Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    But will he start!!!

that's the whole problem and if KdB is out does Pep change his style of play and what does that mean for everyone else.

Also have Werner that needs to go

If Salah shows anything promising tomorrow he could be an Option, otherwise Maddison at their great run.

A left field choice would be Pereira for West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    But will he start!!!

He has started 9 of the last 10 which at City is as close to nailed on as you can get and at the price is a stonewall no brainer if you have a free City spot if KDB is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

And with the FA cup fixture, which KDB wouldn't have played in anyways, we won't really know until Monday what the story with KDB is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Probably KDB to Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Foden in now KDB is out? Passed the eye test yesterday anyway, been really impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Foden in now KDB is out? Passed the eye test yesterday anyway, been really impressive

I think so..-8 for.me at the moment, dias / stones, foden / gundogan, and Antonio or Cavan in I think. For dallas /kwp, kdb and wood.

Don't want to waste the wildcard too early but all of a sudden I have loads of fires to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone have any strong feeling one way or another between Maddison and Barnes?

Maddison is the one I'd normally go for, but stats says Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone have any strong feeling one way or another between Maddison and Barnes?

Maddison is the one I'd normally go for, but stats says Barnes

I'd probably go Maddison based on his form and his interview the other night where he said they had been working on trying to get him scoring more goals. I like Barnes but I find him a frustrating asset to own at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Salah out Madison in. If the KDB injury keeps him out for a while Son in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Considering taking a - 4 this GW now
    Sterling Cavani Out
    Grealish Vardy In
    Taken to many hits recently to just jump on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Sterling Cavani Out
    Grealish Vardy In

Grealish will be suspended if he's booked Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Sterling Cavani Out
    Grealish Vardy In

Vardy in?????

WC team first draft;

Martinez (Steer)

Cancelo, Stones, Chilwell (Justin, Dunne)

Son, Grealish, Bruno, Foden (ESR)

Vardy, Kane, Antonio

Apart from the weak bench because I neglected team value are there any other major faults??

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Salah out, anyone in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably KDB to Rashford

I'm struggling to see any appeal with Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pogue eile wrote: »
    WC team first draft;

Martinez (Steer)

Cancelo, Stones, Chilwell (Justin, Dunne)

Son, Grealish, Bruno, Foden (ESR)

Vardy, Kane, Antonio

Apart from the weak bench because I neglected team value are there any other major faults??

Don't get Steer, it will block you getting a 3rd Villa player for their double game weeks.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Don't get Steer, it will block you getting a 3rd Villa player for their double game weeks.

Very good point, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Very good point, cheers.

I found that out the hard way, I've had both since week 3. The rest of the team looks very good, I wouldn't change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Salah out Madison in. If the KDB injury keeps him out for a while Son in for him.

You just going to leave KDB on the bench so for 3 maybe more GW's?

I can't have him sitting on my bench at that cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

A very boring KDB to Gundogan I'd imagine. City's next 3 fixtures are too good for no attacking coverage, Gundogan seems to be on pens too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If Arsenal do sign Odengaard on loan from Real Madrid, that will have an impact on ESR starts probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

PhilipsR wrote: »
    A very boring KDB to Gundogan I'd imagine. City's next 3 fixtures are too good for no attacking coverage, Gundogan seems to be on pens too.

Could Gundo go back into midfield with Kev out though?

I was gonna go for 3 city at the back, something interesting I read on Twitter is that if City had a game cancelled you could only field 10 because you'd have max 2 defenders. It's probably unlikely but I need every edge I can get at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Could Gundo go back into midfield with Kev out though?

I was gonna go for 3 city at the back, something interesting I read on Twitter is that if City had a game cancelled you could only field 10 because you'd have max 2 defenders. It's probably unlikely but I need every edge I can get at this stage!

Good Point. You could put Ederson as a third city cover however, if a game got cancelled you would be able to field 11 still

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sterling might get overlooked a bit here. He'll have frustrated people a bit, but he only has 9 points less than KDB this season and has played less minutes. Hard to see him not playing the games when De Bruyne is out.......right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    Sterling might get overlooked a bit here. He'll have frustrated people a bit, but he only has 9 points less than KDB this season and has played less minutes. Hard to see him not playing the games when De Bruyne is out.......right?

I have him but I'm not convinced. He scored a very unexpected free kick against Palace right at the death and he didn't look like scoring at all against Villa. I'd say he is more or less nailed to start though and they do have some tasty fixtures.

siblers wrote: »
    I have him but I'm not convinced. He scored a very unexpected free kick against Palace right at the death and he didn't look like scoring at all against Villa. I'd say he is more or less nailed to start though and they do have some tasty fixtures.

That’s all it is for me. A player with pedigree, who is nailed to start in juicy fixtures is usually a good choice.

He is expensive so maybe not for people who could do with using the funds elsewhere for other premium guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Shopping for a cheapy (4.2 and under) def who might occasionally pick something up. Have Mitchell already, any suggestions? Any point to Lewis or Taylor at the moment?

Shopping for a cheapy (4.2 and under) def who might occasionally pick something up. Have Mitchell already, any suggestions? Any point to Lewis or Taylor at the moment?

Lascelles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Posting this here too as useful for transfers.

An update on KDB, 4-6 weeks Pep saying.

Missing potenitally the next 6 GW's at least (4 weeks)

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1352609735342743552?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Played the wildcard fcuk it..

Martinez Areola
    Targett Justin Stones Dias Coufal
    Grealish Maddison Gundogan Fernandes Pogba
    Antonio Kane Vardy

Advertisement