Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phil Spector dies!

• 17-01-2021 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Phil Spector has died in prison at the age of 81.

Older music fans will appreciate straight away who he was. Producing some very famous artists including John Lennon & Tina Turner. More recently (2003) he was convicted of murder.

RTE news : Music producer Phil Spector dies
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0117/1190314-phil-spector-death/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A brilliant producer but also convicted murderer. Just punch 'Wall of Sound' into Spotify or deezer and listen to the many memorable hits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A brilliant producer but also convicted murderer. Just punch 'Wall of Sound' into Spotify or deezer and listen to the many memorable hits.

Mourning the producing genius now, not so much the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mourning the producing genius now, not so much the man.

I didn't know the man.
    I know his music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I didn't know the man.
    I know his music.

Absolutely. I just hope there aren’t people trashing the art because they don’t like something the artist did.

The music should stand alone as some of best ever produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭hynesie08

An absolute piece of human garbage, but you've lost that loving feelin is arguably the greatest pop song ever written.....

Can you be happy someone is dead and also be happy they were alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Absolutely. I just hope there aren’t people trashing the art because they don’t like something the artist did.

It doesn't matter, he's a violent criminal and shouldn't be respected. You of all people should realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Those wigs in the courthouse.

Definitely not a Bell End of the highest order...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Only just saw this now on Channel 4

https://www.channel4.com/news/convicted-murderer-and-former-music-producer-phil-spector-dies-in-jail-at-81

If someone is both a murderer and a music producer, then I would suggest using different wording than:
    He masterminded dozens of hits in the 1960s and 70s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

At this rate of villains dying and retiring James Bond can retire soon.

This is like the third thread on his death I've seen..

It's like someone is stacking threads going for a boards equivalent of the wall of sound..

• Advertisement
Advertisement