Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hope the fans in attendance aren't the "CM Punk!"/"We are awesome" crowd.

In a way I hope yhey are....this show is mostly awful in terms of build. Deserves to be shat all over

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't mind them sh!tting all over it if they do it in a more constructive way.
    Like remember when Bryan lost the title in 15 seconds? The fans let them know they supported him throughout the night.
    Why chant for Punk when there are many others they could support. Maybe look for Black, Ricochet or Gulak?
    Basically chant for what they want to see when they lose interest.
    Or be sure to chant "Bullsh!t!" if a match ends in a way that warrants it.

Will they start saying "Choo-choo!" for Braun?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope the fans in attendance aren't the "CM Punk!"/"We are awesome" crowd.

That tall guy with the long hair and presumably his mother will be front no doubt

Great to have the live crowd again though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That tall guy with the long hair and presumably his mother will be front no doubt

Lives in California according to the Internet so we may be spared.

Although WM didn't exactly sell out within minutes as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ridley wrote: »
    Lives in California according to the Internet so we may be spared.

Although WM didn't exactly sell out within minutes as per usual.

Well you can open up and do whatever but until people feel safe to do it they won’t do things we used to do without a thought. We will get back to that but it’s not there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Once again a landmark main event for mania night 1 using mobile so can't use spoiler tag but it's easy enough to guess

I'd say Bianca/Sasha main eventing would be done since it's 2 days so can accommodate women another night and men the other night. Otherwise there'll be complaints.
    Also as Ridley said and I never thought of it, but the African American main event.
    Either way I'm sure there'll be crying at the end of it

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1380644893660483590

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Cool. One of the matches I do want to watch because they will both want to go all out if they're allowed to. I can't swear I'll watch night two live but I'll give night one a fair shot at least.

Comments on that tweet saying about how they're giving fans what they want.
    Can't say I've seen anyone say they wanted this. Or maybe just no one cared enough to comment.

And that's a really bad picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There was a whimper of a #movement but only barely.

Reckon it's Bobby vs Drew that will open the show tomorrow

WWE has officially announced the opening and closing matches for WrestleMania 37 Night One.

Drew McIntyre vs. WWE Champion Bobby Lashley will kick off Night One from Raymond James Stadium on Saturday.

Bianca Belair vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Sasha Banks will then main event the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Comments on that tweet saying about how they're giving fans what they want.
    Can't say I've seen anyone say they wanted this. Or maybe just no one cared enough to comment.

Sasha has a very poisonous passionate fanbase.

Twitter and Reddit stans, just the absolute worst...

My guess was right anyway ha

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Belair and Banks headlining Wrestlemania just sums up the nonsensical lack of long term booking WWE produces now.

Is anyone invested in this match? The Becky/Ronda/Flair main event actually was the accumulation of a journey. This is putting them in the match event just for the sake of it last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Officer999 wrote: »
    Belair and Banks headlining Wrestlemania just sums up the nonsensical lack of long term booking WWE produces now.

Is anyone invested in this match? The Becky/Ronda/Flair main event actually was the accumulation of a journey. This is putting them in the match event just for the sake of it last minute.

A feud that has centered around a wine expert probably should not be headlining Wrestlemania.

That being said, Sasha and Bianca should have a great match, they're fantastic workers who deserve the spot even if the story does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Never seen a WM card read so much like any weekly episode of their TV shows, night one especially seems distinctly average. Nothing grabbing me to watch, Lashley and McIntyre has been seen before in TNA.

Who could miss the Fiends whacky antics on night two though, that I will check out.

Happy Mania day everyone

Looks like they won't be using the boat in the stadium but have built there own replica

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What's a Nigerian Drum Fight when it's at home?

It's a relatively poor card (Reigns/Edge/Bryan aside, I think that's a big match fitting of Mania personally) but will probably be elevated more than it has any right to be by the return of a live audience.

• Advertisement

Think Drew is winning and Roman is retaining

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Read 25k in attendance. I assume that's 25k each night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

The main event is the one that sees out the Sunday.

Not sure it's even in WWE's favour to advertise what's happening each night for the most part. Supposedly the King of the Ring PPVs didn't do better numbers cause audiences didn't like not knowing what the card would be but in WM's case, it would just be not knowing match order like any other event.

And both nights are packaged together on platforms anyway aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

25k I wonder how Vince will spin it if it turns into a super spreader event.

Florida is mad with events being open from the Super Bowl to Spring Break to this it has been averaging 6k cases of Coivd a day for the last month.

It's mad they were still advertising tickets on Smackdown. When was the last time that happened for Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I do want to enjoy mania. But can't help but feel this is going to be a slog. Usual WWE garbage. First match or two will be alright then it goes downhill.

But I hope I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's probably been asked a 100 times so I'll ask again is it a midnight or 1am start time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's probably been asked a 100 times so I'll ask again is it a midnight or 1am start time?

Pre Show at 12, main show kicks off at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Necro wrote: »
    Pre Show at 12, main show kicks off at 1am

Really should be 12 main show start. No need for 1am starts anymore.

• Advertisement

It's mad they were still advertising tickets on Smackdown. When was the last time that happened for Mania?

International fans would make up a big % of the attendance and as we know they won't be any in attendance this year

Advertisement