. Even if the build was dire the matches were pretty good overall. Tag Team turmoil being the one major mess. The main event was fantastic and even the matches that I had little interest in were entertaining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ThePott wrote: »
    Surprised at some of the negativity on here tbh. Thought it was a great showing. Even if the build was dire the matches were pretty good overall. Tag Team turmoil being the one major mess. The main event was fantastic and even the matches that I had little interest in were entertaining.

I do think some of the problem this year is there wasn't a whole pile there for the casual viewer, so if you're out of the loop with the product (for a lot of understandable reasons) there's nothing there to care about really.

Even Bad Bunny, who is massive in the US is a relative unknown here like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭ThePott

Necro wrote: »
    I do think some of the problem this year is there wasn't a whole pile there for the casual viewer
    Good point, I do see a lot of people who seem to be opining for the Attitude Era. Personally I loved it but I get why if you weren't interested in the new era of talent that it could sour you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stayed up last night to watch it and have to agree with a good few people it was a fairly average show and didnt really feel like a WM PPV bar one or two matches.

1. I thought it was kinda silly having all the wrestlers stand behind Vince at the start all smiling , as someone mentioned it felt like someone had died and Vince with his botox(each to there own)
    2. The delay in starting the PPV due to the weather really showed how unprepared the majority of the roster are with doing a promo on the spot, now i dont blame the wrestlers its 100% wwe's fault for not allowing them to show there personalities on RAW/SD/PPV's (excluding KO and Rollins who pulled promos off)
    3. The Drew/Bobby match was a good start and good showing from both men, but the ending took away as the ref should have lifted Drews arm to show people oh he passed out, because a a few seconds later Drew has rolled out of the ring and just sitting there.
    4. The womens tag team tormoil should have been on the pre-show or SD and swapped it with the Andre The Giant Battle Royal imo, again no interest in Natalya/Tamina.
    5. Rollins/Cesaro was a decent match and glad Cesaro finally got the WM moment and won (but he will probably be jobbed out to Corbin on SD ha) Yea the counting of the swings annoyed me as they were not counting the full swings plus im pretty sure he stopped at 22 not 23.
    6. AJ/Omos vs New Day was grand and it made sense for AJ to do the majority of the work to hid Osmos lack of experience plus he will learn a lot working with AJ.
    7. Shane/Braun was just meh and made no sense, Braun should not be selling the leg kicks from Shane like he was (even though he got hit with a chair a few times) it just made him look weak against a 51 year old Shane. The whole storyline made no sense from the get go and Braun shouting "this is for everyone who was ever called stupid"
    8. Miz/Morrison vs Bad Bunny/Priest was better than I thought and have to give credit to Bad Bunny who clearly put in the work and would have thought Morrison would have taken the pin. But the calling the stinger splash a "Bunny Hop" made it instantly sound less cool or the "Bunny Destroyer".
    9. The Main Event was the star of the show imo, both women worked hard and both came off strong, delighted Bianca won as she has so much potential.

I know they said it was great to have a crowd again but personally it really missed the foreign fans to really create the atmosphere.
    I will try and watch tonights show but its going to be hard to stay up till 4am again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I keep up to date on the product but it seems for me finally the promotion has passed me by. I think years of shovelling **** and not caring about any continuity or crafting a proper narrative all resulting in such a meh show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The power of watching it the next day and skipping the stuff I'd no interest in meant I quite enjoyed that. Night two now something to look forward to when I'm in work tomorrow.

Advertisement