Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

siblers wrote: »
    Grealish a problem now. Went off with a tight hamstring

For the love of god

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Did KDB to Gundogan before tonight’s price changes. Kilman to Cancelo and Wilson to Kane in the next few weeks, only 0.1 in hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did KDB to Gundo too. Was tempted by Bilva but Gundo just makes too much sense. Enough in the bank to do Brewster to Kane next week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Did Zouma to Shaw last night

Just did Bowen to Gundogan for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I already had Gundogan along with KDB. So what City mid do I get?

Some kind of strange FPL non logic seems to say it has to be Sterling in the same price range but I'm probably thinking I trust Foden more.

I'd be tempted to make 2 transfers and switch to a second City defender but I've Vardy to sort too so I'm probably at a -4 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FHFC wrote: »
    I already had Gundogan along with KDB. So what City mid do I get?

Some kind of strange FPL non logic seems to say it has to be Sterling in the same price range but I'm probably thinking I trust Foden more.

I'd be tempted to make 2 transfers and switch to a second City defender but I've Vardy to sort too so I'm probably at a -4 already.

Sterling is probably their most nailed on forward. Foden you would think is nailed but also more of a rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I posted too quickly
    He might have a hamstring issue
    If you saw the face on him coming off, he was alot less concerned about his hamstring than the coaching staff were. He was not one bit happy about being subbed off :D

As someone who maybe hasn't been following this Gundogan renaissance (sure I've seen the goals but maybe not been monitoring the positions he takes up as much as I've been watching other players), can someone who is sweet on him, sell what makes him an underlying guy who is likely to maintain his recent run of goalscoring form and makes him the perfect transfer for this week?

He has penalties now which is a thing, but he also has 3.59 xG for the full season, which is less xG all season than he has even scored goals (4) in the last 5 games.

I've seen David Silva comparisons made also, and yet he has no assists in the league. What am I missing here lads? As much detail as possible would be ideal if anyone has an insight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

CSF wrote: »
    As someone who maybe hasn't been following this Gundogan renaissance (sure I've seen the goals but maybe not been monitoring the positions he takes up as much as I've been watching other players), can someone who is sweet on him, sell what makes him an underlying guy who is likely to maintain his recent run of goalscoring form and makes him the perfect transfer for this week?

He has penalties now which is a thing, but he also has 3.59 xG for the full season, which is less xG all season than he has even scored goals (4) in the last 5 games.

I've seen David Silva comparisons made also, and yet he has no assists in the league. What am I missing here lads? As much detail as possible would be ideal if anyone has an insight

İlkay Goaldoğan..

maxresdefault.jpg

He does look an option form the games I’ve seen him play recently.

Good positions and good chances to score.

I’m not buying into it but only because I think he’s likely to drop back a bit further now with the absence of KDB. imo.

That said he’s a low risk punt because of their fixtures, his cost, the likelyhood of him starting and the fact it looks like he’s on penalties too.

It’s him or Bilva for me. I think. I haven’t decided yet. I don’t think City will be very good without KDB but these fixtures shouldn’t tax them.

• Advertisement

He does look an option form the games I’ve seen him play recently.

Good positions and good chances to score.

I’m not buying into it but only because I think he’s likely to drop back a bit further now with the absence of KDB. imo.

That said he’s a low risk punt because of their fixtures, his cost, the likelyhood of him starting and the fact it looks like he’s on penalties too.

It’s him or Bilva for me. I think. I haven’t decided yet. I don’t think City will be very good without KDB but these fixtures shouldn’t tax them.
    Why these guys ahead of Foden who looks dangerous every time he has the ball and will surely be relied upon now to be the guy City look to make things happen for them in the absence of De Bruyne.

In my mind Foden looks the most dangerous by far, and yet everyone else seems to have a different opinion so I'm wondering if I have a blindspot

If you saw the face on him coming off, he was alot less concerned about his hamstring than the coaching staff were. He was not one bit happy about being subbed off :D

I'll hold him anyway. Would cost me an extra.4 to get him back

Why these guys ahead of Foden who looks dangerous every time he has the ball and will surely be relied upon now to be the guy City look to make things happen for them in the absence of De Bruyne.

In my mind Foden looks the most dangerous by far, and yet everyone else seems to have a different opinion so I'm wondering if I have a blindspot

I agree with you on Foden. I praised him recently but I opted for double defence plus KDB. So I feel I’ve kind of missed out (on his points) and I don’t expect him, or City, to do as well without KDB.

Don’t like that he played the FA cup game either. Could be due a rest.

And I don’t like owning rotation risk players. I don’t think Dias, Cancelo or KDB are rotation risk.

Edit - I’m definitely not trying to out you off him. Just explaining why I’m not considering him.

Robertson to Cancelo is tempting

I think I have enough attacking coverage for now with Sterling

The decision has to be made though (between the City midfielders) as there’s no getting away from their next 3 fixtures.

KDB replacement will be a City midfielder.

So one of -

Foden, Mahrez, Silva, Sterling or the Irish cowboy GunDuggan.

Edit - or do you choose Jesus as your Vardy replacement ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Grealish a problem now. Went off with a tight hamstring
    Wouldn't mind a yellow flag to shake out a few owners, his assist last night barely registered on my live rank

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't own him but can see the attraction.

The Silva comparison is nonsense, totally different player.

City are playing without a striker at the moment, there's a gang of about 3 rotating into the centre forward role, one of which is Gundog. So for 5.5 you're getting a city forward who's scoring, is on penalties and you're getting midfielder points for it.

Since he took up that role, he's 4 goals in 5. I'd imagine most of that XG was in the last 5 games. Next up are West Brom and Sheffield United, two of the worst defences in the league.

And as for "likely to continue this run", that's unfair, he's not a 30 goal a season man, he's a 5.5 mid. What would you epxect from Soucek, Saint Maximan or Podence? You need to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I dont buy into this gundogan thing at all.

Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, even bernardo silva are more likely to score than him. Theres also rotation risk should Fernandinho & Rodri play in midfield.

I got

Salah Bruno Grealish Son

Kane, Antonio, Bamford

I would love a City attacking player but I just cant get rid of any of above. Not for this GW fixtures anyways

(If i was buying a cheap midfielder it would be raphinha, he is gonna have a gr8 time vs probably the worst team in the league right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I have a feeling that Jesus will start a lot more and Gundog will drop a bit deeper.

Anyone else think City defence will be far more frail now without the outlet of Kdb’s presence and driving runs?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I don't own him but can see the attraction.

The Silva comparison is nonsense, totally different player.

City are playing without a striker at the moment, there's a gang of about 3 rotating into the centre forward role, one of which is Gundog. So for 5.5 you're getting a city forward who's scoring, is on penalties and you're getting midfielder points for it.

Since he took up that role, he's 4 goals in 5. I'd imagine most of that XG was in the last 5 games. Next up are West Brom and Sheffield United, two of the worst defences in the league.

And as for "likely to continue this run", that's unfair, he's not a 30 goal a season man, he's a 5.5 mid. What would you epxect from Soucek, Saint Maximan or Podence? You need to be realistic.

Looking at him as a 5.5 is only one side of it though. You also have to look at him as 1 of 3 super valuable City slots if you’re taking him. So he does need to perform, because other City assets will over this 3 game period. The fixtures are too good for it to be otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, even bernardo silva are more likely to score than him. Theres also rotation risk should Fernandinho & Rodri play in midfield.

I got

Salah Bruno Grealish Son

Kane, Antonio, Bamford

I would love a City attacking player but I just cant get rid of any of above. Not for this GW fixtures anyways

(If i was buying a cheap midfielder it would be raphinha, he is gonna have a gr8 time vs probably the worst team in the league right now)

For being on penalties alone for Man City who have West Brom and Sheff Utd next two makes him a great option.

mectavba wrote: »
    For being on penalties alone for Man City who have West Brom and Sheff Utd next two makes him a great option.

You’d think so. But Man City have only won 5 penalties, and Sheff United have a remarkably low 1 penalty conceded and West Brom only 4 so maybe the uptick in penalty return isn’t as marked as you would think when looking at good team against bad team.

You’d think so. But Man City have only won 5 penalties, and Sheff United have a remarkably low 1 penalty conceded and West Brom only 4 so maybe the uptick in penalty return isn’t as marked as you would think when looking at good team against bad team.

Also, that assumes 100% conversion rate.

He may be good, but boy if he misses 1 peno in the next 2 games, the scenes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I was considering Werner, on the basis, he must hit some form sooner rather than later. A missed penalty today is steering me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Happy4all wrote: »
    I was considering Werner, on the basis, he must hit some form sooner rather than later. A missed penalty today is steering me away.

As a self confessed Wernerphile I'm now of the opinion (finally) that until Lampard is no longer his manager it's an absolute folly to own him...

*I still momentarily own him

Happy4all wrote: »

I wouldn't go near him, he's as useless as Wilson . I'd take a punt on Cavani over Werner

Werner & Willian the 2 most disappointing transfers of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I got

Salah Bruno Grealish Son

Kane, Antonio, Bamford

For this GW you cant get rid of any of those??

You have 3 attacking players playing in the one game where one team will park the bus and the other team hasn't scored in its last 4 GW's - if you are simply talking about this GW alone then all 3 of those are far less attractive that a City attacker

Pogue eile wrote: »
    For this GW you cant get rid of any of those??

You have 3 attacking players playing in the one game where one team will park the bus and the other team hasn't scored in its last 4 GW's - if you are simply talking about this GW alone then all 3 of those are far less attractive that a City attacker

I cant. and I wont. I am not in the business of transferring out players who already have 11 + goals each for speculative picks who could be benched, and, most importantly, who may not perform as well as 1 may hope with the most creative player in the team injured.

I have Stones as insurance :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I cant. and I wont. I am not in the business of transferring out players who already have 11 + goals each for speculative picks who could be benched, and, most importantly, who may not perform as well as 1 may hope with the most creative player in the team injured.

I have Stones as insurance :pac:

Whatever about the two Spurs lads, the Salah currently playing is not the same player as the one who scored 13 goals in GW1-14

Advertisement