Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Roman Reigns Vs. Edge Vs. Daniel Bryan will be the last match, the main event

Thats the Sunday Liz, no doubt about that one.

I was refering to Saturday Night 1. Reckon Sasha and Belair will end that night and Drew and Bobbo open it. What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,712 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats the Sunday Liz, no doubt about that one.

I was refering to Saturday Night 1. Reckon Sasha and Belair will end that night and Drew and Bobbo open it. What you think?

Sorry I took you up wrong :o I would hope Seth Rollins vs. Cesaro but likely Shane McMahon vs. Braun Strowman in the steel cage match

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry I took you up wrong :o I would hope Seth Rollins vs. Cesaro but likely Shane McMahon vs. Braun Strowman in the steel cage match

God I just want Braun and Shane to be cancelled. It in no way deserves to main event and its such a juvenile angle.

I hope you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I see there is a movement to get Sasha and Bianca to main event because they "deserve it."

Go away out of that. The feud has been scutter and centred around a gymnast sommelier. It'll be a good match but so will plenty of matches on the card. Rhea flipping the table on Asuka showed more intensity in one segment than the entirety of the Sasha/Bianca storyline. Shouldn't be anywhere near the main event of either night, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How long will each night be ?

A lot of WWE next week

Mon- Raw
    Weds- NXT takeover Stand & Deliver 1
    Thurs- NXT takeover Stand & Deliver 2
    Fri- SD
    Sat- WM Night 1
    Sun- WM Night 2

• Advertisement

God I just want Braun and Shane to be cancelled. It in no way deserves to main event and its such a juvenile angle.

I hope you are wrong.

I hope I'm wrong too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I'd expect match 1 on night 1 to be a headliner as it will be the 1st wwe match in front of an audience in over a year, drew Bobby and banks belair will probably open and close night 1 but don't know which way around.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I see there is a movement to get Sasha and Bianca to main event because they "deserve it."

Go away out of that. The feud has been scutter and centred around a gymnast sommelier. It'll be a good match but so will plenty of matches on the card. Rhea flipping the table on Asuka showed more intensity in one segment than the entirety of the Sasha/Bianca storyline. Shouldn't be anywhere near the main event of either night, in my opinion.

Deserve? Such a strange term in wrestling. Arguably Ricochet "deserves" a push, wheres his movement!

The feud was hamstrung from the beginning. From Sasha panto like heel impression, to the copy n paste "can they co-exist" tag angle from nearly ever year in the last decade, to the motivations of Belair not running through someone talking **** to her, its been a sub standard build.

I agree it will be a good match, but its got a fraction of the heat it should have. Thats sadi, the men Raw build isnt much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

WrestleMania 12 featuring the Bret/Shawn Iron Man was 25 years ago yesterday. That was the first WrestleMania I watched live. Man, I feel old :eek:

WMVI was 31 years ago today btw. Thanks to 90s WWE on twitter for these reminders :pac:

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    WrestleMania 12 featuring the Bret/Shawn Iron Man was 25 years ago yesterday. That was the first WrestleMania I watched live. Man, I feel old :eek:

WMVI was 31 years ago today btw. Thanks to 90s WWE on twitter for these reminders :pac:

First one I watched live too IIRC. all others were on a delay on Sky, airing days/weeks alter (not that i noticed as a youngling)

Staying up made it a bigger deal for me and I was captivated by the Ironman match (first of its kind Id seen). Loved Michaels entrance and even more so the first signs of a Bret turn..... ah remember, slow burn turns in WWE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

First one I watched live too IIRC. all others were on a delay on Sky, airing days/weeks alter (not that i noticed as a youngling)

Staying up made it a bigger deal for me and I was captivated by the Ironman match (first of its kind Id seen). Loved Michaels entrance and even more so the first signs of a Bret turn..... ah remember, slow burn turns in WWE!

We'd only got Sky a few months before so anything I'd have seen prior to that was via a tape that would have done the rounds at school. That distance from the product added a certain mystique to everything - concepts such as a casket match or a ladder match blew my mind :pac:

They had me in the palm of their hand for that next 18 months with Bret and Austin. Good times :)

I won't even watch this years WM tbh. The product and presentation annoy me too much that I just can't be bothered.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    We'd only got Sky a few months before so anything I'd have seen prior to that was via a tape that would have done the rounds at school. That distance from the product added a certain mystique to everything - concepts such as a casket match or a ladder match blew my mind :pac:

They had me in the palm of their hand for that next 18 months with Bret and Austin. Good times :)

I won't even watch this years WM tbh. The product and presentation annoy me too much that I just can't be bothered.

I didnt get sky in until I could pay for it when I was 16, so for this event I was 10 and stayed over in my mates. Good memories.

Ah I am disheartened at the current product, but I will watch. That said, its been the closest I've ever been to not tuning in live in years. Had it been in the thunderdome still, i may not be bothered at all, the curiosity of the first live show has got me. Bryan added to the universal title match has helped immensely too.

Oddly, while I hate the gimmick and everything he has done since last maina, Im curious about the Fiend match. If its anything like his Mania match with Cena I will enjoy it.

I will mark out for a poop in a handbag reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say they'll have the Fiend match on later so it's darker for it

CastorTroy wrote: »

Will it be an actual match? If so, balls to that. I was hoping for a repeat of the funhouse match with Cena

I don't know, but I'd say since they have fans for the first time in over a year, they'll want to make it all live

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BT did some murals in the UK. Hebner being so prominent below makes me laugh.

ejl3gg8palq61.jpg

spm0r72h7lq61.jpg

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'm still surprised Orton went for this feud and match, most be mellowing out as older

Are they comparing Sasha/Bianca to Rock/Austin?
    And Becky caught a bad case of QR Code crotch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I’ve got this idea in my head that the WWE will show how tone deaf they can be by making the first entrance in front of a crowd to be none other than... Hulk Hogan!

Ugh

I’ve got this idea in my head that the WWE will show how tone deaf they can be by making the first entrance in front of a crowd to be none other than... Hulk Hogan!

Ugh

Hes a young up and comer..... he needs that exposure.

Its gonna be Steph unless Cena or Rock are available, which I imagine they are not.

• Advertisement

It'll be Hogan since he's the host and Titus.
    Or maybe we'll get the McMahon(s) first to welcome everyone and introduce the national anthem before the main show starts.
    Steph to sing the anthem? :)

Speaking of, any announcements for musical acts? Bad Bunny doing double duty? Maybe R Truth his way to the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ugh

It's crazy to think that if someone was watching Wrestlemania 1 back in 1985, that in 36 years later, Hulk Hogan would still be appearing at Mania - you probably wouldn't believe it.

There's this great video on youtube (pretty sure its the 1999 ESPN doc 'Pro Wrestling's Hold On America' but could be mistaken) where you see Hogan do a backstage skit in WCW and it cuts to him (moments later) and he says to the documentary camera "Beats working for a living" :pac:

Here's the documentary if anyone wants to watch it. Some interesting words spoken about steroid usage in wrestling :p Even McMahon saying how he "wont police it in WWF"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hes a young up and comer..... he needs that exposure.

Its gonna be Steph unless Cena or Rock are available, which I imagine they are not.

Cena seems to be in a bunker filming Wipeout at the moment so unlikely. Regarding the main event night 1 I'm almost always of the opinion the World Title should go on last.

Bianca and Sasha is not a WM Main Event feud, both have been utter manure since the Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ugh

Hogan out first as host with his totes bestie Titus then Banks/Bel Air to see out the main event of night one so WWE can lean into the first African-American one on one championship and real main event happens night two?
    PTH2009 wrote: »

Same as Venus.

Although I have been preferring the 2hr45ish PPVs with fewer matches of recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ugh

I've been looking at the night one card trying to figure out what you do as the opener, and I think it has to be the raw tag match, aj is a star, omos towering over everybody, then the new day entrance with big e because they always reunite at these shows.

It'll be hogan with piped in noise and awkward camera angles won't it......

Necro wrote: »
    Cena seems to be in a bunker filming Wipeout at the moment so unlikely. Regarding the main event night 1 I'm almost always of the opinion the World Title should go on last.

Bianca and Sasha is not a WM Main Event feud, both have been utter manure since the Rumble

I agree but neither is Drew v Bobbo, esp now that Baron Corbin is shoehorned in.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I've been looking at the night one card trying to figure out what you do as the opener, and I think it has to be the raw tag match, aj is a star, omos towering over everybody, then the new day entrance with big e because they always reunite at these shows.

It'll be hogan with piped in noise and awkward camera angles won't it......

While the feud itself has been lacking, I am interested to see Omos debut.... having him not wrestle has made it seem like a bigger deal.

I'd say Bianca/Sasha main eventing would be done since it's 2 days so can accommodate women another night and men the other night. Otherwise there'll be complaints.
    Also as Ridley said and I never thought of it, but the African American main event.
    Either way I'm sure there'll be crying at the end of it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

A lot of WWE next week

Mon- Raw
    Fri- SD
    Sat- WM Night 1
    Sun- WM Night 2

You missed the Hall of Fame on Tuesday - it's wall to wall WWE for Mania Week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A lot of WWE next week

Mon- Raw
    Fri- SD
    Sat- WM Night 1
    Sun- WM Night 2

I wonder if NXT shows will have a crowd. You'd think WWE would hold off on that till mania to add something special.

Advertisement