Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MrSkinny wrote: »
    I hear you. In all honesty it's a kneejerk reaction after bringing in Soucek for the DGW instead of Gundogan and missing out on a good few points.

No major fires in defence either:

Martinez (Button)
    Cancelo, Chilwell, Coufal, Bednarek, Lowton

I was looking at Stones for Bednarek/Coufal (also a week too late!) but I'm .1 short.

You could maybe look at double City defence to get some of the City points but looks like Chilwell is your only player available to swap out for Dias, Stones, etc.

Chelsea's Wolves, Burnley, Spurs v Man City's WBA, Sheffield United and Burnley.

Then factor in rotation risks and Chilwell's attacking potential not sure you'd be any better off. Chasing points never a good thing, I'd bank personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I went Gundogan as he has penos and is more assured of starts. Do you not think Pep could still bench Foden and play Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling some weeks?

Hey mate, Yeah its a fair argument. Even when gundogan was playing awful pep rarely dropped him so im 99percent sure hes one of the first three names on the team sheet so with pens too its a safe bet. His stats for shots in the box are pretty impressive. I dont know if his returns are sustainable though but hes an abs steal. The problem is foden is a steal too at his price, there is abs no need to rest him and the rest are in awful form at the minute bt that hasnt stopped pep before.

Gundogan is probably the sensible option, foden the riskier with the highest potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

POKERKING wrote: »
    Hey mate, Yeah its a fair argument. Even when gundogan was playing awful pep rarely dropped him so im 99percent sure hes one of the first three names on the team sheet so with pens too its a safe bet. His stats for shots in the box are pretty impressive. I dont know if his returns are sustainable though but hes an abs steal. The problem is foden is a steal too at his price, there is abs no need to rest him and the rest are in awful form at the minute bt that hasnt stopped pep before.

Gundogan is probably the sensible option, foden the riskier with the highest potential.

Yea I agree Foden looks great when he plays but I was burnt by him early this season. I will probably wild card in the next couple of weeks so I'll see how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not sure what to do...have looked at a few moves and boiled it down to 2 options:

KDB to Sterling

or

KDB to Gundog and Brewster to Bamford for a hit.

I'm not keen on Sterking at all tbh. Have owned him a few times over the years and it's never gone well tbh

Actually went with a radical third option instead... KDB and Anguissa out for Gundog and Maddison.

My hits have generally been successful this season so hopefully the trend continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Needed to ship vardy. Resisted Antonio because I already have 2 west ham. Might regret this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Torn between JWP to Foden
    Or
    Robbo to Cancelo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

siblers wrote: »
    Torn between JWP to Foden
    Or
    Robbo to Cancelo

Do both. We only live once

Do both. We only live once

I've Dias and Sterling already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

siblers wrote: »
    I've Dias and Sterling already

I'd do Foden then albeit its risky. But tbh maybe save a transfer?

Who is to say that Chilwell for example wont explode this GW and go on bigger things at weekend? Or other Chelsea assets.

Need to stay ahead of the game :pac:

Rashford is declared match fit btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KDB and KWP to Gundogan and Cancelo for -4.

I initially thought Gundo would be a trap and he may still be but then I looked at some of his underlying stats and they're literally the best on the City team. Him being on penalties too means I just couldn't say no to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Want to get rid of Soucek for either Foden or Gundo.
    Very unsure which one too go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Pogba or Son?

Considering i already have Kane and Bruno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

KDB and KWP to Gundogan and Cancelo for -4.

I initially thought Gundo would be a trap and he may still be but then I looked at some of his underlying stats and they're literally the best on the City team. Him being on penalties too means I just couldn't say no to that.
    Yeah, I've decided to go with him for KDB aswell this week. Don't think I will use the money I save this week though. But plenty to play with next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Burnley don't concede a lot and I fancy Spurs to score.

Robertson has no attacking points in 5 games and Watkins has 2 returns in 10 games.

Tough one - personally I'd go Robertson but not much in it at all.

Cheers, I'm going to go with my gut and stick with Watkins. I've only 10 minutes now to change my mind :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jaysus. Did I see quite a few lads dumping Soucek? Commiserations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Jaysus. Did I see quite a few lads dumping Soucek? Commiserations.

Checking in.

I wouldn't have started him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Did KDB/Kilman to Gundogan/Cancelo for a hit, hope it pays off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

patmac wrote: »
    Did KDB/Kilman to Gundogan/Cancelo for a hit, hope it pays off.

Think it already has!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I did not see that coming! Expected a tight game tonight. 45 mins in and foden over gundogen looking a bad mistake. Come on phil do something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I did not see that coming! Expected a tight game tonight. 45 mins in and foden over gundogen looking a bad mistake. Come on phil do something!

He should have had a goal in fairness, I was annoyed as I had a 10er on him for first goal but was a great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Took possibly my worst points hit ever. Knew it was ill advised but had Vardy out as well as KDB so rather than paly Saka I took a bit for Bamford against Newcastle.

Just the 16 points lost.......

Might cheer up the Soucek sellers. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Took possibly my worst points hit ever. Knew it was I'll advised but had Vardy out as well as KDB so rather than paly Saka I took a bit for Bamford against Newcastle.

I played my wildcard, got rid of Soucek, swaped Gungdoden out for Foden and I had Cancelo captained for the DGW :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Took possibly my worst points hit ever. Knew it was ill advised but had Vardy out as well as KDB so rather than paly Saka I took a bit for Bamford against Newcastle.

I also took a hit for Bamford, a hit that relegated Soucek to the bench. It's up there with the worst of them! A rage benching after his DGW.

Made slightly bearable that no rivals had Soucek playing and 2 captained.... Bamford.

Advertisement