Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin connect issue

Options
  • 17-01-2021 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi their
    I Did 2 short spins today, one on zwift and the other on the road using a wahoo bolt, both uploaded to strava but neither uploaded to garmin connect, would anyone know why this is ? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭cletus

ciaeim wrote: »
    Hi their
    I Did 2 short spins today, one on zwift and the other on the road using a wahoo bolt, both uploaded to strava but neither uploaded to garmin connect, would anyone know why this is ? Thank you

Because your using a wahoo bolt...

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

cletus wrote: »
    Because your using a wahoo bolt...

Ok thanks that explains road spin, But usually Zwift rides auto upload to garmin connect but today’s didn’t for some reason? Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭cletus

Ok thanks that explains road spin, But usually Zwift rides auto upload to garmin connect but today’s didn’t for some reason? Any ideas

Sorry, I assumed you used the bolt for both rides. I've never used zwift, so I can't help

cletus wrote: »
    Sorry, I assumed you used the bolt for both rides. I've never used zwift, so I can't help

Ok mate. Thanks for your input ðŸ‘
    I think i may have changed some setting after road spin wouldn’t upload to connect but no idea what 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Let us know if you find a fix. I'm due an upgrade. Was going to stay in the Garmin family because I like Connect and have years of training history on it. I'd like to try the likes of a Bolt if I thought I could easily get it to talk to the Connect software.

Presume you've checked Connect settings and have Strava in as a partner App?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

fat bloke wrote: »
    Let us know if you find a fix. I'm due an upgrade. Was going to stay in the Garmin family because I like Connect and have years of training history on it. I'd like to try the likes of a Bolt if I thought I could easily get it to talk to the Connect software.

Wahoo doesn't have an equivalent to the Garmin Connect website. My BOLT will upload to Strava, Ride with GPS and a few others but not Garmin Connect. I never really used Garmin Connect (except for courses) so this wasn't an issue switching to Wahoo. It's still possible to download the GPX from Strava then manually upload to Garmin Connect - messy but possible if you really need it.

fat bloke wrote: »

Yes i have thanks!

crosstownk wrote: »
    Wahoo doesn't have an equivalent to Garmin Connect. My BOLT will upload to Strava, Ride with GPS and a few others but not Garmin Connect. I never really used Garmin Connect (except for courses) so this wasn't an issue switching to Wahoo. It's still possible to download the GPX from Strava then manually upload to Garmin Connect - messy but possible if you really need it.

Didn’t realise that wahoo and garmin connect were not compatible!
    What i don’t understand is why my Zwift rides won’t upload to garmin connect as they always did ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What i don’t understand is why my Zwift rides won’t upload to garmin connect as they always did ?

I've never used Zwift so I don't have first hand experience but I'd hazard a guess that maybe previous uploads were via Zwift rather than Wahoo.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I've never used Zwift so I don't have first hand experience but I'd hazard a guess that maybe previous uploads were via Zwift rather than Wahoo.

Yea i never use wahoo for Zwift rides. They upload automatically to Strava and garmin connect. That is until today when it only uploaded to Strava and not garmin connect. Thanks for your input

• Advertisement
Advertisement