Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch until Sunday 24th (N,W,SW most at risk)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Ppn more organised over the South but as I said earlier a notable mild sector also .
    Tbh it doesn't hugely excite me, pbly will snow on higher ground though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ppn more organised over the South but as I said earlier a notable mild sector also .
    Tbh it doesn't hugely excite me, pbly will snow on higher ground though!

Heavier precipitation down there might help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

On the plus side (for the mid east coast counties), it is showing that wrap-around on Sunday afternoon that the ECM was alluding to. It will be all very nowcast alright.

pieVKuK.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

This band looks like it may reach here finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

I mean, we're desperately chasing a cm or two of snow. Has it come to this? I won't be staying up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snowing now in Sligo and some white lying. Not powder puff snow but white hail sleet n bits of snow mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I mean, we're desperately chasing a cm or two of snow. Has it come to this? I won't be staying up for that.

Yes, it's sad. But there's feck all else to do! :pac:

Yes it has, you have to take what you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Seymour20

Few torches coming down Croagh Patrick, must be people getting their snow fix. Moonlight glinting off the snow, snowline still at about 200m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

not often you see Malin Head - Recent Snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Yeah, am I missing something here or is there really page after page of discussion and analysis on what looks at best like a bit of drizzle in the middle of the night :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

i woulndt be surprised too see the odd spark off the Sligo coast tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Yeah, am I missing something here or is there really page after page of discussion and analysis on what looks at best like a bit of drizzle in the middle of the night :confused:

There's some decently heavy snow showers across the NW at present. Current batch doesn't look like it will impact letterkenny much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

typhoony wrote: »
    not often you see Malin Head - Recent Snow

First time since December 3rd but you're right . Its rare there , maritime influence on 3 sides. 10 miles inland is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Let people have their fun. I'm on dry January in the middle of a pandemic so need something to distract, even if it the possibility of a cm of snow to wake up to !

Yay! About time!

8iytWvu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

What you might be missing is that this is boards.ie not boards.fi

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

pad199207 wrote: »
    GFS going more like ICON in the pub run for tomorrow night with an increasingly broken up band of snow by the time it reaches Leinster.

You're going to drive yourself crazy :pac:

Be cool, like me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Snowing here in mohill I'll take a pic if it sticks 0c

• Advertisement

Much more pronounced by the UKMO

zhciMnm.gif

xndUMPM.gif

On shore wind won't be doing us any favours on the east coast. Hopefully it will be cold enough to keep it as snow here.

Rain makes me sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Our snailstones stopped

Just sloppy wet white mess

Nice to see pink on netradar and green at sea. At least that means worst we will get is sleet so a few more attempts at showers overnight might make a snowball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Well it's not like we can head to the pub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

You're going to drive yourself crazy :pac:

Be cool, like me :cool:

I’ll try me best

B13-D3-B73-2384-44-D2-A46-E-49-D0002-A480-E.jpg

Drizzle? Nope.

Snizzle. Yep.

It's all very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Nice few snow showers here in kilmovee mayo this eve.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    There's some decently heavy snow showers across the NW at present. Current batch doesn't look like it will impact letterkenny much though.

Nothing heavy but we've had plenty of light showers all evening, not amounting to much but with very little melting now they're slowly but surely starting to accumulate so we're back to where we were this morning with ~2cm cover.

The showers seem to be pepping up a bit again so hopefully a few manage to make it further inland towards you as the night goes on!

Drizzle? Nope.

Snizzle. Yep.

It's all very exciting.

Think it was March 2013 when I first heard that word, week after week of the stuff that month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Precipitation has all but dissapeared on met Eireann forecast for tomorrow night, ah well, we go again. Meant to say for my area that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

N, snow warnings for NI airports.

Derry
    Snow
    Issued at: Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 17:41 UTC
    Valid from: Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 00:00 UTC
    Valid to: Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 06:00 UTC
    SNOW (OR RAIN AND SNOW MIXED) IS LIKELY TO OCCUR AT THE AIRFIELD.SLIGHT SNOWFALL IS FORECAST, WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 1-2 CM. SNOW TYPE WET. VISIBILITY IS EXPECTED TO FALL BELOW 600M IN THE SNOWFALL, WITH A MINIMUM VISIBILITY OF 300 M.

Aldergrove
    Snow
    Issued at: Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 15:57 UTC
    Valid from: Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 19:00 UTC
    Valid to: Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 07:00 UTC
    SNOW (OR RAIN AND SNOW MIXED) IS LIKELY TO OCCUR AT THE AIRFIELD.SLIGHT SNOWFALL IS FORECAST, WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 or 2 CM (MOST LIKELY AFTER 0200 UTC). SNOW TYPE WET. VISIBILITY IS EXPECTED TO FALL BELOW 600M IN THE SNOWFALL, WITH A MINIMUM VISIBILITY OF 300 M.

George Best
    Snow
    Issued at: Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 17:41 UTC
    Valid from: Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 02:00 UTC
    Valid to: Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 06:00 UTC
    SNOW (OR RAIN AND SNOW MIXED) IS LIKELY TO OCCUR AT THE AIRFIELD.SLIGHT SNOWFALL IS FORECAST, WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF NIL- 1 CM. SNOW TYPE WET VISIBILITY IS EXPECTED TO FALL BELOW 600M IN THE SNOWFALL, WITH A MINIMUM VISIBILITY OF 300M.

For the southern airports, only Knock has a snow warning. The rest have moderate frost.
    EIKN AD WRNG 02 VALID 221700/230800 SNOW FBL LESS THAN 1 CM FCST=

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement