Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Whatever about the two Spurs lads, the Salah currently playing is not the same player as the one who scored 13 goals in GW1-14

I haven't seen him play but from reading and some of the stats I've seen I'm going to get rid of him for a while. Just too expensive for what he is offering. Slim pickings there though between city attackers and Leicester I think. Son maybe the week after.

I'm waiting until the last anyway, not making transfers to anyone until these fa cup games are done.

Madison scores again for Leicester in cup, serious option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I haven't seen him play but from reading and some of the stats I've seen I'm going to get rid of him for a while. Just too expensive for what he is offering. Slim pickings there though between city attackers and Leicester I think. Son maybe the week after.

I'm waiting until the last anyway, not making transfers to anyone until these fa cup games are done.

Salah has been awful as have Liverpool in general, I have gotten rid but the one nagging doubt with Salah is that he could potentially explode at any given moment, he is one of those players that could score 20 plus points in a GW from nowhere, but on current evidence - not only with him but the entire squad - it is very difficult to justify that price tag. 11 pts in 5 game weeks, cant think of any other player that people would keep with that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Shaw starting today has me regretting transferring him in for Zouma prematurely.

Good chance he'll be rested versus Sheffield United for Telles :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Shaw starting today has me regretting transferring him in for Zouma prematurely.

I was going to get Cavani and he's fecking starting too

• Advertisement

Salah has been awful as have Liverpool in general, I have gotten rid but the one nagging doubt with Salah is that he could potentially explode at any given moment, he is one of those players that could score 20 plus points in a GW from nowhere, but on current evidence - not only with him but the entire squad - it is very difficult to justify that price tag. 11 pts in 5 game weeks, cant think of any other player that people would keep with that form.

Finished off a fine move there against united. Certainly makes you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Also, Zouma played today.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I swapped Bissouma out for Gundogan. I had been planning to dump Salah for KDB but I'm going to hold Salah a bit longer now. I actually thought he looked the best he has in a while when he came off the bench the last night.

Salah second goal against united. Certainly changed my mind now he looks sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Any love for Jesus? Is he nailed now with De Bruyne and Aguero out? Could end up being the saviour of this gameweek.

• Advertisement

I won't be selling Salah based on Tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

gandalfio wrote: »
    Any love for Jesus? Is he nailed now with De Bruyne and Aguero out? Could end up being the saviour of this gameweek.

I wouldn't until after the window has closed. I think City might look to bring in a striker on the assumption that Aguero is gone in the summer (if not before) and won't play much between now and then. They are one of the only clubs with the financial resources to spend big at the moment and up front is definitely an area they need to recruit.

siblers wrote: »

Yea. Definitely looks like the drought is over.

It would feel a bit foolish alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bruno also finding the net

Rashford limped off. Didn't look too serious but definitely limping.

touts wrote: »
    Rashford limped off. Didn't look too serious but definitely limping.

Ole just confirmed. It's a Knee injury. Scan tomorrow. He wouldn't say how long until after that but didn't look too hopeful.

That's potentially KDB, Vardy & Rashford all crocked in one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

KdB out, Rashford and doubt, and the punt of Werner last week still in my team, Werner may well get an extended run in my team :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DCL/Soucek out
    Antonio/Barnes in

Wanted a Leicester player, like the look of him over Maddison.

DCL to Antonio was for funds, Antonio seems to be in good form.

Gives a stronger squad than I've ever had, lots of flexibility for DGW's (realise that I'll be leaving points on the bench each week). Not really any higher priced players I want at present.

Mendy Meselier
    Robertson Cancelo Stones Bednarek Coufal
    Salah Grealish Son Bruno Barnes
    Antonio Bamford Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

2 choices for me

KDB out Sterling in

Or

KdB to Grealish and Martial to another-4

• Advertisement

Whatever about the two Spurs lads, the Salah currently playing is not the same player as the one who scored 13 goals in GW1-14

This aged like milk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    2 choices for me

KDB out Sterling in

Or

KdB to Grealish and Martial to another-4

I did the first one - no idea why ...have been burned by ster-king in the past - for his price he should be more consistent.

I already have grealish - but other options could be west ham or fulham (both teams seem to be in decent form)

This aged like milk

2 goals in the cup doesn't mean anything if he blanks against Spurs

2 goals in the cup doesn't mean anything if he blanks against Spurs

That wasn't my point. He's clearly still talented and he hasn't gone full Charles Barkley in Space Jam. He almost came on and scored the other day also. Imagine thinking Salah was done because of a dip in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

That wasn't my point. He's clearly still talented and he hasn't gone full Charles Barkley in Space Jam. He almost came on and scored the other day also. Imagine thinking Salah was done because of a dip in form.

Who said Salah was done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

This aged like milk

It did, especially when you ignore the post literally five minutes later!

Did you think that we was playing well??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's a reference I've never heard before

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I don't think anyone in the Fantasy Sports Arena forum speculated Salah was done in any shape or form.

Out of form maybe (because he is in the PL) but not done.

Pogue eile's OP was bang on in fairness, prior to yesterdays game, he was not the same player as GW 1-14.

GW 1-14 points: 118
    GW 15-19 points: 11

If Frank is gone, I may take a punt on Tammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

If Frank is gone, I may take a punt on Tammy

Be careful, there are strong rumours that Tuchel is coming in to help get the most out of Werner and Havertz as a fellow German speaker.

Does this mean Werner playing on the wing marauding in or played centrally ? Not sure but it might be worth keeping an eye on for a game or two before jumping.

Advertisement